• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

So if I want to buy any of the Uprising costumes I should probably do it tonight, right?

yeah, although keep in mind the timer is almost always wrong and last event i'm pretty sure you could get the 3 arcade boxes before it ended

but yeah just doing it tonight to be safe would be the best option

Finaj

Can anyone help me?

I'm looking for an analysis video about Overwatch/TF2 comparing/contrasting their open and closed nature regarding development/community.

NeoRaider

So at the end i had to buy McCree and Tracer skins. Only missing Orisa but who cares.
Also bought few sprays/vl/victory poses that i really liked and that's about it. Got everything that i wanted.

This may sound really weird but I enjoy the game a lot more and have a better relationship with it now that I've unlocked everything in the event and don't have to stress about it anymore.

Now it's just fun! I still refuse to play competitive mode so my dream of having a golden weapon may never come true.

Yager

Banned
GGs _Legacy_!

Too bad we lost that two last games, but we got a nice winning streak there. I played mostly like shit today, but your Rein game is really good man, you deserve more than plat for sure.

BTW, I don't know if you noticed, but in the Gibraltar game one of my friends was staying in the respawn point in the last minutes of defense when the other guys were a couple of meters away from getting the third point. Dude didn't know what to pick and he just stood there. I was telling him to get his ass out there...but I didn't realize I had my mic muted T_T

antitrop

Can anyone help me?

I'm looking for an analysis video about Overwatch/TF2 comparing/contrasting their open and closed nature regarding development/community.
I don't know any videos, but it is an interesting topic, considering how different Valve and Blizzard are. Valve sucks at communication, but TF2 was very open and thrived on community-created content, while Blizzard is great at communication, but only meets the community halfway when it comes to custom content.

Can anyone help me?

A specific one? Idk, I like Overwatch much better but TF2 definitely has a more open nature due to the custom servers and whatnot.

_Legacy_

GGs _Legacy_!

Too bad we lost that two last games, but we got a nice winning streak there. I played mostly like shit today, but your Rein game is really good man, you deserve more than plat for sure.

BTW, I don't know if you noticed, but in the Gibraltar game one of my friends was staying in the respawn point in the last minutes of defense when the other guys were a couple of meters away from getting the third point. Dude didn't know what to pick and he just stood there. I was telling him to get his ass out there...but I didn't realize I had my mic muted T_T

Yeah dude, nice win streak we got there! Ha, thanks. You did good man, filled in roles quite well.

Ah that makes sense, I was wondering how we got overwhelmed at the last point. Looking forward for another winning streak tomorrow!

Finaj

A specific one? Idk, I like Overwatch much better but TF2 definitely has a more open nature due to the custom servers and whatnot.

Yes, it is a specific analysis video that I need for a class. I can't remember the name of it or the channel it came from, though.

Blues1990

All I need is Blackwatch McCree, Talon Widowmaker, and Null Sector OR14 Orisa. Otherwise, I'm pretty much set from this event, especially after getting Mei's new spray and the Overwatch skins for Tracer, Reinhardt, Mercy, and Torbjorn.

mei_ow_summer_games.jpg

All I need is Blackwatch McCree, Talon Widowmaker, and Null Sector OR14 Orisa. Otherwise, I'm pretty much set from this event, especially after getting Mei's new spray and the Overwatch skins for Tracer, Reinhardt, Mercy, and Torbjorn.

mei_ow_summer_games.jpg
I knew a lot of people who got really upset about this spray. I really like it myself.

They really need to add an actual Solo Queue. I enjoy solo queue way more than solo queue except you have a group of 4 who have all climbed the ladder as a group cheesing wins against teams who can't work together on your team.

Owzers

Boo!

The last two times I played I've had awful, weird lag. I can't imagine it's a connection thing because the play sessions were more than 48 hours apart.

It's making it easy to stay away at least.

Can't resist....

You won't have to worry about more Jazz games keeping you away.

(Jazz look fine)

_Legacy_

Having a lot of fun with Winston lately. He's really awesome at fucking up squishies.

He's godly against squishies, I've been using him in QP with the aim of taking him into comp. The amount of times I've seen a wall riding Lucio stall a KOTH point, I'll be glad to instantly put an end to that.

rfld3m8.jpg

Time for another one #PS4WatchGAF!

I am planning on 5/6 @ 7pm Eastern like the last one. Hope to see everyone there for some more awesome fun.

Jblanks

Finally did my placements after taking another few months break, ranked around 3250, and my brother got me up to master. Now I'm going to let it derank to 3000 so I can play with my brother on his other account (2 brothers share the same account; 1 is like platinum tier and the other is master).

So just been playing QP, and somehow it got worse than the last time I've played - end of January. Before it was around 1/3 games we would actually got an ok comp, but now it's about 1/6 games. 1/2 the time the other team looks like this:

Fuck yourselves with this 6stack QP tryhard shit

CF0KuP5.png

I don't mind going up against a duo or even a triple, but don't put me up against a full team of masters/grand/top 500's, when my team only has a duo/triple. Like there's no way were going to win, especially when my team picks no healers or tanks. I don't mind people trying out different heroes in QP, but most of the time it's instalocked Genji/Tracer/Widow and they're not new heroes to those players. I will usually pick a tank/healer if that happens, and give it 1 life to see how we're doing/give them a chance to pick a tank, if not I'll just switch to what I want to play.

Not sure how they can change the system in QP ("it's just QP mentality, means no changing will probably ever happen) but removing putting solo players against 5/6 stacks is a start.

antitrop

Why not just leave? There's no penalty.

Because you just requeue back into the same game.

I don't mind going up against a duo or even a triple, but don't put me up against a full team of masters/grand/top 500's, when my team only has a duo/triple. Like there's no way were going to win, especially when my team picks no healers or tanks. I don't mind people trying out different heroes in QP, but most of the time it's instalocked Genji/Tracer/Widow and they're not new heroes to those players. I will usually pick a tank/healer if that happens, and give it 1 life to see how we're doing/give them a chance to pick a tank, if not I'll just switch to what I want to play.

Not sure how they can change the system in QP ("it's just QP mentality, means no changing will probably ever happen) but removing putting solo players against 5/6 stacks is a start.

It's not even the SR difference, our team was mostly Master/GM, too, it's just that when a bunch of randoms see a 6stack playing a meta comp, they just give up and it turns into a meme game. If I want meme games, I'll look at the custom game browser. I usually do get fun games in QP.

Top Bottom