• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

antitrop

Zen spread removal buff
JkC2KH6.jpg

oHf4JJF.gif

So I spent most of April playing Persona 5, but now that I'm done with it, I'm catching up with the Uprising event to try and get more loot boxes before it ends.

I've already gotten all the "free" ones through the Arcade, but I also wanna try the main event itself on the harder difficulties. Matchmaking for Expert and Legendary isn't pairing me up with anyone at all. Is anyone here on PS4 still interested in going through those nightmares to party up with me?

ricelord

god lord, it not a good idea to play comp on the weekend, went 2-2 but in two of the games that we lost because we had toxic players bitching and in one of the games this one chick was bitching the whole time about the team. in another game that we did won, the other team had two people that was throwing and they even message me for some reason they saying they are throwing.

Well I just saw the weirdest thing ever. Had the payload pushed to less than 1 meter of the point and we all died, and somehow after we all died the payload just pushed over to the next section by itself.

antitrop

But the spread removal was on his left click or whatever, not what's being shown on this gif :thinking: . Its pretty dope tho, you can pixel peek a lane and maybe one shot someone across the map lmao.

Those are left-clicks, with the buff being for both primary and alternate fire.

I have Discord on right-click, so I just held down left and then tapped right whenever the Discorded target died.

Those are left-clicks, with the buff being for both primary and alternate fire.

I have Discord on right-click, so I just held down left and then tapped right whenever the Discorded target died.

I don't play on PC so i guessed, right clicks (alternate fire) then. If the buff was for both, it was way more noticeable of a buff for the right clicks from what i have seen. Still, a buffed zen is a happy zen.

antitrop

I don't play on PC so i guessed, right clicks (alternate fire) then. If the buff was for both, it was way more noticeable of a buff for the right clicks from what i have seen. Still, a buffed zen is a happy zen.

Yeah, sorry. Default on PC is primary on left and alternate on right. Discord is default E, but I like it on the mouse better.

Having Discord on E means you can't strafe right while placing the orb, if you're using WASD. And since Harmony and Discord have no cooldown and can be used in between primary fire shots almost for free, I'm spamming them constantly.

DNAbro

I'm so glad I have friends who play and actively enjoy Heroes of the Storm. Made getting the Genji skin super enjoyable and I have a group for the D.Va skin as well.

Owzers

Two times now I've been pretty bad as Lucio, if it's not a Boop map I think it's time to avoid him, I get aggressive then die too early.

Iffy games tonight have me questioning things, if my idea for us to do better was to switch to junkrat sooner...maybe it's Zelda time. In my defense they were defending at the last point at el dorado at the point 2 choke so throwing tons of damage in that confined area seems like a good idea.

But still!

Sande

#deletehanzo
I think scatter shot should have more arrows that do less damage. That would make the damage more consistent which is a win win: not as many unlucky shots for Hanzo where they all somehow miss and not as many bullshit deaths for his opponents when they get grazed by one or two arrows.

Alternatively the arrows could bounce at most 2 times. I've been killed by one after the 4th or 5th bounce, which does wonders for your salt levels.

Apathy

VieTlBu.gif

#deletehanzo

Want to get really angry? youtube up ridiculous scatter arrows and be amazed at such a bullshit ability. The game is really good about RNG being at a minimum except for scatter. arrow. They need to redo that ability and give him something else. Give him some bolas to slow or stop people for a while or some sort of anchor arrow that makes it so people can't move out of it's range while it's stuck or them, or poison arrows that stack and the more of them you land on a target the dot stacks up (like give it 3 or 4 charges) then he can still deal with tanks.

Hey guys, do you think we'll have an opportunity to earn chests ON May 1? Like, after the loot box timer resets? Or should we expect the event to end before then?

Just need to know if I need to buy a skin with my gold now or if I can wait to look at 3-4 more box drops from the Arcade first.

Lmao that's hilarious.

In fairness, if I had 8hp and was engaged in battle I'd expect to die by someone just glancing at me at some point. It was bound to happen.
oh for sure, it was qp so I was just fucking around but I was standing there for like 30 seconds and nobody noticed me lol

I wouldn't have been mad if I died, I was expecting it any second, I just wasn't expecting that
nah you see this ability is actually really skill based and requires really good aim and timing
lol preach

Want to get really angry? youtube up ridiculous scatter arrows and be amazed at such a bullshit ability. The game is really good about RNG being at a minimum except for scatter. arrow. They need to redo that ability and give him something else. Give him some bolas to slow or stop people for a while or some sort of anchor arrow that makes it so people can't move out of it's range while it's stuck or them, or poison arrows that stack and the more of them you land on a target the dot stacks up (like give it 3 or 4 charges) then he can still deal with tanks.
Yeah, I don't think Hanzo is OP or anything or that he doesn't require any skill, it's just that scatter arrow is the most bullshit ability in the game because of the random nature of it. It can even 1 shot 200 health heroes if they're closer/inside. I'd take pre-nerf hook over scatter arrow any day of the week, because at least you have to aim a little bit and follow up with the hook.

MG310

2300 down to 2250 up to 2400 now down to 2208 today.

Dudes on mic arriving pre-tilted. They just come in and immediately start talking shit about the team as it is picked in real time.

Well, Im finally getting around to doing placements for season 4 lol I was forced into comp because of shitty qp but im sure it'll just be one of those nights.

Lmao that's hilarious.

In fairness, if I had 8hp and was engaged in battle I'd expect to die by someone just glancing at me at some point. It was bound to happen.
8 hp with a character that flies while standing still complaining about how OP Hanzo is.... as a Pharah main I gotta laugh.

I mean there's 200 HP in a health pack sitting almost directly underneath you a floor and you're just standing there firing rockets.

8 hp with a character that flies while standing still complaining about how OP Hanzo is.... as a Pharah main I gotta laugh.

I already said Hanzo wasn't OP, I already said I was just fucking around and seeing how long I could fire from up there without them noticing me (and the two nearest health packs were on cooldown, including the hotel one that I looked for before that you mentioned in your edit), all I was pointing out is that scatter arrow is a bullshit ability. I mean I could pull out all the bullshit no aim 1 hit kills on full health heroes too, those certainly aren't a rarity. And yeah in terms of the meta Pharah is well above Hanzo, especially on console, I never implied otherwise.

the delete hanzo thing was a joke, but ideally they should rework/replace scattershot yeah

meanwhile on the other end
43cad24eef7031015eb8691edc9d6b10.gif

simple geometry ;P

go play hanzo on qp and have fun :p

the reason you keep 90 sens. is because who needs to aim when you've got scattershot ;)

no but seriously i tried upping my aim even just to 40/30 with 80 smoothing and couldn't do it on most characters, had much more success with zarya tonight after i reverted to 30/15 and 100 smoothing

ZPs

So as someone who lurks (and very occasionally posts) on GAF. I figured I'd copy paste my spiel for World Cup voting in the USA.

Vote Link is here: https://worldcup.playoverwatch.com/en-us/#voting

Hey guys, It's ZP here to talk to you about the Overwatch World Cup 2017! First off, thank you to everyone for the support over the last year and a half - it's truly humbling, and frankly I wouldn't be on the ballot talking to you here today without that support.

Now, why should you consider voting for me as a member of the 2017 USA Committee? My goals for the 2017 Committee are simple and effective - to forge the best possible team by utilizing a comprehensive tryout process. Rather than simply picking players because they're most popular or the most individually skilled, I will push for a player selection process that invites top players to tryout for the team - similar to how traditional sports make their teams for the olympics. Whether it be players famous for playing at a high level in tournament play, or untapped talent currently at the top of the ladder, no stone will be left unturned in attempting to build the strongest USA team.
Now why go about this process? Well, If there was a weakness in the 2016 team, it was that players were thrown together without ensuring that there was both solid team chemistry and an ability to stick to a consistent practice schedule. By going with a more thorough tryout process, I believe we can build a USA team that not only won't have the flaws of the 2016 team, but a team with a true chance at contending for Gold this November. I will not only use all the knowledge that I've obtained by watching Overwatch since the beginning, but also be consulting other experts and coaches in the team building process. This form of collaboration will be essential in making sure the best possible team is created going into the Overwatch World Cup this summer.

Lastly, because we're in this together as a country. An important part of the Team USA experience for me will be keeping all of you updated as to what is going on with Team USA. Should I be voted in, I will be producing weekly updates on the status of the team, and making the tryout process entirely transparent. I feel that it's of the utmost importance to keep the voters informed of how Team USA is eventually forged. Moreover, by keeping you involved I believe that it'll deepen the connection the fans have with the team by seeing it take form at every step of the process. In the end, my goal is to use every tool at my disposal to make not only a competitive team that can compete with powerhouses like Korea and France, but also a team that the voters have a real connection to when those matches take place.

That about wraps things up - Thank you for listening this far, and no matter how you vote here's hoping to USA taking the Gold in 2017!

Cappa

Banned
Two times now I've been pretty bad as Lucio, if it's not a Boop map I think it's time to avoid him, I get aggressive then die too early.

Iffy games tonight have me questioning things, if my idea for us to do better was to switch to junkrat sooner...maybe it's Zelda time. In my defense they were defending at the last point at el dorado at the point 2 choke so throwing tons of damage in that confined area seems like a good idea.

But still!
I don't know about the other games but the game batman joined us and you went mercy was a terrible idea lol. I know you get bored of always rein but you're a better tank than support lol I'd rather you play dva Winston etc a million times over than anyone else because you're a really good tank player

And the opposite of Pinku i think hes a great support player. That's why I told him to go Zen instead of batman.

I mean you me and Pinku are like what 8-1 playing just the 3 of us in a stack? It works!

Let's leave the experimenting to qp and competitive let's stick to our guns. Even though I don't like dps I can always fill that role with soldier and do a pretty good job so not to worried about not having good dps on the team

Dekutulla

feels good to win a comp game despite someone literally going 'let's lose' at the beginning of the second round

guess they didn't really want to lose sr either

Guys, so I'm having a really weird Competitive season. Last season, I got rated at 1700 and then dropped to 700 but clawed back to 900-something by season end. This time around, in the placements I thought I was playing better than last season, but I still got placed at 995.
Now, after 4 games, I'm already at 1160. And one of those was a loss. So, last season I used to get only around 20-30 SR for winning and used to lose about the same when I lost. Right now, I'm gaining 40-50 on winning and only losing around 10-11. Is this normal?

komaruR

Guys, so I'm having a really weird Competitive season. Last season, I got rated at 1700 and then dropped to 700 but clawed back to 900-something by season end. This time around, in the placements I thought I was playing better than last season, but I still got placed at 995.
Now, after 4 games, I'm already at 1160. And one of those was a loss. So, last season I used to get only around 20-30 SR for winning and used to lose about the same when I lost. Right now, I'm gaining 40-50 on winning and only losing around 10-11. Is this normal?

the game thinks you dont belong there. ride that bonus sr outta there!

Top Bottom