• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 10, 2009

Tideas

Banned
Psychotext said:
But by the same token, it's Australia... the last numbers I saw had them selling about 3k 360s a week. :lol

that's what i mean. even if it's #1, it's not gonna be in the high double digits. or even double digit at all

I wouldn't be surprised to see killzone drop off a cliff here in Australia. I have only seen 1 tv ad and there is absolutely no in store presence. Plus compared to big releases here there doesn't seem to be that many copies of the game.

I would say GH still dominates in store presence and is getting pushed so hard everywhere. Halo wars got a small push. Really though stores mostly seemed to skim past KZ and halo wars to an extent and started pushing RE5 before they were even out.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Cjelly, you rat show your face why the fuck would you do that

what a nice little piece of shit we have here... disgusting

On another note, KZ2 is receiving the biggest marketing push we've seen from Sony yet here in Italy (even right before and in the middle of the big Champions League matches, but it remains to be seen if the ads will get broadcasted for as long as the LBP ones.

Mario Power Tennis' ads are gettin' a lot of air time as well

test_account

XP-39C²
obaidr said:
WTH??? Thought germany is going to love killzone but no love over here. Expect they buy the non-game. But good to see hawx there anyway.
The love can maybe still be there :) Since we dont get any sales numbers, for all that we know, the difference between the top 3 positions in the german chart can be relatively small. Or it can be relatively big for all that we know as well.

I think it should be interesting to see how Killzone 2 keeps on charting, but not that many games, especially PS3 and Xbox 360 games, has that big staying power that they keep on charting within the top 10 for weeks. Only some Nintendo games seems to be able to do that, at least so far into this console generation :)

Chumly

Tideas said:
i stil don't get it. why are people still buyin Wii Fit. haha. Especially Europe since they ain't that fat.

I mean, the entire "game" is like $80 aint it?
It amazes me that people still think Wii Fit is being driven by "fat" people or anywhere close to it. Unless your joking you must be pretty ignorant.

Loudninja said:
Where did Soul Calibur 4 come from? :lol

I guess they screwed up the chart, most likely it's supposed to be Street Fighter IV, Soul Calibur makes no sense at all. :lol

Edit: Oh wait, they didn't, on the individual platform charts Soul Calibur is ahead of Street Fighter on both PS3 and 360.

Luckyman

Banned
test_account said:
The love can maybe still be there :) Since we dont get any sales numbers, for all that we know, the difference between the top 3 positions in the german chart can be relatively small. Or it can be relatively big for all that we know as well.

I think it should be interesting to see how Killzone 2 keeps on charting, but not that many games, especially PS3 and Xbox 360 games, has that big staying power that they keep on charting within the top 10 for weeks. Only some Nintendo games seems to be able to do that, at least so far into this console generation :)

Looks like Germany counts the CE and normal as separate entries.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/33548/UK-CHARTS-Resi-5-smashes-records

Early peek at the All Formats Top 10 thanks to MCV;

1. Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)
2. Wii Fit (Nintendo)
3. Tom Clancy’s HAWX (Ubisoft)
4. Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Nintendo)
5. Killzone 2 (Sony)
6. FIFA 09 (EA)
7. Call of Duty: World at War (Activision Blizzard)
8. Empire: Total War (Sega)
9. Halo Wars (Microsoft)
10. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)

Capcom’s sequel shoots straight to the top of the ELSPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats Top 40

Capcom’s Resident Evil 5 has delivered as expected and entered the ELSPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats top 40 at number one in its debut week.

The game becomes the fastest selling title in the Resident Evil franchise and becomes Capcom’s biggest ever week one release in the UK.

In total, Resident Evil 5 accounted for 27.1 per cent of all console game revenues this week, and sold more copies at retail than the rest of the remaining Top 10 entrants in total. Xbox 360 managed to grab 55 per cent of RE5’s total sales, with the remaining 45 per cent going to Sony’s PS3.

Elsewhere in the Top 10, Nintendo’s Wii Fit and Ubisoft’s HAWX both climb one place whilst a 53 per cent drop in sales for Sony’s Killzone 2 see it slip to fifth position. There’s a steeper drop for Halo Wars, whose 61 per cent fall in sales see it slip to ninth spot. Sony’s SOCOM: Confrontation enters the listings at number 11.

Rolf NB

Neo-Sheperd said:
Damn, look at Killzone 2 and Halo Wars go. They both dropped really HARD.
1)They're both still in the top ten
2)The preview is "all formats", i.e. SKUs get combined. Watch one of them get ahead of separated HAWX versions in the usual chart.

Neo-Sheperd said:
Damn, look at Killzone 2 and Halo Wars go. They both dropped really HARD.

I dunno about dropping hard, KZ2 and HW only dropped 3 and 4 places respectively, not bad for titles that have been out for a few weeks now. Total War on the other hand went from dropped 7 places from 1 - 8.

And the motherload;

- 1 RESIDENT EVIL 5 XB360 CAPCOM CAPCOM
- 2 RESIDENT EVIL 5 PS3 CAPCOM CAPCOM
3 3 WII FIT WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
5 4 PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE CURIOUS VILLAGE DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
2 5 KILLZONE 2 PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
6 6 TOM CLANCY'S H.A.W.X. XB360 UBISOFT UBISOFT
7 7 TOM CLANCY'S H.A.W.X. PS3 UBISOFT UBISOFT
1 8 EMPIRE: TOTAL WAR PC SEGA SEGA
4 9 HALO WARS XB360 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
- 10 SOCOM: US NAVY SEALS CONFRONTATION PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
15 11 MARIO POWER TENNIS WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
8 12 WII PLAY WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
19 13 MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES WII SEGA SEGA
- 14 CLUB PENGUIN: ELITE PENGUIN FORCE DS DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS
12 15 MY FITNESS COACH WII GAMES FOR EVERYONE UBISOFT
14 16 DR KAWASHIMA'S BRAIN TRAINING DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
13 17 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR XB360 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
11 18 STREET FIGHTER IV XB360 CAPCOM CAPCOM
30 19 MYSTERY CASE FILES: MILLIONHEIR DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
24 20 THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: OVERKILL WII SEGA SEGA
- 21 SONIC AND THE BLACK KNIGHT WII SEGA SEGA
9 22 MARIO KART WII WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
25 23 PUZZLER COLLECTION DS GAMES FOR EVERYONE UBISOFT
10 24 STREET FIGHTER IV PS3 CAPCOM CAPCOM
21 25 FIFA 09 XB360 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
20 26 GRAND THEFT AUTO IV XB360 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
17 27 SEGA MEGA DRIVE ULTIMATE COLLECTION XB360 SEGA SEGA
23 28 HALO 3 XB360 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
34 29 MARIO KART DS DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
33 30 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
36 31 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR PS3 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
31 32 FIFA 09 PS3 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
- 33 FAMILY SKI & SNOWBOARD WII NAMCO BANDAI GAMES ATARI
26 34 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 PC SEGA SEGA
- 35 BIG BEACH SPORTS WII PLAY THQ THQ
38 36 BEN 10: ALIEN FORCE DS D3P D3P
39 37 100 CLASSIC BOOK COLLECTION DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
- 38 PERSONA 4 PS2 SQUARE ENIX SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
16 39 SEGA MEGA DRIVE ULTIMATE COLLECTION PS3 SEGA SEGA
18 40 LITTLEBIGPLANET PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.

16/Mar/2009

‘Resident Evil 5’ blasts to the top of the All Formats Chart, becoming the fastest selling game in the franchise and Capcom’s biggest ever launch.

The game that defined the survival horror genre when released on the original Playstation in 1996 is now more popular than ever, but it is the franchise’s debut on Microsoft’s format, which claims 55% of sales while PS3 accounts for 45%. ‘Resident Evil 5’ is the largest All Formats No1 since Call of Duty: World at War’s second week back in week 47 2008. It manages to surpass FIFA 09’s Christmas No1 week and represents 27.1% of all revenue from console games this week. In fact sales of Resident Evil 5 are slightly more than the combined sales of all the remaining All Formats Top 10 titles. As ‘Resident Evil 4’ had a staggered launch over 2 years across Gamecube, then PS2, then Wii and finally PC, it is hard to compare. However, RE5 on PS3 has outsold RE4’s PS2 launch week by 3.22 to 1. Last week’s No1 ‘Empire: Total War’ drops 7 places to No8 (sales down 70%), but Sega’s other Top 10 title ‘Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games’ benefits from a retailer promotion, jumping 7 places to No10.

All other Top 10 titles lose sales, including ‘Wii Fit’ at No2 and Ubisoft’s ‘Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.’ at No3, both up 1 place, but sales falling by 14% and 19% respectively. ‘Professor Layton’ makes the most of the downturn in recent releases such as ‘Killzone 2’ and ‘Halo Wars’, jumping 2 places to No4 despite a 20% drop in sales. ‘Killzone 2’ (-53%) slips 3 places to No5, staying ahead of last year’s blockbusters ‘FIFA 09’ (-12%) at No6 and ‘Call of Duty: World at War’ (-12%) at No7. ‘Halo Wars’ suffers a 60% drop in sales, but clings on to the All Formats Top 10 at No9, ahead of the next highest new entry this week, Sony’s PS3 ‘Socom: Confrontation’, new at No11.

Baloonatic said:
At least Persona 4 charted I guess. Stupid week to release it anyway.
Yeah, thats a pretty bad first week, but at the same time it's the best first week a SE published title had since...I dunno....Infinite Undiscovery?
Really sad.

Rolf NB

idahoblue said:
I'm lost, what did he tell to who to cause that?
There was a leaky script on the website. Actual sales numbers (weekly and LTD) for budget titles could be extracted with a little URL forgery. Douchebag cjelly told Chart Track about the leak and they plugged it.

Top Bottom