• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Uprising Event Available Now | Trailer | Info

bender

What time is it?
Opened 100 boxes and got the same legendary Torb skin 4 times. Ended up having to spend almost all my gold on 4 legendary skins and the Pharah emote to get everything I wanted.

Will do it all over again for the next OW event.

I'll probably do the same. Though I'll wait for the end of the event to see if I can get lucky with unlocks and have enough gold to cover the rest.

besada

Banned
Did I misread the title of the thread? Is it, "Come and complain about loot boxes?"

Some people don't like the loot boxes. Some people are ambivalent. These and every other imaginable opinion on the subject have been aired and discussed in mind-numbing detail.

If it's too big of a problem for you, don't play the game. But quit shitting up every single thread, on every game with loot boxes, regardless of the specific topic, by going on the 999th rant about how you hate loot boxes. If you want to rant about loot boxes, go start a thread. This one is to discuss the trailer and the event.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
So it appears that Widowmaker's skin turned blue after she started in Overwatch?

Widowmaker is the perfect assassin: a patient, ruthlessly efficient killer who shows neither emotion nor remorse.

It is believed that in her former life, Widowmaker was married to Gérard Lacroix, an Overwatch agent spearheading operations against the Talon terrorist organization. After several unsuccessful attempts to eliminate Gérard, Talon decided to change its focus to his wife, Amélie. Talon operatives kidnapped her and subjected her to an intense program of neural reconditioning. They broke her will, suppressed her personality, and reprogrammed her as a sleeper agent. She was eventually found by Overwatch agents, apparently none the worse for wear, and returned to her normal life.
Two weeks later she killed Gérard in his sleep.

Her mission complete, Amélie returned to Talon, and they completed the process of turning her into a living weapon. She was given extensive training in the covert arts, and then her physiology was altered, drastically slowing her heart, which turned her skin cold and blue and numbed her ability to experience human emotion. Amélie was gone.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/widowmaker/

Guess it makes sense that she'd be an Overwatch agent if she's married to one, but her personality seems to be the same... Maybe a plot hole, or more likely I'm just overthinking it.

Gnilres

I have an hour between school and work to play games most days and it went to downloading the event today =(

Anyone know if there's a way to automatically download updates on PS4?

Apathy

Cth

Ugh, still haven't found a decent group for Uprising.

About 3/4ths through someone always drops out which screws the group and wastes so much time.

And I've already gotten the 9 wins for the week apparently (unless there's a glitch) -- could have swore it reset yesterday.

Guess I'll have to do it the long way and level up to get crates. :D

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Read it again. She was kidnapped, brain washed, experimented on and then made to kill her own husband.

Right, but her skin turned blue then, so this new skin must be from before all of that as her skin is white.

I guess it makes sense that she was already in Overwatch before the experiments though. It's not a plot hole I guess but this must be before all that for sure.

2nAxTZt.gif

Haha I love it. She even does a little duckface. 10/10

Apathy

Right, but her skin turned blue then, so this new skin must be from before all of that as her skin is white.

I guess it makes sense that she was already in Overwatch before the experiments though. It's not a plot hole I guess but this must be before all that for sure.

I haven't seen anything that said she was ever actually part of overwatch as an actual member, just that she was the wife of the creator. but yeah she was white before

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So yeah, I got the Mercy skin twice in a row.... my girlfriend, who loves to play Mercy, and who has yet to even get a purple item, looked at me with killer eyes.

liezryou

I don't even play widow maker and I want that skin. Please blizzard follow in the path of giving me 3 reaper legendaries when I hate that hero.

Man I really wanted the Tracer and Genji skins.

Got Mercy, Orisa, Widow and Torb. Oh and D.Va's intro. No complaints, but damnit. I would have been content with just Tracer or Genji. Now I have to keep playing. :(

This update is so good, it's total fan service and I love it.
The new PVE mode is a lot of fun, great banter between the 4 characters.
I really enjoy the character bios too, it's about time they actually put that in the game.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
The game kept giving me legendary skins that werent event related, and then had the gall to give me the orisa skin. worst $40 ever.

im loving the new mode but damn finding a good group is hard.

I always play healer cause thats what I can do best. However, people keep running really far from me and then keep spamming "I need healing".

Well maybe if you guys hadnt split up in 3 separate directions I would heal all of you.

Uggh. I cant win a single hard game.

The game kept giving me legendary skins that werent event related, and then had the gall to give me the orisa skin. worst $40 ever.

rip $40.

Uggh. I cant win a single hard game.

Pick Bastion. It's damn near impossible to lose with him on Hard. I can't speak for Expert+, as I haven't tried it but I'm 3/3 with Bastion on Hard. Last match = 75k damage+. Just give him an Orisa or Rein shield to prop up in front of him and he'll do the rest.

Arkhanor

This event is awesome! It make want more and more an Overwatch campaign/single-player/co-op mode. I would pay even for an spin-off.

ramyeon

Game decided since I wanted the Tracer skin it'd give it to me 4 times (Twice in a row at one point) and then throw in the gross Punk skin for good measure.

Also got Reinhardt's 3 times. It's a sad day.

KarmaCow

Anyone have a list or better yet a gallery of all the new items in this event? I got extremely lucky with loot box drops and got most of what I think I wanted from the event.

Also it's kinda dumb that some of the voice lines are event only. Most barely even relate the event at all, like Lucio's boop.

Phu

Banned
I tried playing earlier today but ended up getting booted for inactivity at random points throughout the game. Was only able to finish once. :/ Didn't have any issues with other game modes so I hope they fix whatever the issue is soon.

Alex

I dumped a bunch of old WoW gold into battle.net balance and just bought a 50 pack. Havent actually bought any since the summer ones I think but I like this event and I dont care about my WoW gold anymore.

Got everything except Orisa, I think.

Swig_

I kinda want to buy boxes in hopes of getting the couple of skins/highlight intro that I want left.. But with the amount of dupes I've been getting recently.... I don't know about that. Seems like a waste when I get 2-3 dupes on almost every box.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The way some of you post, it's as if the event is going to end anytime soon when there's actually three whole weeks of this thing, and it's only been live for some hours.

Anyways, my free loot box got me a Legendary - that camo 76 skin, second loot box from my first win was another Legendary - Young Hanzo.

Hmmmm... not complaining but both times I kinda had my hopes up, but there's plenty of time left to get all that I want.

Opened my first two and got two skins for tracer and widow, also two emotes. If previous events are anything to go by I'm gonna get everything except the things I want ( that being the mercy skin)

Rocket League has killed my Overwatch time

well that and BOTW... and soon Nier Automtata...

I need to graduate and become unemployed so I can have more time for Overwatch

Beartruck

Did I misread the title of the thread? Is it, "Come and complain about loot boxes?"

Some people don't like the loot boxes. Some people are ambivalent. These and every other imaginable opinion on the subject have been aired and discussed in mind-numbing detail.

If it's too big of a problem for you, don't play the game. But quit shitting up every single thread, on every game with loot boxes, regardless of the specific topic, by going on the 999th rant about how you hate loot boxes. If you want to rant about loot boxes, go start a thread. This one is to discuss the trailer and the event.

Bless this man.

The first part of Uprising has you standing in an area while your Ghost drone hacks something. Seeing that little robot fly around with his laser gave me bad flashbacks to Destiny lol.

Edit: My team has Hanzo and Widow in All Heroes, why lol

Top Bottom