• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

exYle

So as someone who lurks (and very occasionally posts) on GAF. I figured I'd copy paste my spiel for World Cup voting in the USA.

OH SHIT DUDE

I thought the competitive OW community generally ignored GAF, crazy to see someone prominent here

Love your casting my man

ISOM

So as someone who lurks (and very occasionally posts) on GAF. I figured I'd copy paste my spiel for World Cup voting in the USA.

Vote Link is here: https://worldcup.playoverwatch.com/en-us/#voting

Hey guys, It's ZP here to talk to you about the Overwatch World Cup 2017! First off, thank you to everyone for the support over the last year and a half - it's truly humbling, and frankly I wouldn't be on the ballot talking to you here today without that support.

Now, why should you consider voting for me as a member of the 2017 USA Committee? My goals for the 2017 Committee are simple and effective - to forge the best possible team by utilizing a comprehensive tryout process. Rather than simply picking players because they're most popular or the most individually skilled, I will push for a player selection process that invites top players to tryout for the team - similar to how traditional sports make their teams for the olympics. Whether it be players famous for playing at a high level in tournament play, or untapped talent currently at the top of the ladder, no stone will be left unturned in attempting to build the strongest USA team.
Now why go about this process? Well, If there was a weakness in the 2016 team, it was that players were thrown together without ensuring that there was both solid team chemistry and an ability to stick to a consistent practice schedule. By going with a more thorough tryout process, I believe we can build a USA team that not only won't have the flaws of the 2016 team, but a team with a true chance at contending for Gold this November. I will not only use all the knowledge that I've obtained by watching Overwatch since the beginning, but also be consulting other experts and coaches in the team building process. This form of collaboration will be essential in making sure the best possible team is created going into the Overwatch World Cup this summer.

Lastly, because we're in this together as a country. An important part of the Team USA experience for me will be keeping all of you updated as to what is going on with Team USA. Should I be voted in, I will be producing weekly updates on the status of the team, and making the tryout process entirely transparent. I feel that it's of the utmost importance to keep the voters informed of how Team USA is eventually forged. Moreover, by keeping you involved I believe that it'll deepen the connection the fans have with the team by seeing it take form at every step of the process. In the end, my goal is to use every tool at my disposal to make not only a competitive team that can compete with powerhouses like Korea and France, but also a team that the voters have a real connection to when those matches take place.

That about wraps things up - Thank you for listening this far, and no matter how you vote here's hoping to USA taking the Gold in 2017!

Oh shit dude, I just voted for you. I voted for Captain Planet as well for those strats. Good luck in taking gold.

https://gfycat.com/HarshJaggedBlacknorwegianelkhound

probably my best sleep
BSuVrij.png

zQiYmPa.png

lol

_Legacy_

I've got a HOTS question, does the D.Va skin unlock even if you miss week 1? I doubt I can play 5 games today and was wondering if I could just play 10 next week and still have the same progress?

LiK

I've got a HOTS question, does the D.Va skin unlock even if you miss week 1? I doubt I can play 5 games today and was wondering if I could just play 10 next week and still have the same progress?

Just need to do the required games before deadline. You don't need to do them that week.

Skii

Yes that's how it works. They are just locking content behind certain weeks but you could complete 20 games in week 4 to get all the rewards if you wanted.

I don't know about the other games but the game batman joined us and you went mercy was a terrible idea lol. I know you get bored of always rein but you're a better tank than support lol I'd rather you play dva Winston etc a million times over than anyone else because you're a really good tank player

And the opposite of Pinku i think hes a great support player. That's why I told him to go Zen instead of batman.

I mean you me and Pinku are like what 8-1 playing just the 3 of us in a stack? It works!

Let's leave the experimenting to qp and competitive let's stick to our guns. Even though I don't like dps I can always fill that role with soldier and do a pretty good job so not to worried about not having good dps on the team

End of season is approaching.

After I got to Diamond I have just been more experimental. Playing QP with a character you're trying to learn past just the basics and possible aiming is done better in comp.

Time to expand the hero pool before Season 5 starts.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Doesn't "week 2" start on tuesday? Could be wrong though.

Oh, so you could still unlock the Genji skin, say thursday, if you're out of time lately for doing 5 games?

Swear this Symmetra glitch is making me want to take a break from the game till its patched. Seeing so many scrubs both abusing it or trying to abuse it and failing tonight.

Anytime I see a Symmetra on Offense I automatically make sure to give her no breathing room to place it near the point/payload.

Kiro

Swear this Symmetra glitch is making me want to take a break from the game till its patched. Seeing so many scrubs both abusing it or trying to abuse it and failing tonight.

Anytime I see a Symmetra on Offense I automatically make sure to give her no breathing room to place it near the point/payload.

Glitch?

You can place a teleporter thats unkillable. So it will always use all 6 charges, people are playing her on Offense now and placing them right by the points making it damn near impossible to hold unless you are steamrolling.

The upside is if you screw up you end up with a Shield Gen instead, which is hilarious to see when they are on the Defense side

IHaveIce

Banned

Vote Link is here: https://worldcup.playoverwatch.com/en-us/#voting

Hey guys, It's ZP here to talk to you about the Overwatch World Cup 2017! First off, thank you to everyone for the support over the last year and a half - it's truly humbling, and frankly I wouldn't be on the ballot talking to you here today without that support.

Now, why should you consider voting for me as a member of the 2017 USA Committee? My goals for the 2017 Committee are simple and effective - to forge the best possible team by utilizing a comprehensive tryout process. Rather than simply picking players because they're most popular or the most individually skilled, I will push for a player selection process that invites top players to tryout for the team - similar to how traditional sports make their teams for the olympics. Whether it be players famous for playing at a high level in tournament play, or untapped talent currently at the top of the ladder, no stone will be left unturned in attempting to build the strongest USA team.
Now why go about this process? Well, If there was a weakness in the 2016 team, it was that players were thrown together without ensuring that there was both solid team chemistry and an ability to stick to a consistent practice schedule. By going with a more thorough tryout process, I believe we can build a USA team that not only won't have the flaws of the 2016 team, but a team with a true chance at contending for Gold this November. I will not only use all the knowledge that I've obtained by watching Overwatch since the beginning, but also be consulting other experts and coaches in the team building process. This form of collaboration will be essential in making sure the best possible team is created going into the Overwatch World Cup this summer.

Lastly, because we're in this together as a country. An important part of the Team USA experience for me will be keeping all of you updated as to what is going on with Team USA. Should I be voted in, I will be producing weekly updates on the status of the team, and making the tryout process entirely transparent. I feel that it's of the utmost importance to keep the voters informed of how Team USA is eventually forged. Moreover, by keeping you involved I believe that it'll deepen the connection the fans have with the team by seeing it take form at every step of the process. In the end, my goal is to use every tool at my disposal to make not only a competitive team that can compete with powerhouses like Korea and France, but also a team that the voters have a real connection to when those matches take place.

That about wraps things up - Thank you for listening this far, and no matter how you vote here's hoping to USA taking the Gold in 2017!

But I'm not from the US :J

Really like competitive OW and am happy to see you here.

Owzers

I don't know about the other games but the game batman joined us and you went mercy was a terrible idea lol. I know you get bored of always rein but you're a better tank than support lol I'd rather you play dva Winston etc a million times over than anyone else because you're a really good tank player

And the opposite of Pinku i think hes a great support player. That's why I told him to go Zen instead of batman.

I mean you me and Pinku are like what 8-1 playing just the 3 of us in a stack? It works!

Let's leave the experimenting to qp and competitive let's stick to our guns. Even though I don't like dps I can always fill that role with soldier and do a pretty good job so not to worried about not having good dps on the team

You guys set me up on the Batman game, the random who doesn't play dps went soldier and Batman was super laggy, and we still almost won.

Mercy main dream will never die...

But yeah, if I'm support and Pinku isn't, we're probably losing that game.

hypernima

Banned
I think since my main account is too far low in gold I'm gonna stop trying hard on it and just use it for fun. For the life of me also, I can't ever find a Duo partner for the bulk of my playing time.

komaruR

After I got to Diamond I have just been more experimental. Playing QP with a character you're trying to learn past just the basics and possible aiming is done better in comp.

learning pharah in upgrising is not bad. i just tried pharah for the first time yesterday on uprising. theres enough enemy to train your tracking and you wanna learn to control the either air time or using concussion to propel you across the map quicker and doing the rocket enemy with simultanouesly boost up then 1or 2 more rocket while at air (this have to be done while you almost on top of them so that enemy like soldier cant hit well if you are directly above their head.).

LiK

You guys set me up on the Batman game, the random who doesn't play dps went soldier and Batman was super laggy, and we still almost won.

How many times did I mention not to experiment in Comp? Might as well just throw the game.

Doesn't your SR at end of season affect your placements in the next season? But since you wanna experiement in Comp, I'll be a Hanzo main from now on in our groups. Been doing too good with him in QP. >:)

Speaking of, where is Pinku? Haven't seen him on in a while but maybe I'm just on at the wrong times.

Top Bottom