• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd already won the thread, that post just cemented it. Thanks for all your efforts and posting the findings.

I'd explode and rage at this but I know they're watching... they're always watching...

Should have a gif of the jumpscare where she grabs you with Bish's face and "BANNED" written on it :p

Betty

Banned
I tried the hauntings without mic, no joy.

Tried again with a mic plugged in speaking random nonsense, got the second giggle.

cchum

I unplugged the usb headset. After two hauntings, no first giggle yet.

Just killed me. No giggle yet at all. Headset plugged in.

Start at the phone...wait until after haunting. Take ten steps to radio/wedding photo. Stop. Don't move during next haunting and make noise. If not here, try bathroom next. Standing still during haunting

Jabba

Banned
Start at the phone...wait until after haunting. Take ten steps to radio/wedding photo. Stop. Don't move during next haunting and make noise. If not here, try bathroom next. Standing still during haunting

After plugging headset in Lisa killed me, after a bit. Got first giggle afterwards. Trying for second. Gave up for now.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I did it! Finally! I'm definitely convinced that you HAVE to make noises at the mic while walking around to activate the second giggle. That would also explain why the first ones to finish P.T. were streaming.

I'm not sure about making noises but plugged in mic is required.

My completion theory (2nd giggle):

Start a new loop...
1) Inspect clock and then baby; must be done before midnight
2) When midnight hits; get possessed during first haunt (as quickly as possible; find the ghost and get within range of her. Look in her direction and let her get you. I believe you need to get possessed before the clock chime ends.)
3) Walk ten steps to trigger the baby giggle
4) Visit bathroom
5) Inspect telephone and wait for deep breathing sounds and a slight baby sound
6) Stand in front of the radio; but turned in the other direction, inspecting the text on the wall "hear you calling from hell"
7) Turn without moving and inspect the radio; waiting for deep breathing and baby breathing
8) Walk back to phone and inspect
9) You should get the second giggle
10) Now stay at the phone without moving/inspecting it

This was working fairly consistently; can someone else confirm?

My theory is that the teaser revolves around finding out what happened to her and then making sure you get through the things she couldn't accomplish on her own. In this case, letting you get possessed and having her communicate into the phone. If this is the case; maybe using a mic is indeed a second method. Where instead you call for help instead of her.

I saw two of the completions, 2nd and 3rd. Are you saying it into the mic? Are you using the provided headset? I got nothing on usb headset.

We're using a video on youtube called "Did you rike it?: Insane Edition". By playing it into the mic on the final hallway phase we've been able to trigger all three giggles every time so far.

Wait, what's the Did you Rike it method?

- Reach the final phase of the hallway; the one after the video distortion and error screen.
- Wait until midnight. (we wait by the phone to save time, but I don't think location is too important).
- When the bells start to chime we play "Did you rike it?: Insane Edition" into the PS4 mic, and lo and behold we get a laugh.
- Then we use the "10 step method" to trigger the second laugh - You can just walk into a wall, location doesn't matter.
- Stand still during vibration
- Use R3 to examine the phone when it rings.
- Get out of there.

You can avoid the ghost almost completely if you know where to go.

cchum

We're using a video on youtube called "Did you rike it?: Insane Edition". By playing it into the mic on the final hallway phase we've been able to trigger all three giggles every time so far.

- Reach the final phase of the hallway.
- Wait until midnight. (we wait by the phone to save time, but I don't think location is too important).
- When the bells start to chime we play "Did you rike it?: Insane Edition" into the PS4 mic, and lo and behold we get a laugh.
- Then we use the "10 step method" to trigger the second laugh - You can just walk into a wall, location doesn't matter.
- Stand still during vibration
- Use R3 to examine the phone when it rings.
- Get out of there.

You can avoid the ghost almost completely if you know where to go.

Hahahahahaha.....

Hahahaha ga

What if "I thought I heard a phone" actually means to have your phone ringing....hold on be right back.

Edit: tried for a couple of minutes and nothing. I just looked like an idiot

Hahahahahaha.....

Hahahaha ga

What if "I thought I heard a phone" actually means to have your phone ringing....hold on be right back.

That's not such a crazy idea now that I think about it... The high pitch of a phone isn't too dissimilar to the MGS "!" sound effect we use.

KurowaSan

you have got to be kidding me. Three times in a row, going for a fourth, the did u rike it method has worked. The third one took its time, around 4 minutes, but it worked.

EDIT: 4th worked as well... oh god...

Me and my brother didn't manage to initiate a baby giggle until - out of sheer frustration - we started playing Didju Rike It?: Insane Edition into the mic.

I'm guessing that there's something about the high/low pitch of the recording that triggers something in the game, as we were able to complete the Teaser multiple times using this method, even on separate PS4's.

This is the video he recorded earlier. I've trimmed down the length of the haunting for him to save time, and added Didju Rike It in postproduction so you can hear when to start playing it.

Perhaps it'll work for you too?

Silent Hills P.T. Completion: Did you rike it?

Disclaimer: I know this sounds like a troll, so If there's any doubt, I also have a messier version of the first live playthrough on my PC where you can hear Didju Rike it? being played through my phone.

you have got to be kidding me. Three times in a row, going for a fourth, the did u rike it method has worked. The third one took its time, around 4 minutes, but it worked.

EDIT: 4th worked as well... oh god...

I told you guys back on page 102 of this thread, but it largely went unnoticed.

Ryuuga

Banned
Edit: tried for a couple of minutes and nothing. I just looked like an idiot

b91zy.jpg

Ryuuga

Banned
Nears or Kurowa, since you've found success with this method either one of you should stream and document that you are able to complete it using this method with absolute accuracy every time.

I didn't even know the ghost was in the last bit. I just walked towards the door and the baby giggled again.

The Ghost only appears randomly, or is there a scripted one after you get the call

I think the Reason the "did you rike it" works

is the high pitch MGS sound and being consistent

cchum

close to the phone, facing the exit door of the loop door

oh, and there goes the sixth successful try

EDIT: scratch that, seventh. Maybe I should try to start from the start instead of reseting the loop.

Yep, first try looking in that direction. Took two rings

Second triggered after 5 rings.

3 out of three

This looks just about confirmed; but I really doubt the specific clip mattered.

I think any repetitive sound played next to the phone is the key. Heck, maybe the repeated looping sounds of the cries could set it off, if heard through a mic.

I mentioned this in the stream; but I think the real objective is to repeat the numbers: "2-0-4-8 ... 63" as if chanting; while next to the phone into a mic. The numbers were far too significant in the teaser to not mean anything (sorry, the Kojima birthday thing is just silly). Even during the visual glitches; the strange voice is repeating these numbers.

Nears or Kurowa, since you've found success with this method either one of you should stream and document that you are able to complete it using this method with absolute accuracy every time.

That's what we've been doing this evening. We're on our 6th live completion. http://www.twitch.tv/nearrivers Apologies for the low quality, my upload is crap. I do, however, have a video of it on my youtube that details the steps a little clearer.

Is there a photo scrap my the mirror? I was just thinking how a strange thing happened when I played. I was at the mirror and I wasn't even holding R3 but I got some text on the screen in the same style as when you find one of those. Thought it was weird but considering all the shit I had already gone through it wasnt that weird.

KurowaSan

I've started from the beginning, it will take me 10 minutes to get there again.

I'm gonna try high pitched sounds, like whistling every two seconds.

Sami+

So I'm curious what the actual story is here. This thread's really long and most pages I've looked at are discussing the puzzles, and Googling "Silent Hills P.T story" got no results. I'm guessing I'm in the house of the family that got killed according to the radio, the ghost is the wife, and the narrator is the son?

KurowaSan

Alright, back in the final loop, two successful tries, going for a third.

Is it repeating something over and over again, is it the ! sound?

BY2K

Membero Americo
So I'm curious what the actual story is here. This thread's really long and most pages I've looked at are discussing the puzzles, and Googling "Silent Hills P.T story" got no results. I'm guessing I'm in the house of the family that got killed according to the radio, the ghost is the wife, and the narrator is the son?

Not sure I'd be rooting for a character that killed his family...

Jabba

Banned

Father went postal on his family after losing his job. Took to drinking/drugs and maybe got possessed. Father killed his wife and aborted a baby that possibly isn't his. So in esscence, the father could have killed his son or the grocer managers son. Not sure.

@BY2K

One way to root for him, is if he's possessed and doesn't know or is being forced to kill his family.

brandnew

Has the "did you rike it" method been completed without being possessed by the end? I just tried it and it didn't work. Trying again though...

KurowaSan

This is working every single time, I changed location, now by the radio, looking at the phone, and it's worked twice. That's 2 + 4 + 7 tries without failing.

There was this one time it took me 4 minutes of waiting (and kojima driving me crazy), but it ended up working.

KurowaSan

Has the "did you rike it" method been completed without being possessed by the end? I just tried it and it didn't work. Trying again though...

Yes, without being possessed.

And another two by the loop entrance, not even touching anything after opening the door.

I don't think location matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom