• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 18, 2016

noobie

Banned
i have a feeling that Uncharted might not have done as good as was expected,
(considering lack of first day/week sales report from Sony)
.. probably the first week numbers will be around Uncharted 3 or a bit less than that.

My memory needs a refresh, when was the last time Sony did such things as a first day/week sales report ? I remember Bloodborne having a PR when it reached 1 million but they are far from doing it for every game.

I mean we are talking about the guys who left the official numbers of Gran Turismo 6 (and GT in general) in the dark during years by not updating the website of Polyphony Digital. When every news outlet wrote that GT6 has sold something like 2,4 millon (based on a false number taken from chartzzz) what did Sony do ? Nothing.

They didn't care to make an NPD comment last month even though the PS4 wasn't down, Dark Souls III ate 70% of the share, R&C was the best launch ever for the franchise, and so is without any doubt for MLB 16.

I know Uncharted 4 is an important game, but it could be that Sony guys are less obsessed by sharing numbers than people in NeoGAF :p

Conduit

Banned
i have a feeling that Uncharted might not have done as good as was expected,(considering lack of first day/week sales report from Sony).. probably the first week numbers will be around Uncharted 3 or a bit less than that.

And why should they? There is some rule for that? Let's see, Halo 5 came out at Oct. 27, week later, MS announced $400 mil. bullshit PR. And what happened in the end?

Anyway, my prediction is around 250k for U4.

cameron

My memory needs a refresh, when was the last time Sony did such things as a first day/week sales report ? I remember Bloodborne having a PR when it reached 1 million but they are far from doing it for every game.

Was curious, too. Couldn't find any first day/week statements for big titles. Looks like UC3 had an official PR statement 9-10 days after launch. And TLoU (PS3) had an official PR statement 2-3 weeks after launch. Both were for shipped numbers.

Anyway, my prediction is around 250k for U4.
That's bold.

How many hours left til we get the charts ?

Chart up

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

- 1 UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
- 2 DOOM PS4 BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
- 3 DOOM XB ONE BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
1 4 RATCHET & CLANK PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
- 5 DOOM PC BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS

DOOM PC at 5, can not remember a PC title being so high at retail for a long time.

f@luS

More than a member.
Amazing for Uc4. And it made the collection selling as well. Ratchet holding up quite good. Sony must be happy

Uc4 sold even more than doom on all platform combined

Footos22

.. probably the first week numbers will be around Uncharted 3 or a bit less than that.

Hahahaa

silva1991

Chart up

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

1 UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
- 2 DOOM PS4 BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
- 3 DOOM XB ONE BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
1 4 RATCHET & CLANK PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
- 5 DOOM PC BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS

DOOM PC at 5, can not remember a PC title being so high at retail for a long time.

great for Uncharted

also nice to see R&C again.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So I was around 10k off. Also makes it a bigger first week than Halo 5.

...True. Oh man, oh God. Prepare the shelters, people!

Which makes me think

The truest prophet of our times indeed.

madmackem

Holy shit.
Wow some numbers those, PS3 install base would've been higher too at the time of u3?. Noobie going to spin the numbers no doubt, what's pretty crazy is everyone I game with on ps4 bought this game digitally too so it will have done decently there too.

Amazing for Uncharted.

Ratchet still holding well.

At this rate QB will be out the charts next week. So much for that titles legs and increasing visibility...

Battleborn just a complete bomb.

madmackem

Rofl around uncharted 3 eh noobie.

Kysen

i have a feeling that Uncharted might not have done as good as was expected, (considering lack of first day/week sales report from Sony).. probably the first week numbers will be around Uncharted 3 or a bit less than that.

Got any other predictions?

geordiemp

Would not be a PAL sales thread without you

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Bethesda Softworks ‘Doom’ also arrives this week comfortably making its debut at No2. It’s the first outing on PS4 and Xbox One for the series and another strong debut with sales up 67% on Doom 3.

Do we have any estimate about Doom 3?

Wow some numbers those, PS3 install base would've been higher too at the time of u3?. Noobie going to spin the numbers no doubt, what's pretty crazy is everyone I game with on ps4 bought this game digitally too so it will have done decently there too.

Assuming the typical 25-30% figure of total sales that developers and publishers attribute to digital copies, then it's anywhere from 237k to 247k.

It shows that Sony properly interesting in a comprehensive marketing campaign for a FP title unbelievably pays off!

Brilliant result for ND. My girlfriend can't stop gushing about how wonderful the game is, so I'm so eager to play it myself in a few weeks time!

Chris1

So Uncharted is about 195k? Damn

Assuming the typical 25-30% figure of total sales that developers and publishers attribute to digital copies, then it's anywhere from 237k to 247k.

It shows that Sony properly interesting in a comprehensive marketing campaign for a FP title unbelievably pays off!

Brilliant result for ND. My girlfriend can't stop gushing about how wonderful the game is, so I'm so eager to play it myself in a few weeks time!

25-30%? Lol, maybe 5% if you're lucky. Emphasis on lucky.

Loris146

This is too high , especially in the Uk.

Do you have this weeks lotto numbers perchance?

Crazy numbers for Uncharted.

It has been everywhere, havent seen a game pushed like this in the UK for some time.

TV ads, online - theres also 3 billboards dotted around Glasgow city centre. Sony and ND went all in on this one!

Chris1

Do we actually have any typical percentages either way for the UK specifically?

Every developer quote on the proportion of digital sales has been general to WW situations.

Nope but it won't be high.

Imagine if games digitally cost $90 when you could walk into the shops and buy them for $60 in USA, that's what happens in the UK.

Loris146

Digital percentage is usually at its highest in the launch week, then it slowly settles. I would think that isn't that far off IMO.

In my opinion is too high because they have terrible prices on Uk PSN.

For example Uncharted 4 is priced at 49,99 £. This is insane. You can buy the game for 42 £ on Amazon.

madmackem

Imagine if games digitally cost $90 when you could walk into the shops and buy them for $60 in USA, that's what happens in the UK.
Most shops were selling it on the high street for £44.99 it was only £5 more digitally being a first party title. I think it will have done very well digitally.

I think with Uncharted it might be bigger than the norm, as it was £49.99 digital as opposed to the usual £55/£60 but your talking 15% at tops i would guess

Chris1

In my opinion is too high because they have terrible prices on Uk PSN.

For example Uncharted 4 is priced at 49,99 £. This is insane. You can buy the game for 42 £ on Amazon.

You could even get it for £32 on amazon last week.

I think with Uncharted it might be bigger than the norm, as it was £49.99 digital as opposed to the usual £55/£60 but your talking 15% at tops i would guess

£50 is still too high lol. MS exclusives are £45 for example and I doubt they do much digitally either.

Top Bottom