• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch: Sombra and Arcade mode now live for all platforms

Pat

But that passive heal is still way too slow. If we compare heals per second this is what we get.

Ana: 75 (per shot)
Zen: 30 (per second)
Mercy: 60 (per second)
Lucio: 12.5 (per second) -> Amp it Up -> 36 health per second (lasting for just 3 seconds)

Now with the update:
Amp It Up
Healing-per-second has been decreased by 10%

I mean, it is true that Lucio is not particularly chosen for his healing abilities. He's mainly chosen because of his speed. However, he's still a support, he is also used for healing and the fact that he's been nerfed twice in a row is just a biiiiiiiiiiiiit ridiculous.

I'll still make him work, tho. You can't stop dis beat, bois.

Lucio heals up to 5 teammates (and himself)...

Mawnster

Lucio heals up to 5 teammates (and himself)...

That's irrelevant. An enemy Mercy can fully heal all of her teammates in under 5-6 seconds. For a Lucio, it's challenging to do that. He can try and do it with the Amp it Up, sure... But since the healing is passive and he barely has any control over it, his teammates will most likely die before he even gets to fully heal them all.

Which is why, again, he's NOT chosen for his heals. He's chosen because of his speed. Therefore the nerf is just unnecessary.

Let's not pretend he's an excellent healer, pls.

That's irrelevant. An enemy Mercy can fully heal all of her teammates in under 5-6 seconds.

No she can't.

At 60 hp a second.

If she had to heal

200 hp on two tanks
100 hp on two dps
100 hp on another support.

That's 700hp needed to be healed.

That's about 12 seconds worth already.

Lucio can do the same thing in 16 seconds. 10 seconds if he uses Amp it up. Plus, he can attack at the same time.

Mawnster

No she can't.

At 60 hp a second.

If she had to heal

200 hp on two tanks
100 hp on two dps
100 hp on another support.

That's 700hp needed to be healed.

That's about 12 seconds worth already.

Lucio can do the same thing in 16 seconds. 10 seconds if he uses Amp it up. Plus, he can attack at the same time.

Sigh. I knew someone had to take it literally. I was obviously using general terms and approximations. Thinking about real scenarios where a Mercy just has to heal half the health of a teammate, which is usually 50-100. Not to mention you're assuming every game has two tanks, two dps and and another support, which couldn't be less realistic. If I got a euro every time I got in a game with 3-4 dps, I'd be a millionaire. Also, how can a Lucio heal 700hp in 16 seconds if he heals 12.5 per second?! It would take him a minute (aprox) without Amp It Up.

Which is why I never dared to give exact numbers like you did. Simply because you can't. And in general terms, Lucio is the slowest healer.

Doesn't mean he's garbage. At all.

Edit: Read your numbers wrong. Nvm that. Added some other stuff not to make a second post.

Sigh. I knew someone had to take it literally. I was obviously using general terms and approximations. Thinking about real scenarios where a Mercy just has to heal half the health of a teammate, which is usually 50-100. Not to mention you're assuming every game has two tanks, two dps and and another support, which couldn't be less realistic. If I got a euro every time I got in a game with 3-4 dps, I'd be a millionaire. Also, how can a Lucio heal 700hp in 16 seconds if he heals 12.5 per second?! It would take him a minute (aprox) without Amp It Up.

Which is why I never dared to give exact numbers like you did. Simply because you can't. And in general terms, Lucio is the slowest healer.

Doesn't mean he's garbage. At all.

Edit: Read your numbers wrong. Nvm that. Added some other stuff not to make a second post.

Of course I took it literally, we're talking about balancing health per second and percentage based changes.

You can't make a claim that Mercy can fully heal a team in 5-6 seconds when we're talking about balance changes comparing the support classes.

Mawnster

Of course I took it literally, we're talking about balancing health per second and percentage based changes.

You can't make a claim that Mercy can fully heal a team in 5-6 seconds when we're talking about balance changes comparing the support classes.

But there's no way to know exact data about things like that because every match is different and the damage received by teammates is different every time. It all depends on the map, the heroes selected, the skill of the players... everything! Of course you're not supposed to take it literally. It's called an approximation. Even the amount of seconds you gave wasn't too far from what I said. What does it matter if it's 6 seconds or 12 seconds? It still takes Lucio a FULL minute (or 58 seconds, if you prefer) to heal 700hp, which is the REAL difference here.

trugs26

That's irrelevant. An enemy Mercy can fully heal all of her teammates in under 5-6 seconds. For a Lucio, it's challenging to do that. He can try and do it with the Amp it Up, sure... But since the healing is passive and he barely has any control over it, his teammates will most likely die before he even gets to fully heal them all.

Which is why, again, he's NOT chosen for his heals. He's chosen because of his speed. Therefore the nerf is just unnecessary.

Why does it matter then? Why not just remove the healing altogether?

Tovarisc

I dont like lucio anymore, cant heal tanks for shit.

tbh it never was meant to be his role / to be effective in. From get go he was supposed to be that ok-ish AoE healer with low, but frequent HPS ticks. Healers like Mercy and Ana are supposed to be ones doing heavy and fast single target healing.

BigDug13

The nerf was to curtail his OWN survival capabilities, not because he was too effective of a group healer. They're nerfing his ability to survive.

Those whining that now he sucks at healing. He lost 12 total hitpoints of healing every 15 seconds. It's unnoticeable. You're noticing your shit healing especially if you've been away for awhile because of how many tanks are in the meta right now. Plus DVA got a 100 hp buff which further taxes healers to keep her healed.

Mawnster

The nerf was to curtail his OWN survival capabilities, not because he was too effective of a group healer. They're nerfing his ability to survive.

Those whining that now he sucks at healing. He lost 12 total hitpoints of healing every 15 seconds. It's unnoticeable. You're noticing your shit healing especially if you've been away for awhile because of how many tanks are in the meta right now. Plus DVA got a 100 hp buff which further taxes healers to keep her healed.

Wut. The nerf was done to his Amp it Up ability, which affects the healing done to himself and his teammates.

I don't think he sucks as a healer. I just think the nerf was kinda pointless. They wanted people to choose other heroes over him in comp but they nerfed the wrong ability people pick him for. If they wanted people to stop using him, they should've nerfed his speed, lol.

/shrug.

Maximo

I dont like lucio anymore, cant heal tanks for shit.

And? Good he shouldn't have in the first place I like Having/Playing Lucio along with another healer Mercy/Anna for more quick direct heals, hes a support healer that aids the team in utility rather then the jack of all trades. He is picked 100% in high competitive and championships hes that good, the nerfs just bring him more in line with the other supports and now allows others to become more viable. Coming from a main support with 4 of my top most played heroes are supports.

BigDug13

Wut. The nerf was done to his Amp it Up ability, which affects the healing done to himself and his teammates.

I don't think he sucks as a healer. I just think the nerf was kinda pointless. They wanted people to choose other heroes over him in comp but they nerfed the wrong ability people pick him for. If they wanted people to stop using him, they should've nerfed his speed, lol.

/shrug.

They weren't nerfing his ability on a team to make him get picked less often or else they would have nerfed something substantial. The only time a Lucio might notice 12 hitpoints less of healing during amp it up is if he himself needed that 12 hitpoints to survive. In the end I agree that it's a completely inconsequential and therefore headscratching nerf.

Top Bottom