• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 11, 2009

spwolf

Psychotext said:
I bought it for the headset. Let's face it, with a metacritic in the 60s and most recently a 5 from Eurogamer it's certainly not worth buying for the game alone.

lol... maybe if you like to read games instead of playing them :lol :lol :lol

spwolf said:
well probably 55:45 ratio took them by suprise...

Exactly, most retailers (quite reasonably given past trends) likely expected the 360 title to be the primary SKU, just like the vast majority of other high profile titles are. The fact that this was reversed for Street Fighter obviously meant that their stocking levels were a little lopsided.

Karma said:
I thought it was 108K. Do you have a link? Here is best case if it is 121k.

Best Case:
KZ2 1st week 120k
KZ2 2nd week 50k
KZ2 3rd week 24k
Total: 194k

I don't but that's the number I remember off the top of my head, I might be wrong though, do you have a link?

dabra

2up4lc5.png

Germany:
Week 11, 2009

01 (__) [PS3] Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)
02 (__) [360] Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)
03 (__) [PS3] Resident Evil 5: Collector's Edition (Capcom)
04 (01) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)
05 (05) [WII] New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis (Nintendo)
06 (__) [360] Resident Evil 5: Collector's Edition (Capcom)
07 (04) [NDS] Professor Layton And The Curious Village (Nintendo)
08 (09) [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
09 (02) [PS3] Tom Clancy's H.a.w.x. (Ubisoft)
10 (__) [NDS] New Super Mario Bros.i (Nintendo)

2eygkn5.png

Sweden :
Week 11, 2009

01 (__) [PS3] Resident Evil 5
02 (__) [360] Resident Evil 5
03 (01) [PC] Empire: Total War
04 (03) [Wii] Wii Fit
05 (__) [PS3] Little Big Planet
06 (02) [PS3] Killzone 2
07 (13) [PS2] Singstar Abba
08 (04) [PC] World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
09 (06) [PS2] Singstar Svenska hits Schlager
10 (07) [PS3] Soul Calibur 4
11 (11) [PC] World of Warcraft
12 (18) [360] Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
13 (16) [360] Soul Calibur 4
14 (10) [DS] New Super Mario Bros
15 (08) [PC] Counter-Strike 1: Anthology
16 (19) [360] Rainbow Six Vegas 2
17 (__) [PS3] Rainbow Six Vegas 2
18 (__) [PC] Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
19 (09) [PS2] Singstar 80's
20 (17) [PC] Counter-Strike Source

obaidr

Banned
dabra said:
2up4lc5.png

Germany:
Week 11, 2009

2eygkn5.png

Sweden :
Week 11, 2008

01 (__) [PS3] Resident Evil 5
02 (__) [360] Resident Evil 5
03 (01) [PC] Empire: Total War
04 (03) [Wii] Wii Fit
05 (__) [PS3] Little Big Planet
06 (02) [PS3] Killzone 2
07 (13) [PS2] Singstar Abba
08 (04) [PC] World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
09 (06) [PS2] Singstar Svenska hits Schlager
10 (07) [PS3] Soul Calibur 4
11 (11) [PC] World of Warcraft
12 (18) [360] Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
13 (16) [360] Soul Calibur 4
14 (10) [DS] New Super Mario Bros
15 (08) [PC] Counter-Strike 1: Anthology
16 (19) [360] Rainbow Six Vegas 2
17 (__) [PS3] Rainbow Six Vegas 2
18 (__) [PC] Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
19 (09) [PS2] Singstar 80's
20 (17) [PC] Counter-Strike Source

UK is the only country in EU where 360 version outsells the PS3 version. And people always look at the UK only charts, then at the PS3 sales charts in PAL region and wonder.

Doc Evils

obaidr said:
UK is the only country in EU where 360 version outsells the PS3 version. And people always look at the UK only charts, then at the PS3 sales charts in PAL region and wonder.

That's because we have chav's.

Banned
obaidr said:
Well the UK is the second largest gaming market in the world but I understand what you are saying.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
obaidr said:

The UK market is probably bigger than the rest of Europe combined by now.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
D4Danger said:

I think the most generous recent estimates put it at about 1/3 of the European market..?

MrPing1000 said:
Madworld getting tv ads.

And I saw an ad for Wii Sports today on tv at prime time in the uk. wtf.

I've seen it a few times already and a £190 Wii hardware bundle with Madworld and HOTD was flashed up at the end both times as well.

Moonstone

uk gaming market has grown a lot because the recent price wars and the low pound.
There was a time, when uk was the most expensive place to buy games, now it's probably the cheapest for al europe. A lot of people are importing.
I've never seen console games so cheap at release as right now. This is why uk is so huge.

Germany:
Week 11, 2009

You clearly see the recent spike in sales of te 360 since the price cut, usually the 360 collectors edition didn't make it into the charts, while the ps3 had both in there.

But where is KZ2? People buy Hawx instead of KZ2? WTF?

And Halo Wars is gone (it was last week on 08), germans take it as an insult to release an rts for a console.

And only 5 Nintendo titles in the charts? :lol

obaidr

Banned
Moonstone said:
uk gaming market has grown a lot because the recent price wars and the low pound.
There was a time, when uk was the most expensive place to buy games, now it's probably the cheapest for al europe. A lot of people are importing.
I've never seen console games so cheap at release as right now. This is why uk is so huge.

You clearly see the recent spike in sales of te 360 since the price cut, usually the 360 collectors edition didn't make it into the charts, while the ps3 had both in there.

But where is KZ2? People buy Hawx instead of KZ2? WTF?

And Halo Wars is gone (it was last week on 08), germans take it as an insult to release an rts for a console.

And only 5 Nintendo titles in the charts? :lol

I dont argue about the spike of 360 games in germany but this is still the very first time a CE version of a game charted in germany. Usually it is like this:

ps3 version
Ps3 CE
360 version

But resident evil is a very big brand in germany. I expect it to have some legs even.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Living in Italy you would say Resident Evil 5 is a PS3 exclusive, is that the same in all of EU or is it just how Capcom's rolling out here? Sony has probably paid for the ads, but wow not even a a tiny Xbox symbol at the end of the commercials, nope.

Raist

Banned
D4Danger said:

In 2007 interactive software sales in nine of the major European markets* reached an approximate total of €7.3 billion. These figures represent games software alone (i.e. the games themselves, excluding the revenue generated by sales of hardware). The UK alone represented €2.3 billion in revenue, followed by France (€1.6bn), Germany (€1.4bn), Spain (€0.7bn) and Italy €0.6bn).

http://www.afjv.com/press0805/080529_etude_joueurs_jeux_video_europe.htm

Ramenman

04 (__) [NDS] Professor Layton And The Curious Village (Nintendo)

It's good that the game sells, it deserves it and it also appeals to the Brain Training casual crowd.

However that might also explain why NoE isn't hurrying for the next Layton(s) releases.

Ramenman said:
It's good that the game sells, it deserves it and it also appeals to the Brain Training casual crowd.

However that might also explain why NoE isn't hurrying for the next Layton(s) releases.

layton 1 only came out 3 or 4 months ago, dont expect 2 til xmas

Raist

Banned
frankie_baby said:
and that was 2 years ago and although i could be wrong i was under the impression the uk market was growing faster than other markets (although they're all growing too)

It was not even 30% 2 years ago, do you expect it to be 50%+ now?

spwolf

frankie_baby said:
and that was 2 years ago and although i could be wrong i was under the impression the uk market was growing faster than other markets (although they're all growing too)

you are wrong... Uk is growing at strong pace, but % wise, there are other markets growing faster.

spwolf

Psychotext said:
No, I just have enough good games that I don't have the waste my time trying to like the bad ones.

lol. unless you actually played the game, please stop spreading fud around. I generally dont talk about games i never tried, it is a good policy, it helps so you dont look like a tool.

spwolf said:
lol. unless you actually played the game, please stop spreading fud around. I generally dont talk about games i never tried, it is a good policy, it helps so you dont look like a tool.
Of course I played the game... it came with the headset remember. Now it's at CEX.

Live with the fact that someone has a different opinion of a game than you do. You seem to be struggling with that idea.

Raist said:
It was not even 30% 2 years ago, do you expect it to be 50%+ now?
actually if you do the maths it was slightly over 30%, i'm not expecting it to be over 50% now just that the uk market is very very noticably bigger than any other

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Uk charts are up a bit earlier than usual this week.
Chart-track

Resident Evil 5’ remains at the top of the All Formats Chart this week despite a 52% drop in sales following its highly successful launch.

Nintendo are also a non-mover at No2 with ‘Wii Fit’ (-9%) enjoying a prolonged period of steady sell through. At launch ‘Resident Evil 5’ outsold ‘Wii Fit’ by 5 to 1, but in its second week the gap has narrowed to 2.7 to 1. Nintendo also chart at No3 with ‘Professor Layton’ up one place to No3 from No4. This week’s highest new entry goes to THQ and ‘WWE Legends of Wrestlemania’, new at No4 with sales split relatively evenly across PS3 and Xbox 360. After 2 Grand Theft Auto games on PSP, Rockstar’s iconic franchise arrives on DS this week for the first time. ‘Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars’ is new at No6, selling around half of previous handheld GTA title GTA: Vice City Stories’ launch week. A retailer promotion on ‘Street Fighter IV’ (+48%) helps it re-enter the Top 10, up from No13 to No7, giving Capcom two Top 10 games this week.

However, Nintendo make it 3 Top 10 games thanks to the Mother’s Day promoted, turquoise DS Lite Starter Pack, which shoots ‘Brain Training’ (+117%) back into the Top 10, up from No21 to No8. There are 3 new releases that don’t make the Top 10 – ‘Singstar Queen’ at No22, ‘Scrabble Interactive: 2009 Edition’ at No27 and ‘Madworld’ at No34.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Individual Charts said:
1 1 RESIDENT EVIL 5 XB360 CAPCOM CAPCOM
2 2 RESIDENT EVIL 5 PS3 CAPCOM CAPCOM
3 3 WII FIT WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
4 4 PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE CURIOUS VILLAGE DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
- 5 GRAND THEFT AUTO: CHINATOWN WARS DS ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
16 6 DR KAWASHIMA'S BRAIN TRAINING DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
5 7 KILLZONE 2 PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
- 8 WWE LEGENDS OF WRESTLEMANIA PS3 THQ THQ
- 9 WWE LEGENDS OF WRESTLEMANIA XB360 THQ THQ
23 10 PUZZLER COLLECTION DS GAMES FOR EVERYONE UBISOFT
12 11 WII PLAY WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
24 12 STREET FIGHTER IV PS3 CAPCOM CAPCOM
6 13 TOM CLANCY'S H.A.W.X. XB360 UBISOFT UBISOFT
15 14 MY FITNESS COACH WII GAMES FOR EVERYONE UBISOFT
8 15 EMPIRE: TOTAL WAR PC SEGA SEGA
7 16 TOM CLANCY'S H.A.W.X. PS3 UBISOFT UBISOFT
9 17 HALO WARS XB360 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
18 18 STREET FIGHTER IV XB360 CAPCOM CAPCOM
14 19 CLUB PENGUIN: ELITE PENGUIN FORCE DS DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS
21 20 SONIC AND THE BLACK KNIGHT WII SEGA SEGA
11 21 MARIO POWER TENNIS WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
22 22 MARIO KART WII WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
- 23 SCRABBLE INTERACTIVE: 2009 EDITION DS GAMES FOR EVERYONE UBISOFT
10 24 SOCOM: US NAVY SEALS CONFRONTATION PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
19 25 MYSTERY CASE FILES: MILLIONHEIR DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
17 26 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR XB360 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- 27 MORE BRAIN TRAINING FROM DR KAWASHIMA DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
13 28 MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES WII SEGA SEGA
- 29 MADWORLD WII SEGA SEGA
25 30 FIFA 09 XB360 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
- 31 CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE XB360 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
37 32 100 CLASSIC BOOK COLLECTION DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
- 33 SINGSTAR QUEEN PS2 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
29 34 MARIO KART DS DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
20 35 THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: OVERKILL WII SEGA SEGA
26 36 GRAND THEFT AUTO IV XB360 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
- 37 BIG BRAIN ACADEMY DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
30 38 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
27 39 SEGA MEGA DRIVE ULTIMATE COLLECTION XB360 SEGA SEGA
32 40 FIFA 09 PS3 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

Sorry for the horrible formatting.

spwolf

Psychotext said:
Of course I played the game... it came with the headset remember. Now it's at CEX.

Live with the fact that someone has a different opinion of a game than you do. You seem to be struggling with that idea.

you are just trashing it endlessly - it is not a bad game whatsoever, which is proven by largest multiplayer community on PS3, 2 months after it was released.

spwolf

DMeisterJ said:
Sorry for the horrible formatting.

kz2 is going to hang there for a long time...

... whats up with games now getting even share in UK? 3 games in a row? That doesnt make any sense

Spiegel

After 2 Grand Theft Auto games on PSP, Rockstar’s iconic franchise arrives on DS this week for the first time. ‘Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars’ is new at No6, selling around half of previous handheld GTA title GTA: Vice City Stories’ launch week.

This is why we can't take the position on the charts to compare games. GTA: VCS debuted also at No6 but sold double of what GTA:CW has sold in its first week.

I hope the game sells better on US and has legs because it has cost Rockstar more than the PSP games (if we believe in what they have said)

DMeisterJ

Banned
Psychotext said:
LittleBigPlanet gone!

/mourns

Sadness. :'(

But yeah, KZ2 is holding on well, much better, comparatively than Halo Wars which was at the top of the charts with it a few weeks ago. Looks like GG and Sony have a hit! Resident Evil 5 still number one even after dropping 50% and GTA DS couldn't muster more than a number 5 debut, which is half of VCS's sales on a much bigger DS install base. Will have to wait to see how it performs in a few weeks to see whether this was a dumb idea or not.

Banned
DMeisterJ said:
Sadness. :'(

But yeah, KZ2 is holding on well, much better, comparatively than Halo Wars which was at the top of the charts with it a few weeks ago. Looks like GG and Sony have a hit! Resident Evil 5 still number one even after dropping 50% and GTA DS couldn't muster more than a number 5 debut, which is half of VCS's sales on a much bigger DS install base. Will have to wait to see how it performs in a few weeks to see whether this was a dumb idea or not.

:lol FPS vs RTS.

C4Lukins

Karma said:
:lol FPS vs RTS.

The cat is also talking shit about GTA DS sales versus GTA PSP sales. The cat has a point considering how many PSP titles are on the top 40 sales list. TOP 40 SALES LIST in the UK. 40.....

DMeisterJ

Banned
Karma said:
:lol FPS from the developer of a horrid game called Killzone which was critically panned for being crap vs RTSfrom acclaimed developer Ensemble, using the name of one of the highest selling games of all time.

Fixed. :)

C4Lukins said:
The cat is also talking shit about GTA DS sales versus GTA PSP sales. The cat has a point considering how many PSP titles are on the top 40 sales list. TOP 40 SALES LIST in the UK. 40.....

Oh god no. I'm not talking shit on it, I just pointed out how weird it is that the game had a lower debut of a game but the system has a huger install base. There was no shit-talking there. It's just weird like when a PS3 game outsells a 360 game once a year given the huge install base difference. Just something to note.

Top Bottom