• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch: Sombra and Arcade mode now live for all platforms

LordofPwn

So 1v1 confirmed a few things to me:
I suck as tracer, reaper, and Hanzo.
Widow on console still doesn't feel great.
I make dumb mistakes with Genji and Mei.
And I'm an aerial God as Pharah.
Also Symetra is not fun to play...
Also Sombra in 1v1 and 3v3 isn't fun to me.

In 3v3 I'm really good as Mei, Zarya, roadhog, and Pharah.
Need to get a regular group for 3s. It's a lot of fun even solo queue

Talonz

Mystery Hero's 365 days a year!! My dream has come true!!

Edit: Those Arcade modes aren't serious modes and I sure hope to god Blizz never balances around those modes. They are supposed to be random... literally and that's it.

I loooooove that Pharah buff!
Her rockets actually do comprehensible splash damage now. The jetpack boost is just the cherry on top.

Also did they buff Widowmaker? Or did I just get better with her?

Anyway, the new Arcade mode is awesome. Loot boxes up the whazoo. Got 4 loot boxes in less than an hour. And didn't even get a single Sombra unlockable. I think they upped the amount of duplicates and/or credits you get from loot boxes to compensate for their commonness.

But I'm okay with that. Now I don't have to level up like an idiot (or post money) to get the skin or PotG intro that I want.

mike4001_

According to the Patch Notes

[PS4] Added PlayStation 4 Pro support

Does anyone have any infos whats been enhanced / changed ?

Meia

Don't forget that you can't hack anything through a shield, be it that if Reinhardt, Winston or Zarya.
Not sure about D.Va's shield though.

Dva's alt fire isn't a shield, so you can hack her through it. It'll disable her alt fire, and her booster, leaving her vulnerable.

Also of note with Sombra is her Ult will knock out shields. Not just winston/zarya/rein ones if they're up, but shielded health too. This means any Zenyattas will go down to 100 max health, Zarya will be 200 max health, etc.

Sombra's only really problem is her toolkit isn't very clear sometimes what it does. Hacking eliminates abilities, but alt fires/passives stay in tact. There are a few instances where this isn't the case though, so you have to figure it out on a class by class basis.

Acidote

I played two 1vs1 games, had fun and won both! But I was very lucky with the classes, Tracer and Genji mirror matches.

nicanica

I'll never get this way of thinking. The people in quick play want to win too.
If the whole team decides to be silly and go all mercy it can a frustrating and literal waste of time of the people who just want to play normally. Competitive can be super stressful. If you really wanna goof around that much then make a private lobby.

It's very simple.
Get a mortgage and a stressful job.
Find very little time to learn and play video games let alone get better at them. Sometimes you just want to jump in and play something fun and dumb.

I go into quick match because competitive is where you go to get serious. I can find matches way faster and decrease instancing if I go into competitive, but I know my place and respect people who want to take the game seriously.

Illucio

Banned
With 1 character for quick matches its even more evident who's underpowered and who's overpowered.

Sombra needs her gun damage nerfed. The fact that her weapon can kill tracer faster then tracer via dps is proof enough.

Dva is very strong now, her buffs make her a little more threatening. But I feel like the hp buff alongside the movement speed increase might had been too much. She's not OP but highly above average.

Winston is still weak as ever. I love playing him, but his shield is far too weak, his weapon doesn't have enough range nor does it do enough damage one of the two needs to be updated, jumping seems pointless since of his huge size he's a bullet sponge that can easily be targeted and taken out. His on by benefit is timing his ultimate just right but even then people can easily take you out since his knock back keeps him from taking people out efficiently unless you get people next to a wall or off a cliff.

And we are still waiting on those Symmetra changes....

StayDead

With 1 character for quick matches its even more evident who's underpowered and who's overpowered.

Sombra needs her gun damage nerfed. The fact that her weapon can kill tracer faster then tracer via dps is proof enough.

Dva is very strong now, her buffs make her a little more threatening. But I feel like the hp buff alongside the movement speed increase might had been too much. She's not OP but highly above average.

Winston is still weak as ever. I love playing him, but his shield is far too weak, his weapon doesn't have enough range nor does it do enough damage one of the two needs to be updated, jumping seems pointless since of his huge size he's a bullet sponge that can easily be targeted and taken out. His on by benefit is timing his ultimate just right but even then people can easily take you out since his knock back keeps him from taking people out efficiently unless you get people next to a wall or off a cliff.

You clearly didn't watch the world cup. Winston is insane in the right hands.

Illucio

Banned
You are a terrible tracer if you are losing to sombra 1v1. Sombras gun does pitiful dmg.
I will have full health and put some damage on Sombra, she hacks me, we both release a full clip while I have 100% accuracy on her with full health as well. She still won via DPS.

Permanently A

Winston is an absolute beast, no pun intended.

None of the arcade modes worked for me yesterday. You'd either be stuck waiting for a game for six minutes, or it would find one but not actually connect. Both types ended up with an error.

Quick play was kind of messy, and people seemed a little frustrated in chat. Most people seemed to want to try to be Sombra, but she was naturally insta-locked the moment the selection screen popped up. Folks were using colourful language to ask people to switch away to someone else for both this reason, and that a Sombra was often not the greatest pick for the task at hand. DVa, Soldier and Pharah were also present in pretty much every match, probably because they were rebalanced and people wanted to get a feel for them. I only got to try out Pharah of the four, but her increased mobility will take some time getting used to. Some king of the hill maps now let you do a pretty sustained assault at the point from pretty much all the way at spawn. Winston and Symmetra are still left in the dust, which is unfortunate. Not sure what the hold-up is.

Not really liking the Zarya tweaks. By decreasing the rate she charges up, you have to remain in the heat of combat more often and longer to maintain charge, and Zarya is kind of bad as tanking fire. This is made worse by the fact that it takes longer to finish people off, putting her at constant risk when you play her as a tank. This is all not even taking Sombra into consideration, who also robs her of the only ability that keeps her alive. Not sure if she was ever great as a pure tank, but these changes just make her even less of one. I fear that killing Zarya like this is going to cement DVa's honorary Shimada sibling status.

Not sure how I feel about the increases of Ult costs either. Making them charge slower, also had the side-effect of people holding on to them longer. I had some matches where no one used their ults until the very last push/defence efforts of that round. We'll see how I feel about these changes in a few months, but thus far they didn't give the best first impression.

Meia

I will have full health and put some damage on Sombra, she hacks me, we both release a full clip while I have 100% accuracy on her with full health as well. She still won via DPS.

You shouldn't be getting hacked as tracer, as any damage done to the sombra stops the hack.

Ehh i think winston is in a good place right now.
I play in platinum from bottom to top and have done well with him so its not like you need to be insanely good. Hes not main tank. you need to jump in and jump out. Time engagements and have good positioning.

Heres some good winston play from the world cup
Every Winston Play by Miro at Overwatch World Cup 2016

Mendrox

My girl (Dva) is finally strong. wrecking shit left and right. I love it. I fucking love it. It paid off being the underdog the whole time. ;__;

joanot

Had tons of fun yesterday on no limits obliterating entire sombra teams with dva XD.

Not feeling 1 vs 1, some matchups are not fun to play at all, at least 3vs3 is ok.

TheYanger

That's definitely not true. Especially if you threw some damage on her first.

Fuz

Banned
Not sure where to ask so here we are: any EU player wanna team up to farm Genji's skin?

Fuz#2750

Edit: Done all 30. You can stop the requests :D

KHlover

Banned
My girl (Dva) is finally strong. wrecking shit left and right. I love it. I fucking love it. It paid off being the underdog the whole time. ;__;
D.Va wrecked before...IF you had a competent healer. 100 more HP and +25% increase to movement speed while shooting sound amazing though, can't wait to get home and play :D

Also lol @D.Va being the only hero basically unaffected by the Ult nerf across the board since she gets increased charge speed in the very same update :D

th4tguy

So I've been working my way down the line of heroes getting each heroes two trophies, then moving to the next. It's been great for learning each hero.
My question is how are these new changes going to effect the ease/ difficulty of the existing trophies?
Example: Tracer has a stick 4 people with your ult trophy in one match.
Ult rates are reduced now and instead of getting 4-5 ults per match, you are now only getting 3-4. This should make getting this trophy much harder as there is little room for error.

Auctopus

Not sure where to ask so here we are: any EU player wanna team up to farm Genji's skin?

Fuz#2750

Hey, mate. I can't remember by Bnet number but I'll PM you it when I'm home tonight and we can team up. (I'm an utter noob at HOTS, just a warning).

Mesoian

You need to back off. The spread on Sombra's gun is insanely terrible, but if you rush her, she will out gun you. Tracer can do the same amount of damage Sombra can from father away, you should always be attacking her at midrange.

Mawnster

He's the only character with a passive heal.

You don't even have to do anything other than stay alive and you keep your team alive.

But that passive heal is still way too slow. If we compare heals per second this is what we get.

Ana: 75 (per shot)
Zen: 30 (per second)
Mercy: 60 (per second)
Lucio: 12.5 (per second) -> Amp it Up -> 36 health per second (lasting for just 3 seconds)

Now with the update:
Amp It Up
Healing-per-second has been decreased by 10%

I mean, it is true that Lucio is not particularly chosen for his healing abilities. He's mainly chosen because of his speed. However, he's still a support, he is also used for healing and the fact that he's been nerfed twice in a row is just a biiiiiiiiiiiiit ridiculous.

I'll still make him work, tho. You can't stop dis beat, bois.

Uiki

He's the only character with a passive heal.

You don't even have to do anything other than stay alive and you keep your team alive.

No one is picking lucio for heals.

Unless they'll add a hero with the ability to give speed, no matter how much they nerf him he will still be n.1 pick.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Winston is still weak as ever.

I wouldn't mind a slight buff for him, but he's not too bad. When I play him, I leap whenever possible. The cooldown is short, it makes you tougher to hit, and it does damage. If you stand still as him, you'll get fucked up.

But that passive heal is still way too slow. If we compare heals per second this is what we get.

Ana: 75 (per shot)
Zen: 30 (per second)
Mercy: 60 (per second)
Lucio: 12.5 (per second) -> Amp it Up -> 36 health per second (lasting for just 3 seconds)

Now with the update:
Amp It Up
Healing-per-second has been decreased by 10%

I mean, it is true that Lucio is not particularly chosen for his healing abilities. He's mainly chosen because of his speed. However, he's still a support, he is also used for healing and the fact that he's been nerfed twice in a row is just a biiiiiiiiiiiiit ridiculous.

I'll still make him work, tho. You can't stop dis beat, bois.

I played him for the first time yesterday and was doing fantastic healing. He's still an acceptable healing choice.

Mawnster

I played him for the first time yesterday and was doing fantastic healing. He's still an acceptable healing choice.

Oh, definitely! I still do pretty well with him. Last night I even got a POTG as him, lols.
My point was that, Blizz nerfing his healing was ridiculous because he's already a slow healer and no one really picks him because of his healing abilities. If they want people to stop choosing him in comp, they should've nerfed his speed or something.

Meh, it'll be okay.

Tidalwave

It's very simple.
Get a mortgage and a stressful job.
Find very little time to learn and play video games let alone get better at them. Sometimes you just want to jump in and play something fun and dumb.

I go into quick match because competitive is where you go to get serious. I can find matches way faster and decrease instancing if I go into competitive, but I know my place and respect people who want to take the game seriously.
I have those things. That's what makes it so frustrating when people want to line up to get candy from emoting Anas instead of capturing the point. Not everyone has time to look for actual games all day.

Dreavus

Soldier feels pretty awesome to play now. It's about a 17% damage increase which doesn't seem like very much, but it helps you actually finish people off without alt fire rockets.

I'm not the most dedicated D.Va player but her changes feel pretty good as well.

I'm not really good at 1v1. Won mine just now but boy, my heart was pumping throughout. Got lucky in the end because I guess my opponent panicked and forgot Recall can overturn the damage you took.

3v3? Took Lucio and followed Reaper around. 3-0 quick.

Top Bottom