• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 18, 2016

Nope but it won't be high.

Imagine if games digitally cost $90 when you could walk into the shops and buy them for $60 in USA, that's what happens in the UK.

The UK store charges a huge premium certainly compared to standard price points. But Uncharted 4 in most retailers online and offline was sold at a premium. The price differential wasn't anywhere near as large as it typically is.

Perhaps the UK summaries of the game industry last year give a good baseline digital proportion figure for the UK.

Damn, MS must be frustrated as hell seeing as QB had a similar ad campaign and still couldn't even sell a quarter of that total in its first week...

Amazing for UC4 and nice to R&C still holding on. Insomniac deserve a win.

geordiemp

Nope but it won't be high.

Imagine if games digitally cost $90 when you could walk into the shops and buy them for $60 in USA, that's what happens in the UK.

And if you have 2 Ps4's like our house you buy it digitally as both ps4 can play it, although I guess its not the norm.

Damn, MS must be frustrated as hell seeing as QB had a similar ad campaign and still couldn't even sell a quarter of that total in its first week...

I think even Remedy would not consider themselves in same bracket as ND

In my opinion is too high because they have terrible prices on Uk PSN.

For example Uncharted 4 is priced at 49,99 £. This is insane. You can buy the game for 42 £ on Amazon.

I have been saying this for so long, I got U4 delivered days before release for £36, while digital is £49.99.

To be fair, QB didnt have anywhere near the push that Uncharted 4 has got. Yeah they pushed it out on TV (but nowhere near as many spots) and QB certainly wasnt on the advertising hoarding around the stadium during CL games or on multiple billboards in Glasgow and I would imagine many other UK cities.

Like I said earlier, I havent seen a game pushed like this in the UK since GTA V. Sony really did go all in on it and its paid off handsomely.

As someone who works in advertising its always great to see a marketing strategy executed so well, congrarts to all involved!

Chris1

Prime Now had a £10 voucher on launch day when you spent over £30.

Oh maybe that's it, not sure I just know my friend said he got it last week for £32.

I think the bigger takeaway from the sales numbers is that Uncharted 4 did over 40k more than Halo 5. That's huge, even if Halo 5 was lower than usual.

Loris146

What about Ratchet's legs? Pricing the game at 39 $ ( 26 £) was a fantastic idea. They could use the same strategy for a new Crash game.

Vashetti

Banned
In my opinion is too high because they have terrible prices on Uk PSN.

For example Uncharted 4 is priced at 49,99 £. This is insane. You can buy the game for 42 £ on Amazon.

I would readily switch to digital for most titles if they matched retail prices.

I have a US account but I'd rather everything be on my UK account.

Kyonashi

Got my chart through and yeah, DOOM wasn't even close to touching Uncharted. Did okay in it's own right though.

Not as high as Wolfenstein TNO though.

EDIT: TNO was a Tuesday release, DOOM was Friday.

Hasney

Didn't think UC4 would do that many, but shows the value of a damn good marketing campaign.

RE: Doom PC at 5. Amazon had a special deal of the game and season pass bundle and they were the only place to get it. May have helped those physical sales. Hell, I even helped with a physical PC version for once.

Rozart

Damn, Uncharted.
Damn, Ratchet.

That Insomniac/Naughty Dog combo. Reminds me of the olden days.

This post is making my heart feel things abt that old school Sucker Punch/Naughty Dog/Insomniac Playstation holy trinity.

It's been too long.

madmackem

To be fair, QB didnt have anywhere near the push that Uncharted 4 has got. Yeah they pushed it out on TV (but nowhere near as many spots) and QB certainly wasnt on the advertising hoarding around the stadium during CL games or on multiple billboards in Glasgow and I would imagine many other UK cities.

Like I said earlier, I havent seen a game pushed like this in the UK since GTA V. Sony really did go all in on it and its paid off handsomely.

As someone who works in advertising its always great to see a marketing strategy executed so well, congrarts to all involved!
Qb was all over tv, it wasn't uncharted levels but make no mistake ms pushed it more than say tomb raider. You have to remember Sony is also in with uefa etc they have ps4 ads at every game anyway so it wasn't much more than the norm.

Qb was all over tv, it wasn't uncharted levels but make no mistake ms pushed it more than say tomb raider. You have to remember Sony is also in with uefa etc they have ps4 ads at every game anyway so it wasn't much more than the norm.

QB was certainly visible on UK television but again, not at the same level of Uncharted. This was on a Halo/GTA/COD level of marketing. UC4 has been the biggest push ive seen for a game in the UK for years.

Sony were confident in their product and it showed.

Top Bottom