• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch: Sombra and Arcade mode now live for all platforms

Gxgear

Coming back from a 3-month hiatus, this patch has me optimistic for the game. Blizzard's at their best when their games are about saying 'yes' to the players. The new ways to earn loot boxes additional modes seems to lean towards that, but the balance around competitive is heading in the opposite direction.

Took a hiatus from OW when Titanfall 2 came out. Decided to give OW another go after the update, and everyone is stacking Sombra in the one mode I'm interested in. Goes back to Titanfall.

I already hate Sombra's hack ability. Also, how long do hacked health kits stay hacked?

I don't remember how long it stays hacked, but I think you can counter hack it back to normal. I hacked an already hacked health pack and it looked like the enemy hack icon went away. Maybe I did it just add the hack was ending? Can someone test and confirm?

ChrisP63

This update didn't pull me back in unfortunately. The new map and modes are cool, but Sombra is a little underwhelming. Getting hacked makes the game pretty frustrating.

squall23

I don't remember how long it stays hacked, but I think you can counter hack it back to normal. I hacked an already hacked health pack and it looked like the enemy hack icon went away. Maybe I did it just add the hack was ending? Can someone test and confirm?
No, you can't counter hack a health kit.

Kremzeek

Ok I just tried to do 3 matches of the 3vs3, and each time we started winning the other team quit, so the game cancelled.

I hope Blizzard increases penalties for quitters, because it's just ridiculous now.

OVDRobo

Interesting update for sure. A lot of content compared to usual, though the fact that it took several months is a little disappointing for me and what I get out of it personally.

1v1 can be really tense or incredibly stupid based on the hero you end up with. Characters like Symmetra and Torbjorn should be removed from the rotation because it's just a dumb game of 'who gets bored enough to run into the other's turrets'.

3v3 is an interesting mode, but at the moment Roadhog completely destroys the balance of it. A good team staying together might be able to take him down, but if they don't have a healer they've almost automatically lost at that point.

Sombra has an interesting toolset, but I don't like her personally. Ignoring the fact that they teased a relatively ordinary type of character for at a few months, she just doesn't suit my style of play nor do I particularly like her as a character. I can imagine getting really frustrated at playing against good ones, though that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Ultimately, the new ways to earn loot boxes and the changes to both quick play and the ultimate charge rate which was one of my main pet peeves with the game will keep me playing intermittently, but it's not brought me back to the game as much as I hoped it would.

Hopefully now that Blizzard have revamped some of their systems and got their core modes down, they can focus on pumping out interesting content on a more regular basis because I don't see this game lasting outside of a dedicated PC base if there's another Sombra situation for the next character.

dralla

Pharah is so annoying now, on consoles anyway, And I say that as a Pharah player. Her speed and newly enhanced jump pack make her hard as hell to hit, plus the extra damage.

I hope they reduce the hacked health packs. 1 minute is way too long. 30 seconds would be good.

Loving the slower ultimate build up. And the single hero limit in QP has done wonders for team composition.

KHlover

Banned
Don't care about all that new jazz, D.Va buffs are the most important part of the update to me <3

Wonder if we're going to see more flaming in QP now if people can't pick their favorite anymore because someone else already picked it.

If Sombra has to waste her hack on a healthpack I really don't mind it being a minute long. Every time she hacks a healthpack that's a hack that could have been used on a player.

Don't care about all that new jazz, D.Va buffs are the most important part of the update to me <3

Wonder if we're going to see more flaming in QP now if people can't pick their favorite anymore because someone else already picked it.

I just instantly lock in whoever I want to play immediately and force my team to build around me. :^)

Chindogg

I mean, he does have HALF a point. I main all of the supports equally (except Symmetra because why would I), and like you said I still have fun with all of them. However, you cannot deny that Lucio's nerf is just utter bullshit. Specially since this is his second nerf in a row.

"Oh, let's reduce his healing per second, because he totally heals way too much. Not like he's one of the slowest healers or anything" lol.

It's not the end of the world, though. He was exaggerating, yeah.

He's the only character with a passive heal.

You don't even have to do anything other than stay alive and you keep your team alive.

KHlover

Banned
If Sombra has to waste her hack on a healthpack I really don't mind it being a minute long. Every time she hacks a healthpack that's a hack that could have been used on a player.

I just instantly lock in whoever I want to play immediately and force my team to build around me. :^)
On Attack that might be true, but on Defense she can just hack those Medpacks before the teamfight begins.

Zomba13

I think it sucks that regular quick play is exempt from winning loot. I don't want to play those other dumb modes in arcade.

I really think it should just be a universal weekly win thing. Comp, QP, Arcade. Anything with actual other people that isn't some kind of custom game or against AI.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

You don't even have to do anything other than stay alive and you keep your team alive.
10% isn't even that big of a nerf it's a nerf sure but pre patch his healing mixed with his ult and speed boost made him manditory. Blizzard doesn't want manditory heroes they want characters to be good for situations /counters

Edit pulling off up to 70% team healing in most games once you learned how to time it on a character that gets to attack and freely move around was straight up bs

ramyeon

But from what I've seen hacking health packs is way more decisive and useful than hacking individual players.

Zaventem

Wish theyd buff sym

Remove that lame turret cooldown

Excited for torb, but it feels like he'll still suck on console if turrets are easily destructible. Hoping I can swing fast enough to protect my turret

They need to remove the damage nerf from torb in matches with hero limitatation. He was never an overwhelming force on console by himself, it was in numbers.

ramyeon

Hacking a Reinhardt makes him useless.

Hacking a Bastion just induces rage for the Bastion player.
Sure, but you need to be in a position to hack them without being taken out first. Hacking all the health packs around an area can deny the whole area to the other team while making it ridiculously easy for yours to heal.

EMP blast seems like it would be more effective for taking out defensive stuff like Reinhardt and Bastion.

Flip4k

It's mind boggling that they decided to release Sombra a week before season 2 ended. Every game someone is trying to play her and doing terribly.

Zomba13

It's mind boggling that they decided to release Sombra a week before season 2 ended. Every game someone is trying to play her and doing terribly.

Yeah. It makes sense pushing her to everyone now as it is a week after the PTR stuff and that seems to be all the testing it takes for Blizz to say "changes are fine, everything is great", but to let her be picked in Competitive right at the end of the season makes no sense. Are they going by the logic that most people will have already obtained their Season High so are just saying "fuck it, they won't care"?.

nachum00

Lol just watched my friend play a match where the Lucio on his team just sat down on the payload the entire match.

Im a Lucio main but yeah he doesn't have to do jackshit. I definitely try though. Not to toot my own horn but I actually get Gold for eliminations with him quite often. And even with the nerf hes still a great character.

Top Bottom