• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 14, 2014

Chobel

You can get it on Zavvi and Shopto. I don't think it is going to become more available over time unless they are still making the bundles.

Unless it's available in almost every retailer with enough supply, it's still considered difficult to get.

But the PS4 itself is in stock so couldn't people interested just buy it separately. I can't see how it would make a huge difference either way.

I'm only commenting on the availability of the bundle. Whether that affects the sales of infamous or not, that I don't know.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Yes unit wise the PS4 is likely still outselling as the console itself is still very appealing to consumers

But in terms of software between inFamous SS and TF likely the TF bundle is more helping to its software sales relative to SS

The Titanfall bundles price is helping it but I doubt infamous bundle not being available changes much of anything, the discount wasn't great to begin with you can now buy PS4 and infamous on it's own for roughly the same price. Neither is selling all that greatly looking about Amazon rankings so clearly this is due to lack of consumer interest.

This whole argument about infamous bundle availability seems completely pointless.

Also Infamous is far more advertised than Titanfall ever was, even now I still see infamous adverts when I don't see Titanfall.

Italy:
1) inFamous: Second Son (PS4)
2) Yoshi's New Island (3DS)
3) FIFA 14 (PS3)
4) GTA V (PS3)
5) FIFA 14 (PS4)
6) Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (3DS)
7) Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3)
8) Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes (PS4)
9) Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes (PS3)
10) Dark Souls 2 (PS3)

http://www.aesvi.it/cms/charts.php?dir_pk=206

next week uk will be interesting.
i expect titanfall to take over the lead over infamous

second to third week percentage drop is normally bigger than third to fourth
also most of the ps4 sold in uk are normal units and no more ifss bundles, while most of xbox one units are still titanfall bundles and they will likely never go out of stock

last week <3500 lead for infamous
next week <5000 lead for titanfall

notbad.jpg

Foshy

Here in Italy you can walk in any store and pick up a PS4.
Has been that way since late-January. Xbox One... lol, just let's say that I've picked up a Titanfall bundle from a big electronics chain store (Euronics) and it was the very same box I had seen the week before, so I asked the clerk and he told me that they had sold a single fucking unit since Titanfall's launch day, when they sold 8 of the 10 TF bundles they had. The very same store had roughly 10 PS4s (no ISS bundles tho) available.
Mediaworld (biggest store in my city) had at least 10 PS4s and a couple of ISS bundles and what looked like I dunno, probably over 100 Xbone units? Maybe 70? Not sure but it was a freaking WALL full of them with demo units in the middle and all that jazz. Demo unit in the middle of it, yeah... of a PS4 with Octodad playing,
I should've taken a pic, damn

Here in Switzerland, PS4s have been consistently selling out the day they arrive in stores. Haven't ever seen one in the wild in another store yet. As for as the XB1, we ordered 30 units in January and still have 8-9 left now.

On ricardo.ch (swiss eBay equivalent), XB1s tend to sell for cheaper than PS4s. The demand situation is pretty clear here.

tuna_love

Banned
Here in Switzerland, PS4s have been consistently selling out the day they arrive in stores. Haven't ever seen one in the wild in another store yet. As for as the XB1, we ordered 30 units in January and still have 8-9 left now.

On ricardo.ch (swiss eBay equivalent), XB1s tend to sell for cheaper than PS4s. The demand situation is pretty clear here.
So much for being neutral

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I'm not even sure what the problem is. Do you want some sort of mandate on the minimum amount of linear content in a video game?

Have you ever went to a mainstream cinema franchise and watched a 30 min movie? No because there's certain expectations both the film producers and average consumers have on what the normal length of a movie. There's category of short films but you really don't see them in those chains.

The same goes for retail game releases when a consumers buys a game with little research (that does happen), they do not expect to buy a 1 hour game especially from any reasonably well known company.

Good call.
although the difference might be smaller than that.
Last week was 1.6k in favour of ISS. With the drops this week they might be super close. Can't be arsed to do the maths :p

not sure about exactly numbers ofc.
i just wanted to be right. so < 5000 looked like a good number
it might be smaller, but maybe not that small

individual xbox one titanfall is 2 while ifss is just 1 place behind.
for all formats we got 3 vs 6

edit: titanfall third week drop 42 %
infamous 55%

all weeks for comparison

titanfall: 73% --> 42 --> 36
infamous: 67% --> 55

Foshy

So much for being neutral

hah, nice one! :)

Well, to be fair, the XB1 hasn't "officially" launched yet, so when MS drums up the publicity in September or whenever it's gonna be it might get a bit better. Not sure how much though.

The hardware itself is more readily available at GameStop/MediaMarkt/other huge retailers than the PS4 already now and every store that sells games also carries XB1 software, so it's not a matter of visibility. We'll see. As for myself, I'm certainly willing to buy one in the future if I can find it at a decent price, just for ID@Xbox.

Xater

I put more hours into it than Second Son, which I platinumed, and I'm not done with it yet. For £20.

Kf that's a terrible trend, then personally I hope I helped ruin the gaming industry... And I'd do it all over again.

But you are a weird fringe case. I played Ground Zeroes for 3 or 4 hours and was done with it. Second Son was way better value.

Bruno MB

FScg6.png

Spain:
March 2014 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 INFAMOUS: SECOND SON (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
02 (NE) PC DIABLO III: REAPER OF SOULS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
03 (NE) PS4 METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES (KONAMI)
04 (NE) PS3 FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD REMASTER (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
05 (NE) XBO TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
06 (02) PS3 FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
07 (04) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
08 (__) PC DIABLO III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
09 (NE) PS3 METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES (KONAMI)
10 (03) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It's not the shakers list, it's the overall 2014 list. TF has been in the #1 spot for, from what I recall, more than a month now.

Oh that would make sense it had the highest opening of the year, and has hung around top 3 in Pal charts.

Still infamous seems kinda low then did it sell barely any on amazon.

Oh that would make sense it had the highest opening of the year, and has hung around top 3 in Pal charts.

Still infamous seems kinda low then did it sell barely any on amazon.

It's just a small indicator of sales.
I posted it just to stop yet another PAL thread from being dominated with false information, because it's starting to be a thing in the past few weeks.

gtj1092

The Titanfall bundles price is helping it but I doubt infamous bundle not being available changes much of anything, the discount wasn't great to begin with you can now buy PS4 and infamous on it's own for roughly the same price. Neither is selling all that greatly looking about Amazon rankings so clearly this is due to lack of consumer interest.

This whole argument about infamous bundle availability seems completely pointless.

Also Infamous is far more advertised than Titanfall ever was, even now I still see infamous adverts when I don't see Titanfall.

So do you think that if 90% of ps4s sold and available had ISS bundled for free that it would still be behind titanfall in sales. We only have to look at the holidays and the KZ and knack bundleS to see that if a game comes with a majority of consoles it will continue to chart and chart high. And lol at ISS being advertised more than Titanfall. Titanfall is built into Xb1 marketing since launch and the only game they have talked about since reveal.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I posted it just to stop yet another PAL thread from being dominated with false information, because it's starting to be a thing in the past few weeks.
When you look at it sideways and then cover it in peanut butter, amazon has little bearing on reality!

Daemul

Looking at the amazon rankings it seems the 360 version of Titanfall is top of the pre orders. It wasn't even in the top 10 a few days ago iirc. It's good news, it means the servers will be full of other people to play with.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
So do you think that if 90% of ps4s sold and available had ISS bundled for free that it would still be behind titanfall in sales. We only have to look at the holidays and the KZ and knack bundleS to see that if a game comes with a majority of consoles it will continue to chart and chart high. And lol at ISS being advertised more than Titanfall. Titanfall is built into Xb1 marketing since launch and the only game they have talked about since reveal.

If Sony packed in I:SS into a £349 priced PS4 of curse it would help but that's not the price of the infamous. Hence why I was asking why said bundle would even matter when the price difference is small.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Actually thinking about the may still be consistent, considering Infamous released in the end of march whereas those games have been selling steadily for the year. If the rough 2-1 ratio of Titanfall to infamous remains true it could explain it. Did anyone actually further confirm that?

Jesus, I've just noticed that. What happened there?

The remaining amount of people still interested in Diablo bought it day one, everyone else didn't care... probably....

gtj1092

If Sony packed in I:SS into a £349 priced PS4 of curse it would help but that's not the price of the infamous. Hence why I was asking why said bundle would even matter when the price difference is small.

Maybe I'm not understanding your point then. What I'm saying is if say 10k people a week want an Xbox no matter what and say 70% of x1s available are tf bundles then automatically tf will have 7k sales for the week. Especially true since there is no extra cost so why not get the bundle with a brand new game. On the other hand if 12k people want a ps4 every week but only 40% of those consoles come with ISS and at an additional cost that only translates into 4800 bundled unit sales for ISS. All the rest are free to buy a game of their choosing to include preowned games downloaded games or none at all.

Guess I don't understand how you don't see why bundling causes a difference in sales. Or do you think Knack was really popular? Not saying titanfall isn't popular just that bundles guarantee a certain level of sales unless your console is vita level dead.

Infamous drop doesn't seem that unusual. Hard to compete with TF XB1 if the SKU everyone goes for is the TF bundle

This counts bundled games I assume? I do realize ISS had bundled to but not to the same extent

SmokyDave

Have you ever went to a mainstream cinema franchise and watched a 30 min movie? No because there's certain expectations both the film producers and average consumers have on what the normal length of a movie. There's category of short films but you really don't see them in those chains.

The same goes for retail game releases when a consumers buys a game with little research (that does happen), they do not expect to buy a 1 hour game especially from any reasonably well known company.
I'm not sure that you're qualified to speak on behalf of so many people.

Aside from that, what are the expectations for the 'normal' length of a game? Should Skyrim cost the same as The Last of Us? Should GTA5 sell for more than LEGO City Undercover? Do I get a discount on Battlefield 4 because I have no interest in MP, therefore I'm buying a 6 hour campaign? If I replay all the missions in GZ until I hit the 7 hour mark, should it really be half the price of my BF4 purchase?

These 'expectations' make no sense to me.

Guymelef

Infamous drop doesn't seem that unusual. Hard to compete with TF XB1 if the SKU everyone goes for is the TF bundle

This counts bundled games I assume? I do realize ISS had bundled to but not to the same extent

Yes, UK charts count bundles.
That's the secret of Knack success there.

Paganmoon

All in all, past 3 weeks, infamous has sold pretty poorly hasn't it? only 1:9 attach-ratio to start, and not selling lots more the weeks after.

Sucker Punch/Sony can't be too happy with those sales can they?

Titanfall proves to have legs more then ISS. Lets see where both are at during April.

no more good comparison possible after next week without knowing the 360 / one split

only interesting will be the fourth week percentage drop for infamous
titanfall will be #1 all formates (100% given)
titanfall xbox one individual formates will probably (i highly doubt doing not) stay ahead of infamous, but we cant expect to explorate the gap by numbers

depends on their expecations
i dont think infamous: second son will sell more than 2.5 mio lifetime

and that would be a freaking big 25% attach rate for 10 mio playstation 4 by the end of this year
ifss is doing okay, for what it is.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
All in all, past 3 weeks, infamous has sold pretty poorly hasn't it? only 1:9 attach-ratio to start, and not selling lots more the weeks after.

1/9 isn't bad probably better than that now as well.

Paganmoon

1/9 isn't bad probably better than that now as well.

think it sold 25k last week? how many consoles have been sold during that time though? And iirc, didn't Titanfall have 1:3 or 1:4 ratio? Thought most early adoptors would get on the infamous wagon, but apparently not.

Not going doom and gloom or anything, but just get the feeling it sold worse than was expected.

think it sold 25k last week? how many consoles have been sold during that time though? And iirc, didn't Titanfall have 1:3 or 1:4 ratio? Thought most early adoptors would get on the infamous wagon, but apparently not.

Not going doom and gloom or anything, but just get the feeling it sold worse than was expected.

me, too
but just because of one reason

the playstaion 4 success was overwhelming for sony
so they thought this could help the first party games / software in general for good sells.

but the ps4 get sold becaus of its own. because of the piece of hardware. the games are just the reason #3 or something like that. this will probably change if u get uncharted 4 or gt7, but i never heard anyone saying "omg i need to get a ps4, so i can play killzone or knack" and just a very few people say that for infamous

Looking at the Spanish and Italian charts, and knowing how bad it is for XBO in France, Germany and Northern Europe, it looks like Titanfall has done hardly anything to impact on PS4's dominance in those regions.

It looks, for all intents and purposes, that MS has lost Europe. In the UK, it seems the PS4 stock situation has been addressed and we see PS4 titles higher in the charts again, with XBO with fewer and lower in the charts sans TF.

The question is, what is the trajectory of sales for the XBO at the current rate? Can a console survive mainly just off sales in the US? Surely that hasn't happened with any console before. The US market is big, but not that big.

Top Bottom