• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 17, 2016

Rosur

Nice for Ratchet and Clank, though don't see it doing a third week thanks to Battleborn that said its still doing better than it on amazon charts.

You really think Battleborn will outsell Uncharted 4? I would so far as to say UC4 Wil outsell the PS4 and Xbox One versions of that game combined.

Battleborn is out this week, so I think he's saying that it'll be hard for Ratchet to hold onto the top spot until next week when U4 releases.

Battleborn is out this week, so I think he's saying that it'll be hard for Ratchet to hold onto the top spot until next week when U4 releases.

OK. Shows how little hype that game has that I didn't even know it released this week. The sooner they get that thing out of way and focus on Borderlands 3 the better.

Raylan

Banned
This was an actual post by someone on this board?

Well.....

wow. i so wanted to see how much R&C dropped after the film release.

i expect that UC4 should do > 200k giving the hype i am sensing. But with the slowest time of the year and Sony 1st party exclusives never big on first week numbers i doubt it. But > 115000 should be definite.

Whats the highest Sony first party PS4 exclusive have done in UK? i doubt its > 100k..

Any PR about how awesome the game has done without the hard numbers, dont make it awesome in my eyes. If the sales have not given you enough confidences to boast about the sales numbers then surely those sales are not upto your expectations and they are not awesome either.

mejin

So R&C is the newest "surprise" for Sony after Until Dawn. Two games I liked a lot, happy to see it.

Hopefully this means that Sony will finance a high budget new game in the R&C universe. Having the space travel with PS4 graphics could make for an amazing game (and perhaps would work well in VR?).

Tratorn

So R&C is the newest "surprise" for Sony after Until Dawn. Two games I liked a lot, happy to see it.

Did they mention that somewhere? I mean, I'm also pleased by its performance and I doubt Sony will be unsatisfied or even disappointed, but I'm just curious if Sony said something like that.

Rymuth

Did they mention that somewhere? I mean, I'm also pleased by its performance and I doubt Sony will be unsatisfied or even disappointed, but I'm just curious if Sony said something like that.
I think it's extrapolated due to the shipment shortages. Amazon has run out of stock and our retail insiders also commented of running out of stock in their stores. Several other NPD analysts have commented that Sony had the shipped copies based on their expectations, so they were definitely not prepared for this kind of demand.

It's selling faster than any previous Ratchet game, so I think on some level both Sony and Insomniac have to be surprised on some level. Who was really predicting that to happen? It seemed like many were expecting it to tank.

silva1991

tumblr_maihibpulS1rgedjto1_400.gif

I feel bad for not remembering this scene in the game, or is it only in the movie?

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Ratchet is over 50k in the UK nice!

This does not include digital as well so really good numbers for Ratchet! It is so great to see that the market is rewarding such a fun game!

Roufianos

Lets say Ratchet does 10k next week... Battleborn on 2(3?) platforms can't surely do worse, although individually it certainly could.

Though no idea on the sales potential Battleborn could notch up but all I see is apathy and lack on any hype on the title, but surely it'll be TV marketed and the beta may have helped (or not). Guess reviews could seal its fate.

There's a TV advert on literally every other break along with posters all over the London underground. I've even had 2 emails about it which is strange.

They're pushing it hard but unfortunately for Randy I think we all know it's gonna flop.

Hasney

There's a TV advert on literally every other break along with posters all over the London underground. I've even had 2 emails about it which is strange.

They're pushing it hard but unfortunately for Randy I think we all know it's gonna flop.

Yeah, shitty TV adverts though aimed at kids. Doom is being pretty heavily advertised too and if I knew nothing about either game, I'd go for the badass looking one with demons and metal rather than bad football commentary dubbed over a second or two of Battleborn.

It's not off to the greatest start on Steam, but probably worth checking the peak after a full day. For reference, Evolve and Brink did around 28k on their launch day peak and this is around 7k right now.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Durock

Kinect Sports Rivals came out of nowhere to place all the way up at 18th. Two years after its release and it being a Kinect exclusive game is oddly surprising. Wonder where the sudden interest came from? Was there a reprint with it at a much lower cost?

Hasney

Kinect Sports Rivals came out of nowhere to place all the way up at 18th. Two years after its release and it being a Kinect exclusive game is oddly surprising. Wonder where the sudden interest came from? Was there a reprint with it at a much lower cost?

Same with Zoo Tycoon, it's because the MS store, Amazon, Tesco and Argos all dropped the price of the Holiday Value Bundle (yes, they still have those) to £250 which has both of those games and Dance Central. Weird how Dance Central isn't there though. Wonder if that's a digital code.

jayu26

I love how every sales thread we have to remind some people how bundles work.

PAL:

- This [old] game is charting higher than it should, interesting.
- That is because bundles count.

US NPD:

- This version is higher than other version, marketing [not] working, interesting.
- Bundles don't count.

Hasney

I love how every sales thread we have to remind some people how bundles work.

PAL:

- This [old] game is charting higher than it should, interesting.
- That is because bundles count.

Eh, the last one to chart out of nowhere was Killzone and that's because Amazon reduced it to single figures. No bundles required.

jayu26

Eh, the last one to chart out of nowhere was Killzone and that's because Amazon reduced it to single figures. No bundles required.
*most of the time, lol.

...and now you are going to show me how that doesn't happen most of the time...

I'd put R&C around the 12k mark next week. And I just can't see how Battleborn, with all it's lack of excitement can't muster enough sales to beat that number. That would be pretty crazy to me.

Hasney

I'd put R&C around the 12k mark next week. And I just can't see how Battleborn, with all it's lack of excitement can't muster enough sales to beat that number. That would be pretty crazy to me.

Battleborn #1, but R&C splitting the PS4 and XB1 versions would even be a bit of a disaster I would think.

T.O.P

Banned
Goddamnit i always forget, gonna check if my GS has a R&C copy on my way home from work

Happy for Insomniac

Also, dem Forza legs :3

I can't help thinking that'll be a digital led title as well so that won't help (9 out of 10 cat owners can't be wrong).

test_account

XP-39C²
Great second week for Ratchet, I'd say decent for Yokai Watch? I mean, it'll probably fare much better in continental Europe, given the artstyle / kind of game / console on which is on. Kind of surprised Star Fox Zero didn't drop out of Individual Top 20 already in its second week.
I know that the UK marked is smaller, but is really a ~4k debut for a new IP (in Europe) like that concidered as decent? Honest question.

OK. Shows how little hype that game has that I didn't even know it released this week. The sooner they get that thing out of way and focus on Borderlands 3 the better.

I think everyone is a bit curious about how it's going to do. Is this just a case where people on this forum are letting the lack of interest here dictate what they think it'll sell, or is it just not going to do well? While Amazon isn't an exact indicator of sells, the PS4 version on Amazon UK is currently at 22 and the Xbox One version is at 48 (one place behind Quantum Break). And Ratchet is at #4 and that's nearly two weeks old now. So that's really low as big new releases generally sit in the top 10 or higher for at least a few days.

It just feels like a game that could never pick up hype no matter how hard Gearbox tried.

Hasney

I think everyone is a bit curious about how it's going to do. Is this just a case where people on this forum are letting the lack of interest here dictate what they think it'll sell, or is it just not going to do well? While Amazon isn't an exact indicator of sells, the PS4 version on Amazon UK is currently at 22 and the Xbox One version is at 48 (one place behind Quantum Break). And Ratchet is at #4 and that's nearly two weeks old now. So that's really low as big new releases generally sit in the top 10 or higher for at least a few days.

It just feels like a game that could never pick up hype no matter how hard Gearbox tried.

One factor could be that Amazon did not have a good price on Battleborn, but even Steam stats had a peak number of players of 12k as well. To put that into context, it's less than half of Evolve and even Brinks day 1, if anyone even remembers Brink. Its only 2k more than an old game like Payday 2.

Would use SteamSpy for numbers, but its not good for 2 days after release.

Top Bottom