• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 21, 2015

Farming Simulator is a momumental blow for the PS4 btw. Sony probably earmarked that as a key title this year to come out on top with.

Bloodborne sales is better news though.

geordiemp

The Witcher 3 on PS4 with 63% share is very impressive when the sales gap in the UK between both consoles isnt very large.

I guess the RPG fans are mostly on ps4.

Are you sure ?

Fact or just guessing ?

I thought sales gap was only small in USA only ?

Witcher 3 was only 5% on the PC? So only 5% of players have the best version of the game? That's a disgrace.

At least a lot of people purchased the game. Happy to see it doing well.

As others have said its retail only. At this point I think they should remove PC software from the chart, the retail number is meaningless for PC.

That Tesco PS4 bundle deal including The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne sure helped.

Sony's bundles are insane this gen. I bought a PS4 3 or 4 weeks ago and it came with Bloodborne, Mortal Kombat X, The Order, DriveClub and The Last of Us for only 50 above the RRP.

Tigress

Sucks that Wolfenstein is dropping so quickly.

I'd take 1000x Wolfensteins over that Witcher nonsense any day of the week.

I might move to France, they have distinguished taste.

Those are very different games with different audiences. Not really good comparisons with each other. Both are good in their own right but if you ask me rpg >>> fps. And I'd take 1000 witchers over any FPS myself. Rpgs just are far more interesting games that keep my attention far longer and are replayable. Even good FPS's I'm ready for them to be done in 10 hours and I prefer games that keep my attention longer and have more different things to do than just the same thing (shooting) all game.

Are you sure ?

Fact or just guessing ?

im just parroting what posters in other threads have said. I remember i think it was in the thread where sales in the uk for ps4 and x1 had combined 3million. Most posters were going with 1.4-5 to 1 as of jan 2015.

Edit:i mean the gap is there but it aint as huge as some of the EU countries. The game has marketing with xbox aswell so i wasnt expecting such a large gap in software.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Wait, farming simulator is a good game? I never paid any attention to it thinking it was some cheap ass game. Is it like sim city but with farms?
It's a good selling game. If you enjoy repetitive tasks, driving strudy vehicles around and general every-day-work of a farmer then you will probably enjoy Farming Simulator. If not... you won't.

Javin98

Banned
Nice to see Bloodborne rising again and congratulations to CDP for The Witcher 3 doing so well. Off topic (not really :p), but where is that GIF of the guy lifting weights?

Raist

Banned
Are you sure ?

Fact or just guessing ?

The ratio is <2. It's probably around 1.5 or so.

That's the only bits of information we have:

PS4 at 1M - 9th Sept.
XB1 at 1M - 20th Nov.
PS4+XB1 at 3M - End of January
PS4 at 2M - 5th May

Chobel

The ratio is <2. It's probably around 1.5 or so.

That's the only bits of information we have:

PS4 at 1M - 9th Sept.
XB1 at 1M - 20th Nov.
PS4+XB1 at 3M - End of January
PS4 at 2M - 5th May

Actually PS4+XB1 at 3.3M - End of January
----------------------------------------------------------

Assuming that the Bloodborne first week number The_lascar posted two months ago was accurate, The Witcher 3 would have debuted selling around 175,000 units. 184,000 extrapolated to 100% of the market.

So
PS4: ~110.25K
XB1: ~56K
PC: ~8.75K

Using steamspy data, TW3 (steam) sold 27k in UK by the end of week 21. So that's 36K, we're still missing GOG sales though.

Pretty close. I suppose gog is only 5k.

Probably a lot buy from cdkeys nuuvem and Ukraine. They've all been really hot on HUKD

Sucks that Wolfenstein is dropping so quickly.

I'd take 1000x Wolfensteins over that Witcher nonsense any day of the week.

I might move to France, they have distinguished taste.

2 to 1 even with the marketing deal and TW2 being on the 360.

Damn

Wow, surprising.

The chart that was posted was before Witcher 3 came out. What you are seeing is broken street dates.

Judging from the reception in the UK charts witcher 3 will be number 1 for a good while.

Lucreto

I posted this in the last thread but The Witcher 3 had PS4 marketing as well in the UK. On TV. Quite a large amount in fact

Yet all I saw way Xbox advertising for the game. Nearly every ad break advertising Xbox. Didn't see any involving PS4.

Was is retailer specific marketing like GAME?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
With Vita being my favourite platform I don't really have the right to mock anything, but still I cant help but find more DS games charting than 3DS to be hilarious.

Pezus

You mean Wii land. 360 only recently overtook the Wii as best selling gen 7 console in the UK.

Anyway, Kirby was always on borrowed time, but wow at the collapse from 16 to 40...and then you the BB ascension from nearly leaving the chart to back in the top ten.

Wii hadn't been selling as well as 360 for many years. It had just built up a huge userbase very quickly like elsewhere in the world, and then it died off pretty quickly compared to 360/PS3

Yet all I saw way Xbox advertising for the game. Nearly every ad break advertising Xbox. Didn't see any involving PS4.

Sony are running an ad with Bloodborne, Witcher 3 and Batman at the moment. Between that and the majority of pre-release console footage and review copies being PS4 I think it's fair to deduce that the W3's marketing deal with MS wasn't as extensive as they usually are.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry

It was a slightly different cut of this with a slightly longer Witcher section if I recall

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg_JwOXFtu3iEtbr4ttXm9g

and with the same ending as the Xbox ad - £299 console with just the Witcher 3 box pictured, not the other 2.

I have seen them both a fairly even amount I'd say

Sony are running an ad with Bloodborne, Witcher 3 and Batman at the moment. Between that and the majority of pre-release console footage and review copies being PS4 I think it's fair to deduce that the W3's marketing deal with MS wasn't as extensive as they usually are.

This

test_account

XP-39C²
Taken from the previous PAL thread:

I think "hungry for games" are people who really play a lot (me in the age from 16 - 24), buy or rent every new release and play them through in a rather short time. People who don't game that much or just now buy a PS4/XB1 have already tons of games to play. I guess a lot of Gaffers tend to play more then the avarage population.

Edit: wait, this isn't PAL Week 21 o_O... it's buried on page 3 already
That might be, but i think most people who say it are referring to that a system "has no games", so people are just buying new games because they have nothing else to play on it.

yazanov

Banned
Genuinely surprised by the 2 to 1 ratio of the Witcher 3 sales between the PS4 and Xbox one.

I thought only Japanese RPGs favor the PS platforms and Western RPGs would be much closer ratio wise. Guess I was wrong.

Judging from the reception in the UK charts witcher 3 will be number 1 for a good while.

More like "judging from the fact that there's nothing of any sort of note hitting retail in the next couple of months", I'd say.

Witcher 3 has a clear ride for at LEAST the next four weeks, unless LEGO Jurassic World does absolutely bonkers numbers on single formats. Will probably hit #1 on the combined chart, but single formats will be more tricky.

Genuinely surprised by the 2 to 1 ratio of the Witcher 3 sales between the PS4 and Xbox one.

I thought only Japanese RPGs favor the PS platforms and Western RPGs would be much closer ratio wise. Guess I was wrong.

It's less to do with what gamers favour on which platform, to be fair, and more to to do with the difference in the installed base of the platforms. If every single console owner bought The Witcher 3, you'd see a split of 60/40. Maybe even sharper than that.

Percy

Banned

Same here, haven't seen advertising for anything Wicther related here that wasn't Xbox branded only. I tried Googling and could find videos of Witcher 3 UK TV ads for Xbox One easy enough, but couldn't find one for the PS4 version anywhere.

If there has been advertising of any kind for the PS4 version here in the UK, it most definitely isn't widespread. As you say, if it exists it's probably a retailer specific ad or something.

Batman will be huge.and the split will be even bigger

Split will be comparable to Witcher I'd guess.

Majmun

Insane ratio. Never expected that.

SE bet on the wrong horse with Tomb Raider. Unless MS gave them a ridiculous amount of money.

Bruno MB

Greece and its own microclimate, Bloodborne didn't stand a chance at beating the almighty Pro Evolution Soccer 2015.

BmPRT.png

Greece:
March 2015 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (01) PS3 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2015 (KONAMI)
02 (03) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
03 (02) PS3 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
04 (NE) PS4 BLOODBORNE (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
05 (04) PS3 GRAN TURISMO 6 (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
06 (06) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
07 (02) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
08 (__) PS3 &#925;&#914;&#913; 2&#922;15 (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
09 (NE) PS4 BATTLEFIELD: HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
10 (07) PC FOOTBALL MANAGER 2015 (SEGA)

I posted this in the last thread but The Witcher 3 had PS4 marketing as well in the UK. On TV. Quite a large amount in fact

I question this, What channels and what was the theme of the ad? Retailer specific?

I think it's weird I didn't see a single TW3 on PS4 ad yet saw multiple Farming Simulator ads...

Top Bottom