• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 20, 2013

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Holy hell!! No Resi Revo for WiiU in the top40 individual charts????

How is that possible??? :O

3DS games doing well. This is what happens when you support your platform Nintendo.

Some of you are trying to hard xD - Revelations is available on 4 way more popular consoles, its not suprising that its not charting on WiiU, especially after the demo impressions where it runs worse than the other version. Nintendo Fans who own a WiiU probably also own it on 3DS.

DrWong

Why the surprise? Unless I broke my own sarcasm meter. It in all likelihood sold less than 1,000 units.

3DS games doing well. This is what happens when you support your platform Nintendo.

ONLY 5 DAYS OF REINVIGORED SALES. Wait til ___________________

You're doing the questions and answers here. It looks like you're arguing with yourselves.

GRW810

Nintendo fans probably bought it already on 3DS, while Sony and Microsoft fans are experiencing it for the first time.

That, and the fact no one knows Wii U exists here in UK.

Why the surprise? Unless I broke my own sarcasm meter. It in all likelihood sold less than 1,000 units.

But that's still absolutely shocking that it can't muster enough to break into the Top 40. I know it's not a new game per se but it's a new release on the system of a franchise which shouldnt have any difficulty selling even that pitiful amount.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
We won't know until some hardware numbers emerge from the fog. Certainly the software seems to be doing better judging by chart presence.

Well, I'd say that not just good presence in charts and especially top 10, but continued good presence in charts and especially top 10 is a possible sign of a good increase in hardware sales too. And titles like Luigi and Lego City Undercover just doesn't seem to stop selling.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Some of you are trying to hard xD - Revelations is available on 4 way more popular consoles, its not suprising that its not charting on WiiU, especially after the demo impressions where it runs worse than the other version. Nintendo Fans who own a WiiU probably also own it on 3DS.

The problem being of course that not enough Nintendo fans bought Revelaitons on 3DS, necessitating this port. And then Nintendo fans dont buy it again. Thats quite the old hump to ever get over to convince third parties to ever hurl exclusives onto Nintendo platforms.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The problem being of course that not enough Nintendo fans bought Revelaitons on 3DS, necessitating this port. And then Nintendo fans dont buy it again. Thats quite the old hump to ever get over to convince third parties to ever hurl exclusives onto Nintendo platforms.

The producer of the game said Revelations on 3DS is a "moderate success".

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

MHP 3rd sold over 4 million on PSP alone and still got a PS3 port - i dont see the logic behind your argument. And an exclusive RE title on WiiU would be a whole other story ;-)

Dalthien

The problem being of course that not enough Nintendo fans bought Revelaitons on 3DS, necessitating this port.

RE gets ported to everything. It has nothing to do with the sales on 3DS. It could have sold 5M on 3DS and it still would have found its way to other systems.

SmokeMaxX

Kinda shitty rationale though. I'm not saying this is the only reason, but if I bought a PS4 and found out my PS3 ran the game better, I'd buy the PS3 version. That's kinda what Nintendo's dealing with right now. I mean install base hurts, lack of marketing hurts, lack of support hurts, but there's no value in buying most games now. There isn't a system seller yet and the ports that do come either come late or are inferior. Kinda unfortunate.

I wish Digital Foundry did an Injustice breakdown. That seems to be one of the games that is at least supposed to be superior to another system's port (net issues ignored).

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The producer of the game said Revelations on 3DS is a "moderate success".

As was DmC apparently. When you have to add words before "success", chances are thats not really what they're thinking.

liger05

The 3DS HW numbers would be interesting. While it may not be selling gangbusters I would be shocked if there wasn’t a significant increase in the last couple of months as the software sales in Europe tend to suggest there should have been.

SmokyDave

Well, I'd say that not just good presence in charts and especially top 10, but continued good presence in charts and especially top 10 is a possible sign of a good increase in hardware sales too. And titles like Luigi and Lego City Undercover just doesn't seem to stop selling.
Indeed, all signs point to a rise in hardware sales. It just looks like a much healthier platform all-around in the UK these last few months.

Top Bottom