• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch: Sombra and Arcade mode now live for all platforms

I really like Sombra. Ana definitely wasn't for me, I'm not good as a sniper so playing as a hero who would be shitty at healing, in my case, was never really an option. Sombra though is a character I think I'll be playing quite a bit of.

I like the 1v 1 (well 1 v 1 bastion is lame) and 3 v 3 modes, although I got my ass kicked on my first 1 v 1. Great game keeps getting better.

Gxgear

Both. You get boxes for playing the new levels and 3 boxes every week with 9 wins. At least, I think. So today, you should be getting 5 boxes.

Sweetness. Yeah I figured the new modes are one time only.

The 1v1 needs work though. With voice chat it was fun to communicate if both players are being good sport about it. Some matchups are just horrible like symmetra.

Syntax

Please stop nerfing Lucio!
#LucioLivesMatter

xhFJij1.gif

Lucio's had it too good for too long, I say! Burn him down!

TwiztidElf

D.Va buff is amazing news. She is already strong imo, so I expect her to get nerfed next patch now.

In the low elo quick matches I'm in, I can pretty much single handedly win games with DVa. Did it last night on Illios, lost round 1, losing 59% round 2, no tanks, I switch to DVa and get the win for us.

Semi competent healing is just cream on the cake. Like the guy on the last page, I have a buddy plays Zen, and together we wreck.
Proper use of her Defense Matrix and Boosters wins games, and destroys DPS classes.
I see so many bad DVas.

dralla

Diva buff is kind of ridiculous. She's already pretty damn good. Buff people who need it, like Widowmaker..she sucks ass.

Mr_Moogle

It makes literally zero sense to complain about the changes to QP when they added Arcade Mode.

At least now you can actually practice for competitive mode without rage quitting everytime you see a team full of Genjis.

I just don't understand why people find stacking fun. The only time I've enjoyed it was team Winston but that was mostly for the spectacle. It wasn't actually all that enjoyable but it looked cool.

Played 3v3 elimination for the first time.

Holy fuck the enemy team was so toxic. Never touching that mode again.

Every round: why are you so garbage?

Syntax

if quick play is just practice for comp then why did the game launch without comp

As someone that dislikes the new change to Quick Play, the reason Competitive didn't go live with Overwatch is because it wasn't ready according to Blizzard. It was there in beta if I recall correctly but was taken out prior to launch and then, obviously, added back in.

Still don't think anything short of actual Competitive Play can be considered good practice for Competitive Play. Still see teams with all three snipers regularly in QP but no stacking.

If you want to wreck some shit, go into Arcade Mode, select No Limits and pick Winston. He's a brilliant counter to Sombra, and since nearly everybody is picking her, you can go on a rampage.

Yukinari

After getting the oni genji skin and play in the arcade for a while i feel pretty happy with this update.

Winston still needs skins though why the fuck does he have none.

Seriously, pick Winston. I just had a whale of a time mowing down a whole team of 6 Sombras.

Yup, a single Winston destroyed our 6 Sombra team, attack then defense! I love her tho, can't wait to try her in a more balanced situation.

1V1 is tense! Widow VS Widow is great, and two Symmetra dueling results in pretty deep shenanigans! I love this update!

After getting the oni genji skin and play in the arcade for a while i feel pretty happy with this update.

Winston still needs skins though why the fuck does he have none.

Him and Mei are the only originals without a new skin I think. Most seem to think they'll get theirs in the winter event, if there is one.

gaugebozo

Only in arcade mode.

You can't have duplicate characters on one team in quick play, as of this update
This is both good and bad. I hate when there's a multiple Bastions+ healers other team, but I'm going to miss when my team goes all one hero. It works almost half the time and it adds some variety.

😭 All Hanzo!

KraytarJ

Why do people think D.va didn't need a buff? She was by far the worst tank and in a meta dominated by tanks she was still almost never picked.

Riddle me this one fellow NeoGaf users. Why the shit would I use a support character over an offensive character or literally anything else anymore? Blizzard clearly doesn't want me using one, after all there's less support characters than any other group, less survivability than any other group, less damage than any other group, less utility than any other group.

Instead of constructively trying to find ways to make people want to use these characters Blizzard just takes a good ol' shovel to back of our craniums, expecting us to be happy about it.

My days as a support character are over I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Riddle me this one fellow NeoGaf users. Why the shit would I use a support character over an offensive character or literally anything else anymore? Blizzard clearly doesn't want me using one, after all there's less support characters than any other group, less survivability than any other group, less damage than any other group, less utility than any other group.

Instead of constructively trying to find ways to make people want to use these characters Blizzard just takes a good ol' shovel to back of our craniums, expecting us to be happy about it.

My days as a support character are over I guess. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Ana and Zenatta can wreck people in the right hands.

Maximo

My days as a support character are over I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Salty Lucio Player? Im still having fun with Zen and Mercy.

KarmaCow

Even with the nerf to Lucio, he still has the most utility in any group outside of a great Ana, another support character. Nerfs sucks but don't get it twisted, Defense is the real class that is fucked.

Maligna

Banned
1 for trying 1v1 for the first time

1 for trying 3v3 for the first time

1 for every three victories in any arcade mode, up to 3 loot boxes total per seven day period

Oh. Sweet. I really didn't want to play arcade mode but now I guess I have to...

Aki-at

I thought I could never hate Mai anymore.

But now with a Sombra backing her up she's a demon. My Reaper canna' get outta this one.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
This patch on PS4 is taking fuckin' forever.

EDIT: Removed second part cuz I'm dumb.

GorillaJu

Nerfed my main but I'm not too upset... Nano boost really was a bit too good on a few really nasty fuckers like Rein and Reaper. I guess this evens the playing field a bit more on who you should throw it on.

Mawnster

Salty Lucio Player? Im still having fun with Zen and Mercy.

I mean, he does have HALF a point. I main all of the supports equally (except Symmetra because why would I), and like you said I still have fun with all of them. However, you cannot deny that Lucio's nerf is just utter bullshit. Specially since this is his second nerf in a row.

"Oh, let's reduce his healing per second, because he totally heals way too much. Not like he's one of the slowest healers or anything" lol.

It's not the end of the world, though. He was exaggerating, yeah.

Top Bottom