• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PA: Holding the new PS4 controller is like touching boob for the first time

Ghazi

So I am at a disadvantage here with the fact that I've neither touched a boob or held a DualShock 4? DAMN YOU PENNY ARCADE!!!!!

Journalism

Amir0x

Banned
So I am at a disadvantage here with the fact that I've neither touched a boob or held a DualShock 4? DAMN YOU PENNY ARCADE!!!!!

Journalism

oh god start living your life DJ Ghazi before it's too late

Omg DJ Ghazi, the DJ that's going to play at the Republican's WE FINALLY GOT OBAMA ON BENGHAZI party? Sorry, sorry... name's awesome.

Kinyou

OR less people who prefer the symmetrical layout feel the need to whine about it in threads for asymmetrical controllers that they know are going to asymmetrical before they enter the thread.

It never adds anything to the discussion and is entirely subjective.
I don't see a reason why I should believe that the one side of the crowd would be less whiny

Journalism
You did.... A long time ago.... In your early days.... You just have to remember..... remember.....

Prince_reaction.gif

I approve of this post.

Jackpot

Banned
It felt like the first time I touched a girl’s breast in the backseat of a car with fogged up windows, scared that her parents were going to fling the door open and start yelling at me.

[/stealth brag]

nomis

Judging by the responses here, you'd think that hyperbole was a sacred communication tool for use only by Gaffers.

I'm not claiming this guy is actually a good writer.

Amir0x

Banned
Judging by the responses here, you'd think that hyperbole was a sacred communication tool for use only by Gaffers.

I'm not claiming this guy is actually a good writer.

shit mang, better ways to exercise the hyperbole muscle than talking about the way it felt to feel up a girl for the first time in comparison to a damn controller :p

Ghazi

oh god start living your life DJ Ghazi before it's too late

Omg DJ Ghazi, the DJ that's going to play at the Republican's WE FINALLY GOT OBAMA ON BENGHAZI party? Sorry, sorry... name's awesome.
No worries haha, I get it a lot. I love this name, it's so perfect.
You're missing out, big time.
One dayyyyyyyyyyy.....

You did.... A long time ago.... In your early days.... You just have to remember..... remember.....

I'm not 70 years old....

I just kind of found it awkward.

That'd be an understatement lol

for people that cant fondle breast properly.
ps3shksn.gif

lmfao

Riposte

So it sounds like a good controller then. I wonder if I will be able to hook it up to my PC. PS3 controller has been my go-to for that.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Well then.

The gaming industry has been struggling to shed the image of being a hobby for sexist, immature manchildren living in their parents' basement for the past few years. And then this guy writes something like that.

Does anyone else find it incredibly ironic that the PA report was created with the intention to get away from stereotypically terrible games journalism?

webkatt

I really wish Sony will produce a controller like the 360's. It will shut everyone the hell out (i hope) and make the conversion to ps4 all that much smoother

CTLance

Holy shit, what an embarrassing article. I'm feeling soiled for having read it.

I mean, I can understand some sort of tongue in cheek ode to the beauty of the hardware. This is nothing like that. Oh ew.

Fusebox

Banned
As someone equally comfortable with DS, Xbox controller and playing FPS on touch-screens, I'm most looking forward to getting my hands on the DS4, it looks like pure sex for my thumbs. This hype is making me hyped.

Lime

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/about/

Our Mission and Our Team
The Penny Arcade Report is a no-bullshit source of daily video game news,
industry coverage, business analysis, and pop culture commentary.

PAR isn’t just about video games, although video games are going to provide the backbone of our coverage. We’re going to discuss everything we’re playing, watching, reading, and experiencing in the world of gaming and technology. We’re going to dig deeper, write longer, and help you to avoid wasting your time on coverage that doesn’t take these topics as seriously as you do.

PAR combines original, long-form game reporting and shorter news blasts. The latest version of The Cut points out the best in game writing and timely stories about the industry, with our own commentary about why you need to read these stories and where we feel others may have led you astray. Our core values are staying the same, but our mission has become broader.

jimbor

Banned
I'm excited by all the positivity surrounding the DS4 pad. Switching from the 360 to PS4 meant the pad was my main regret.

Hopefully now I can switch with no regrets.

Considering Penny Arcade's readership, he might as well have equated it to walking on the moon for the first time. For many of PA's readers, his description will be about as effective as trying to describe the color blue to a person born blind.

Top Bottom