• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 18, 2011

Kafel

Banned
Xbox 360 chart for the UK :

1. Brink (Bethesda Softworks)
2. Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney Interactive Studios)
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
4. Portal 2 (EA Games)
5. Mortal Kombat (Warner Bros Interactive)
6. MX vs ATV Alive (THQ)
7. FIFA 11 (EA Sports)
8. Operation Flashpoint: Red River (Codemasters)
9. Crysis 2 (EA Games)
10. Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar)
11. Kinect Sports (Microsoft)
12. Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (LucasArts)
13. Carnival Games: In Action! (2KPlay)
14. Halo: Reach (Microsoft)
15. Shift 2: Unleashed (EA Games)
16. Homefront (THQ)
17. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
18. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
19. Kinectimals (Microsoft)
20. Halo 3 (Microsoft)

Xbox 360 Brink sales are triple those on PS3
69% of week one sales go to Microsoft console

The Xbox 360 version of Brink has outsold the PS3 and PC versions at UK retail by a hefty margin, accounting for 69 per cent of total sales.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/28445/news/xbox-360-brink-sales-are-triple-those-on-ps3/

Opus Angelorum said:
The PSN effect is clear on that chart.

Really, is it?

I can only see CoD which is massively down over the last couple of weeks. Killzone 3 was up this week, Brink charted at number four and that is pretty much a multiplayer game. Even so, next week's chart will have the rebound effect now that PSN is back up, so we will see how much the downtime affected game sales.

bjaelke

Graphics Horse said:
2. LEGO PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN - DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS
7. LEGO STAR WARS III: THE CLONE WARS – LUCASARTS
20. LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 1-4 - WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
40. LEGO BATMAN: THE VIDEOGAME - ARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
LEGO MADNESS

m.i.s.

Banned
Yoshiya said:
I think the Lego games are fun but I'm surprised they've stayed popular for so long. I find the formula to be wearing thin.

They're essentially the same collectathon games with different thematic backgrounds. It was wearing [ice] thin quite some time ago.

I guess the movie licence really helps - and it's "child friendly".

SmokyDave

szaromir said:
Halo 3 is holding up well considering it's a 2007 game. Such a classic.
It's remarkable to see it in the charts given the number of pre-owned copies (of any game of that age) floating about. The fact it has a banging co-op campaign probably helps give it legs.

M.I.S. said:
They're essentially the same collectathon games with different thematic backgrounds. It was wearing [ice] thin quite some time ago.

I guess the movie licence really helps - and it's "child friendly".
They're coming on in leaps and bounds in the graphics department. Level and puzzle design seems to be improving too with the last couple.

The missus plays them compulsively so I get to see the evolution. I used to join in but lost my enthusiasm somewhere around Lego Batman.

I'd be there day 1 for Lego Mad Max or Lego American Psycho.

Raide

Glad for Brink. I just hope Splash Damage get those patches out quickly before people get even more annoyed with the various issues. When it works, Brink is an awesome team game.

Brink (and Homefront) just goes to show that any FPS with decent marketing is a guaranteed hit. Though PS3 owners seem less inclined to blindly buy into the hype.

MMaRsu

Banned
MrCookiepants said:
Brink (and Homefront) just goes to show that any FPS with decent marketing is a guaranteed hit. Though PS3 owners seem less inclined to blindly buy into the hype.

Uhmmm Brink hasn't been marketed that big, people were just looking forward to it.
It's certainly not as bad a game as Homefront.

test_account

XP-39C²
Jokeropia said:
Yeah I didn't think that would be the game to do it. It was a close call, though. :p
It was close indeed. It could easily have tipped under top 40, but at least it made it within top 40 :)

I didnt see your previous reply before now by the way. I agree that it shall be interesting to see what Dead or Alive will do next week. I think that it has a fairly good chance to chart.

Top Bottom