• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 29, 2015

Loudninja

Boooooo

Do you think I have a point though? With Germany sown up and France not far behind, it seems to make sense to pander to the French people and raise the profile of a show that wouldn't ordinarily have such a high profile. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of megatons there too just to keep the pot boiling.
Hmm I dont know I think they just spreading out announcements more.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1041667

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-to-skip-gamescom-press-conference/1100-6427134/

Is it that bad a deal, you can pick GOW3 up for under £25 and reviews seems to point to it being very well done.

Maybe calling a bad deal it's a bit of an exaggeration, but it's still a remaster of a single game with no gameplay addiction, and while it looks great on PS4 it's still an incredible looking game on PS3, with a framerate already quite satisfyng for the tipe of game that it is.
So, maybe not a bad deal, but I don't think it is a game that screams for the necessity to upgrade.

Phamit

Boooooo

Do you think I have a point though? With Germany sown up and France not far behind, it seems to make sense to pander to the French people and raise the profile of a show that wouldn't ordinarily have such a high profile. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of megatons there too just to keep the pot boiling.
I think Sony is way ahead in France too and probably don't need to worry because they have the japanese games

Bruno MB

Yes, MCV magazine keeps publishing those monthly charts. I've been thinking many times about collecting the data to post it here but I'm too lazy :p

I guess I'll do it next month, I'll compile all sales data for the first half of the year.

UK Software Sales chart (units, retail only) for the first half of 2015.

6XuSQZr.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1083623

Thanks Bruno.

Interesting how the PS4/XB1 are the only platforms pushing growth. Also surprisingly big drop in Vita and PC software sales.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I think Sony is way ahead in France too and probably don't need to worry because they have the japanese games

I don't think it's about 'worrying'. When fans on sites say something is 'done' or 'dead', it tends to be an exaggeration but there's no doubt that the XB1 is dead in Germany. That can't quite be said just yet about France. I think Sony want to make sure it can.

stryke

Rory Stays On Par

27/Jul/2015

Rory McIlroy’s second week at No1 is a first for a golf game in the UK – EA’s ‘Rory McIlroy PGA Tour’ manages back-to-back No1 aces from launch at the Top of the All Formats Top 40 Chart (-56%) as we round off the last week of July.

There are no new releases this week so it is pretty much just a shuffling of the pack. Warner climb 2 places with ‘Lego Jurassic World’ (-8%) and Warner are also No3 with ‘Batman: Arkham Knight’ (-28%). Codemasters’ ‘F1 2015’ drops 2 places to No4 (-55%) and Take 2 stay at No5 for a fourth week in a row with ‘GTA V’ – unit sales on this title have been gradually increasing for the past 3 weeks (+8%).

Last week’s second biggest new release ‘God of War III: Remastered’ by Sony for PS4 drops 6 places to No15 (-37%) and Ubisoft’s ‘Trials Fusion: The Awesome Max Edition’ enters the Chart at No37 (+70%) having debuted last week outside of the Top 40.

1. Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
2. LEGO Jurassic World
3. Batman: Arkham Knight
4. F1 2015
5. GTA V

Individual

Bruno MB

I will post this week's thread a little bit later than usual. I don't think it will be a problem since it is a very boring chart, very slow period of sales and releases.

Hasney

Hmm very small drop for GOW3.

Yeah, didn't sell a big amount to start with so they typically see less of a drop. If it dropped 50-70% like big releases, it might not have stayed in the chart at all. Although the slow chart could have helped that.

DrWong

France week 29 (value based). I took the liberty to indicate the SRP based on Amazon FR. Let me know if it's not necessary and/or wrong somewhere:

1 - Batman : Arkham Knight PS4 - Warner Interactive (€44,99)
2 - God Of War 3 Remastered PS4 - Sony (€39,99)
3 - Splatoon Wii U - Nintendo (€39,99)
4 - F1 2015 PS4 - Bandai Namco Entertainment (€69,99)
5 - GTA V PS4 - Take-Two Interactive (€69,99)

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
France week 29 (value based). I took the liberty to indicate the SRP based on Amazon FR. Let me know if it's not necessary and/or wrong somewhere:

3 - Splatoon Wii U - Nintendo (€39,99]
Splatoon shows legs in France as well :)

DarkTom

3 - Splatoon Wii U - Nintendo (€39,99]

Nothing stops Splatoon in France. France is the more "Japan-like" country confirmed.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Boooooo

I think you make a perfect point. Its obviously correct to me.

Top Bottom