• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 28, 2014

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Mario Kart 8 having Mario Kart legs. I wonder how long can it stay in the top. And this is in UK so it is kind of surprising.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Italian Chart, Week 28

http://www.spaziogames.it/notizie_v.../200956/classifica-italiana-settimana-28.aspx

1 MINECRAFT PS3 SONY
2 WATCH DOGS PS3 UBISOFT
3 YU-GI-OH! ZEXAL WORLD DUEL CARNIVAL 3DS KONAMI
4 GTA V GRAND THEFT AUTO PS3 ROCKSTAR GAMES
5 ASSASSIN'S CREED IV BLACK FLAG PS3 UBISOFT
6 INAZUMA ELEVEN GO OMBRA 3DS NINTENDO
7 KIRBY TRIPLE DELUXE 3DS NINTENDO
8 CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS PS3 ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
9 FIFA 14 PS3 ELECTRONIC ARTS
10 TOMODACHI LIFE 3DS NINTENDO

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Mario Kart 8 having Mario Kart legs. I wonder how long can it stay in the top. And this is in UK so it is kind of surprising.
Considering the low userbase in UK and previous great sales, can we assume MK8 charts that high with more and more figures that include the bundle? If so could Wii U be above Xbox One in UK this past week?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Considering the low userbase in UK and previous great sales, can we assume MK8 charts that high with more and more figures that include the bundle?

Do UK retailers even stock the bundle in any large amount?

Italian Chart, Week 28

http://www.spaziogames.it/notizie_v.../200956/classifica-italiana-settimana-28.aspx

1 MINECRAFT PS3 SONY
2 WATCH DOGS PS3 UBISOFT
3 YU-GI-OH! ZEXAL WORLD DUEL CARNIVAL 3DS KONAMI
4 GTA V GRAND THEFT AUTO PS3 ROCKSTAR GAMES
5 ASSASSIN'S CREED IV BLACK FLAG PS3 UBISOFT
6 INAZUMA ELEVEN GO OMBRA 3DS NINTENDO
7 KIRBY TRIPLE DELUXE 3DS NINTENDO
8 CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS PS3 ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
9 FIFA 14 PS3 ELECTRONIC ARTS
10 TOMODACHI LIFE 3DS NINTENDO

What's going on here.... did yugioh become a big franchise again and I blinked and missed it?

do we have LTD numbers split for watch dogs?

Nope, we only saw the first week where the PS4 had nearly 50% of the install. It's obviously grown since then as the Xbox One version has continued to slip down the chart while the PS4 version is still sitting near the top.

KooopaKid

Banned
yW8JH.png

Germany:
Week 28, 2014 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (02) PS3 MINECRAFT - PLAYSTATION 3 EDITION (AK TRONIC)
02 (01) 3DS TOMODACHI LIFE (NINTENDO)
03 (04) PS3 FIFA FUSSBALL-WELTMEISTERSCHAFT BRASILIEN 2014 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (03) PS4 WATCH DOGS - BONUS EDITION (UBISOFT)
05 (05) PS4 FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
06 (07) WIU MARIO KART 8 (NINTENDO)
07 (10) 3DS YU-GI-OH! ZEXAL WORLD DUEL CARNIVAL BUNDLE (KONAMI)
08 (08) PS3 WATCH DOGS - BONUS EDITION (UBISOFT)
09 (20) PS3 FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
10 (13) PS3 ASSASSIN'S CREED IV - BLACK FLAG (UBISOFT)
11 (15) 3DS ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF (NINTENDO)
12 (11) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
13 (12) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
14 (06) PS4 SNIPER ELITE III - AFRIKA (BANDAI NAMCO GAMES)
15 (21) PS4 ASSASSIN'S CREED IV - BLACK FLAG (UBISOFT)
16 (26) 3DS MARIO KART 7 (NINTENDO)
17 (18) PS4 KILLZONE: SHADOW FALL (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
18 (22) 3DS POKÉMON Y (NINTENDO)
19 (09) PS3 ONE PIECE: UNLIMITED WORLD RED (BANDAI NAMCO GAMES)
20 (28) 3DS POKÉMON X (NINTENDO)
21 (36) 3DS POKÉMON ART ACADEMY (NINTENDO)
22 (31) 360 MINECRAFT - XBOX 360 EDITION (AK TRONIC)
23 (23) PS4 BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
24 (14) PS4 EA SPORTS UFC (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
25 (33) PS4 INFAMOUS: SECOND SON (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
26 (25) PS3 BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
27 (24) PC DIABLO III: REAPER OF SOULS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
28 (27) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
29 (16) PS3 SNIPER ELITE III - AFRIKA (BANDAI NAMCO GAMES)
30 (29) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
31 (19) 360 FIFA FUSSBALL-WELTMEISTERSCHAFT BRASILIEN 2014 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
32 (30) PS4 WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
33 (39) 360 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
34 (44) PC THE ELDER SCROLLS V - SKYRIM (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
35 (17) PC DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN (EUROVIDEO)
36 (42) PS3 GRAN TURISMO 6 (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
37 (38) 360 ASSASSIN'S CREED IV - BLACK FLAG (UBISOFT)
38 (49) 3DS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 (NINTENDO)
39 (45) 3DS KIRBY: TRIPLE DELUXE (NINTENDO)
40 (62) 360 FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
41 (50) PS4 NEED FOR SPEED: RIVALS (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
42 (48) PC LANDWIRTSCHAFTS-SIMULATOR 2013 (ASTRAGON)
43 (81) PC WORLD OF WARCRAFT: MISTS OF PANDARIA (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
44 (68) PC DIE SIMS 3: STARTER-SET (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
45 (57) PC STARCRAFT II: HEART OF THE SWARM (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
46 (43) PC TROPICO 5 - DAY ONE EDITION (KOCH MEDIA)
47 (64) PS3 FIFA 13 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
48 (51) PS3 THE ELDER SCROLLS V - SKYRIM (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
49 (73) PC ASSASSIN'S CREED IV - BLACK FLAG (UBISOFT)
50 (56) 3DS YOSHI'S NEW ISLAND (NINTENDO)

Top 50

PS3 - 14
PS4 - 11
3DS - 10
PC - 9
360 - 5
WIU - 1

That's a disaster for XBO.

Nope, we only saw the first week where the PS4 had nearly 50% of the install. It's obviously grown since then as the Xbox One version has continued to slip down the chart while the PS4 version is still sitting near the top.

oh ok, so do we have total sales then? im sure we had 2nd week of total sales and it was at 500k +?? i am wondering if it has reached 1m in the uk

SmokyDave

With the MK8 legs looking OK, I'm surprised that there hasn't been any other Wii U software slipping into the charts. I thought we'd at least see 3D World re-appear.

Ideally I'd like every new Wii U owner to hunt down and buy a brand new copy of Zombi U. That game deserves a port or sequel.

Majmun

whoa, no X1 game in the German top 50 chart. Ps4 is doing great there.
And Watch Dogs X1 doing pretty bad in the UK compared to Ps4 version. All multiplatform games seem to do much better on PS4.

I have a feeling that Destiny is going to widen the gap ever further.

Shantom

With the MK8 legs looking OK, I'm surprised that there hasn't been any other Wii U software slipping into the charts. I thought we'd at least see 3D World re-appear.

Ideally I'd like every new Wii U owner to hunt down and buy a brand new copy of Zombi U. That game deserves a port or sequel.

I had a look at the Wii U specific charts, expecting to see Zombi U at least in the top 5 due to its cheap price, but nope, it's nowhere. Instead both Fifa 13 and Mass Effect 3 are there. Huh.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Buying MK8 you can download for free one of the best Wii U games released so far. Yes, 3DWorld isn't in the list, but starting with a new console, I think that MK8 and one among Pikmin3, New Mario U, MHUltimate3, Zelda and others could be a good start.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
First real test of legs will be when promotion for free digital game ends.

I forgot about the deal expiring at the end of the month. MK8 should actually stay in the top until then. I wonder if it will see an increase of sales in that last week from the last minute buyers.

kekke

Banned
Why do people act so surprised with difference between PS4 and Xbox One software sales? PS4 has already installbase of 2:1 compared to Xbone WW, so where does these " whoa, what a difference!!" comments comes from?

Why do people act so surprised with difference between PS4 and Xbox One software sales? PS4 has already installbase of 2:1 compared to Xbone WW, so where does these " whoa, what a difference!!" comments comes from?

But it's nowhere near 2:1 in the UK. Plus the UK was one of the two main territories for the 360. You don't see people acting all that surprised by the Xbox One's performance in Germany because it's expected there

I agree for people gawping at the German chart, it should be expected by now. UK is less predictable, might even have a bigger ratio of XB0:pS4 than USA but impossible to tell.

Steroyd

Because this is happening in the UK, MS's second biggest market behind the US, plus it being behind the dying gen of PS3 and Xbox 360 only exacerbates the issue.

kekke

Banned
Because this is happening in the UK, MS's second biggest market behind the US, plus it being behind the dying gen of PS3 and Xbox 360 only exacerbates the issue.
MS should really try harder to gain those 360 players who are planning moving on to new gen. They are doing horribly on that front too.

SmokyDave

Buying MK8 you can download for free one of the best Wii U games released so far. Yes, 3DWorld isn't in the list, but starting with a new console, I think that MK8 and one among Pikmin3, New Mario U, MHUltimate3, Zelda and others could be a good start.
Aye, the free game promotion is probably having an effect on additional software purchases, I'd forgotten about that.

MK8 has a BOGOF offer so people might be satisfied with it and one of the free titles rather than spending more money.

Good grief at that Watch Dogs split. It's somewhat surprising as the data shows there's not that big a gap between the two.

Something very strange going on with X1 software consistently being as low as it and yet still managing to be very close to the PS4 in terms of software revenue.

First real test of legs will be when promotion for free digital game ends.

First real test will probably be when Nintendo stop selling the MK8 bundle.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Good grief at that Watch Dogs split. It's somewhat surprising as the data shows there's not that big a gap between the two.

Something very strange going on with X1 software consistently being as low as it and yet still managing to be very close to the PS4 in terms of software revenue.

First real test will probably be when Nintendo stop selling the MK8 bundle.

Maybe it's the Titanfall bundle revenue altering that?

Wouldn't the Watch Dogs and Infamous: SS bundles counter that though, pushing the PS4 software revenue even higher?
No, those bundles are not the default hardware like the Titanfall bundle. Titanfall plus an XB1 is the same price or usually cheaper than the standalone green box SKU. With the PS4 plus WD or Infamous bundles people have to pay more money so they are less likely to buy those bundles in general, that can he seen by the lower rank of the Infamous bundle in the monthly Amazon ranking than the Standalone PS4 SKU.

Titanfall is a free pack in that Chart Track add around £37 revenue to per sale. It skews the market share figures and will do until the current gen market gets bigger and MS discontinue the bundle.

No, those bundles are not the default hardware like the Titanfall bundle. Titanfall plus an XB1 is the same price or usually cheaper than the standalone green box SKU. With the PS4 plus WD or Infamous bundles people have to pay more money so they are less likely to buy those bundles in general, that can he seen by the lower rank of the Infamous bundle in the monthly Amazon ranking than the Standalone PS4 SKU.

Titanfall is a free pack in that Chart Track add around £37 revenue to per sale. It skews the market share figures and will do until the current gen market gets bigger and MS discontinue the bundle.

Ah, okay. That makes sense.

I guess we'll see how far behind MS fall in software revenue without the TF bundle pretty soon if the rumours of a new white SKU are true.

Top Bottom