• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Ramirez

A good Pharah is such a fun killer on console. She can fly so high now, and with the damage drop off, and usually a Mercy behind her...ugh.

LiK

You're very anti social for a very socially focused multi-player game lol.

I think you can disable notifications when you are in game no? I find it annoying to but I thibk it's disabled for me and I have psn messenger app so it goes straight to my phone. No need for discord.

Oh please, just because I don't want constant message pop-ups doesn't mean I'm antisocial. It's not like you use your mic that much either. If I disable message notifications, I won't get messages from individual messages and I've missed messages in the past because of that. There's no setting to control messages from specific groups.

Cappa

Banned
Oh please, just because I don't want constant message pop-ups doesn't mean I'm antisocial. It's not like you use your mic that much either. If I disable message notifications, I won't get messages from individual messages and I've missed messages in the past because of that. There's no setting to control messages from specific groups.
Don't yell at me I was just kidding :( I see you never use your mic because you'd tilt harder than nd lol

I don't use my mic much because Id rather pooh do all the yelling lol

LiK

Don't yell at me I was just kidding :( I see you never use your mic because you'd tilt harder than nd lol

I don't use my mic much because Id rather pooh do all the yelling lol

I would totally yell at people to push when I see them dawdle at a choke. Thankfully, it's not on mic lol

JJShadow

I've started using Sombra and I love her design and playstyle/skills set, but man, I feel like she's missing some DPS in comparison with other attack heroes, I wish she had at least one damage-focused skill. Is she out of the meta currently due to this? (playing on PS4 here)

komaruR

I would totally yell at people to push when I see them dawdle at a choke. Thankfully, it's not on mic lol

the time i muted my mic and thought it was on, i was yelling @!#$@#$! naw im just kidding. im just giggling like a little girl getting those killfeeds ;D

MaxiLive

Has anyone completed the PVE Uprising mission on Legendary and if so do you have any tips?

I'm struggling but I've been playing with randoms so each matchmade game becomes a fresh new start of figuring out how a certain Mercy/Tracer is going to play. The closest I've made it is with 30 seconds left on the clock during defending the kart section.

Zen Aku

A good Pharah is such a fun killer on console. She can fly so high now, and with the damage drop off, and usually a Mercy behind her...ugh.
image.php

I've started using Sombra and I love her design and playstyle/skills set, but man, I feel like she's missing some DPS in comparison with other attack heroes, I wish she had at least one damage-focused skill. Is she out of the meta currently due to this? (playing on PS4 here)
I've encountered quite a few Sombra at Diamond that can be an absolute menace. Usually she pair really well with a Soldier or Pharah. Someone who can deal a lot of damage and can distract a lot. That allow the Sombra to constantly sneak behind and harass the supports, it's even worst if they have a Winston too. A good Sombra is worst than Tracer to me. She can blink so far away you won't be able to finish her and she make all the health packs around you useless.

I only won those games because we ran triple tanks and had our Winston stay near the supports and me switching to Zen and discording her. She's not deadly in term of pure damage output like the other DPS, but she's annoying as hell and can kill a team who isn't coordinated.

antitrop

On PC, too. I've had a lot of games this season where my team came up with all sorts of bizarre reasons why we were losing and never once mentioned the Pharmercy wrecking house, because we're only running a single Soldier 76.

These are Grandmasters, too. The top 1% of players.

I heard someone say "The Pharah isn't even doing anything" as she dives our Supports all game for free.

On PC, too. I've had a lot of games this season where my team came up with all sorts of bizarre reasons why we were losing and never once mentioned the Pharmercy wrecking house, because we're only running a single Soldier 76.

I heard someone say "The Pharah isn't even doing anything" as she dives our Supports all game for free.

That's how I won that game to get the Gold player to Platinum. Basically I'd fly behind their Rein and three shot their Zen, then harass Ana.

When there's a Pharmercy on the other team, I make sure to keep an eye on her at all times. People just seem to ignore anything not right in front of them.

LiK

Pharmercy tilts me cuz I'm Soldier and all I'm thinking is "Great, gotta deal with this annoying shit again." I'd rather face a Bastion.

Zen Aku

I'm so glad the friend I play with who used to main Pharah 24/7 is now more of a Soldier and Widow main.

He absolutely destroy most Pharah even if they're running a Pharmercy. Usually I help call out with discord and he just snipe the Pharah or Mercy. But yeah Overwatch players are weird like that, for a game that is all about counters and combos. They really hate to learn playing anything beside their main.

komaruR

Pharmercy tilts me cuz I'm Soldier and all I'm thinking is "Great, gotta deal with this annoying shit again." I'd rather face a Bastion.

glad im not in anti pharah shoes :p (at least I think i'm not.). when I see a pharah now, all I think is I need to be pharah and compete with the other pharah on harassing the support. make the better harasser wins! :p

LiK

glad im not in anti pharah shoes :p (at least I think i'm not.). when I see a pharah now, all I think is I need to be pharah and compete with the other pharah on harassing the support. make the better harasser wins! :p

Yes please. You can duel and I'll flank her for ya. Haven't seen you on tho. Still traveling?

Last night I used Orisa to help counter the Phamercy combo. Use Orisa's vacuum shot to force position Mercy/Pharah so your team can focus fire without having to worry about aiming. Soldier can Helix Rocket right where the orb is as you pull them in. My team was pretty good about it.

On the note of Orisa: I think she needs something a little more to make her a great character, but I don't think she's bad, and I've won every match I've picked her in.

LiK

Last night I used Orisa to help counter the Phamercy combo. Use Orisa's vacuum shot to force position Mercy/Pharah so your team can focus fire without having to worry about aiming. Soldier can Helix Rocket right where the orb is as you pull them in. My team was pretty good about it.

On the note of Orisa: I think she needs something a little more to make her a great character, but I don't think she's bad, and I've won every match I've picked her in.

No one in our group is good enough with Orisa that I want to play Comp with her right now.

Scrub's alt is like 3200+ now from playing with us last night. Soon he will hit Masters and all the Plat bros will have to say goodbye to him.

Here's the thing, a couple of weeks ago, most of the group was in a good spot. We got Owzers to diamond; at least you (lik) and batman were also 3000+ SR. Not even a week later I see you 3 just go down to the 2700's!? How in the hell did that happen? I asked batman that question and he simply said "I don't want to talk about it". I play with the same group of people everyone else does, do I just join on the good side of the win streak?

LiK

Here's the thing, a couple of weeks ago, most of the group was in a good spot. We got Owzers to diamond; at least you (lik) and batman were also 3000+ SR. Not even a week later I see you 3 just go down to the 2700's!? How in the hell did that happen? I asked batman that question and he simply said "I don't want to talk about it". I play with the same group of people everyone else does, do I just join on the good side of the win streak?

I was Solo Qing a few weeks ago and had like a 6-7 game losing streak with some of the worst team of randoms. It was a major drop. This was before Batman came back to play OW and before we had a group PS4 formed.

Cappa

Banned
The players that I usually play well with and win games are nd, Owzers and vault. I only have played a couple of times with scrub but they were definitely positive experiences as well.

I don't know why I don't have more success with the rest of you guys though maybe I'm the weak link :(

LiK

Anyone able to run Dva? One of pharmercy's best counters.

Yea, we have some decent D.Vas. But even then, sometimes not even that can stop good Pharahs from picking me off from a distance. Probably have better luck when Komaru is playing Pharah and he tends to win 1v1 duels against other Pharahs.

The players that I usually play well with and win games are nd, Owzers and vault. I only have played a couple of times with scrub but they were definitely positive experiences as well.

I don't know why I don't have more success with the rest of you guys though maybe I'm the weak link :(

People were still finding their place when you were with us. We're pretty set now so you should be able to climb with us now. We've had a few other people join occasionally and still did well.

Zen Aku

Anyone feel bad about leaving friends behind when you climb in ranks?

I have two friends I met in S3 when I was Diamond and they were flirting between Platinum/Diamond. Now somehow they're back down in the Gold ELO hell. I can't play with them anymore and it's sad. They're not bad players either, willing to learn and all. It's just when you're stuck in that ELO, everyone want to play bad characters with no cohesion. Everyone treat comp like it's QP.

I'm near 2900 again now. The group seems to be doing much better this season. Last season I'd rank up solo or duo and then rank down when we grouped up, but still preferred to group up. This season I really can't see any reason to ever solo queue, and even duo is a crap shoot.

My "dont want to talk about it" is the weekend where I solo queued and insta locked Lucio, it was a horrendous experience. I actually think I was posting as it happened. Solo queue can bite me.

If we keep grouping up and playing smart I'm sure we'll all climb.

LiK

I'm near 2900 again now. The group seems to be doing much better this season. Last season I'd rank up solo or duo and then rank down when we grouped up, but still preferred to group up. This season I really can't see any reason to ever solo queue, and even duo is a crap shoot.

My "dont want to talk about it" is the weekend where I solo queued and insta locked Lucio, it was a horrendous experience. I actually think I was posting as it happened. Solo queue can bite me.

If we keep grouping up and playing smart I'm sure we'll all climb.

Solo Q is dreadful this season. I feel like people are even worse than previous seasons. Stacks are def better especially since our current groups have people who know who they play well and don't instantly tilt at each other. I'm done with solo Q in Comp. Even duo Q has been somewhat of a gamble compared to what we played in the past.

So I've now dropped over 600 SR this season. I stopped caring about it a couple weeks ago but now I'm genuinely curious just how low it will drop if I keep playing. Like how is this even possible? I'm not throwing games, I pick meta characters and play well. Is this how it's always been? I didn't really participate in seasons 1-3.

komaruR

Yes please. You can duel and I'll flank her for ya. Haven't seen you on tho. Still traveling?

I'm back, just been playing ME:A this past weekend. Really like the combat. not its officially a good TPS :p. Cover system still suck tho. Wish there's a manual press button to cover.

I'll try play some ow tonight. If group is full, I'll practice my aim in uprising for a bit.

LiK

I'm back, just been playing ME:A this past weekend. Really like the combat. not its officially a good TPS :p. Cover system still suck tho. Wish there's a manual press button to cover.

I'll try play some ow tonight. If group is full, I'll practice my aim in uprising for a bit.

If group is full, we can practice in QP as well. I'm getting good with McCree. you would be proud.

Vintage

Game doesn't recognize g-sync if I launch it i windowed fullscreen. If I switch to fullscreen and then back, everything works fine, but I have to do it every time I launch the game.

Any way to fix it?

Ramirez

My Orisa is #85 in comp on Overbuff. A small victory in this terrible season Im having.

I feel like she's so close to being a completely viable pick. Either more health, a quicker cool down on the shield, or a slight increase on bullet travel speed. I blocked 41k damage with her last game, lol.

komaruR

Game doesn't recognize g-sync if I launch it i windowed fullscreen. If I switch to fullscreen and then back, everything works fine, but I have to do it every time I launch the game.

Any way to fix it?

did you turn off vsync? the game and the nvidia control panel too?
then i think theres option for choosing gsync, ulmb or something like that. not on my computer to check.

O and some1 asked how to tell if the player is using kb&m adapter on console. From my own aiming perspective, on analog, I tried to fine tune or let aim assist autolock to target with strafing movement. I strafe to fine tune because my sensitivity is really high, so its much harder to fine tune with just the right stick. I also press my primary fire instinctly as soon I think my crosshair hover over to their body/head. So in killcam you may see it as my crosshair swiping left and right and after I shoot (as mccree or pharah) my cross hair will still be moving toward the direction im pressing toward too.
I'll assume people with low sensitivity should have no problem fine tuning with just the right stick.
To the points above, strafing is limited to horizontal movement, so usually I'll be suspicious with players that can fine tune aiming with vertical movement with high sensitivity. ie, High sensitivity and the ability to stop your crosshairs at pin point accuracy while moving vertically = suspicious.

There's those few games me and gaf was playing comp last time that there was this 1 pharah that I think was the first time I lost too in 1v1 (well she was pocketed with mercy) but yea lost due to her good aim. I rewatched my vod and the killcam, I notice his/her aim was very suspicious to being a kb&m user. I checked the player profile, he/she was a once 37xx but fallen to diamond. He/she played mccree and pharah only for the games we had. Then theres another dude that was usually soldier most of the time but occasionally genji. I only get to watch the potg from the soldier, as I didn't get kill by him at all to check if that soldier player was suspicious to kb&m adapter or not too. The game sr avg was around 2600-2800. We first fought them when they were around 2600 then two more times with 1 or 2 person changed from their 6 stack.

I hate bliz comp MM for stacks at night. Seems like we play with same stacks during late night hours.
Basically taking SR back and forth.

Hijacking this to ask: how those of you on PS4 use Discord? Do you have like a separate pc running for that? Do you have team comms on headphones and other sound from a different source? I'm a bit confused as I only have my PS4 hooked up where I am playing.

Edit. Oh, Android app. Feeling dumb / old

We use PS messenger.

There is also a discord. Only Komaru and I really talk in there with PC GAF.

There's an element of on/off to it.

The past 2 times that I've been, they've been off nights. I'm down about 200 SR, in the mid-2600s right now. Lowest I've ever been. But I agree with others that playing in a group is way better than not... it's just more fun.

Stuck around after the last one and duo'ed with Biscuit and broke the losing streak. Small group is still the best way to rank up, I think.

Top Bottom