• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 42, 2010

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
miladesn said:
SEGA should have showed the game to FOX News or something:lol , they could get lots of free publicity and maybe the game wouldn't tank like this.
That didn't work so well for Manhunt 2. :p

nli10

Chris1964 said:
What are these ''so much data''? We have gotten leaked software numbers before.

In fact monthly sales awards are gone.

The main difference is these are on UKIE's website but essentially they just gave us the blurb that CHart-track base their write up on. I totally agree - we are getting less data without the sales awards, I'm just hoping that the 'new' company are playing catch-up (or planning a new system with a more evenly spaced system).

That data is mistaken for the top ten in some places though (but most people here spotted that).

UK
Week 42 - with combined chart positions.

1. Fallout: New Vegas 154,076
2. Medal of Honor 102,874
3. FIFA 11 68,812
4. Professor Layton and the Lost Future 59,348
5. Just Dance 2 57,245

12. Vanquish 10,003

23. EA Sports MMA 4,772
25. DJ Hero 2 4,352

This means that there are no hidden cliffs in the numbers and that as we know outside of the top 10 / new release success part of the chart the curve is fairly smooth and 1,000 copies can make a massive difference.

I'm sure someone with a more awake brain and better maths skills could take the MCV market size for the week, take off the top 5 as listed here and produce a curve that'd be a fair approximation for the rest of the chart, but I'm not sure what it'd tell us really.

This week Fable 3 seems likely to top the chart, a fair amount of adverts for the Nintendo Red hardware though too.

Kittonwy

Banned
Bernbaum said:
ctrl+f Enslaved...

Nnnnoooooooooooooooo! :(

I wonder what Ninja Theory is going to blame this on now given Enslaved is multiplatform.
Indifferent2.gif

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
DR2K said:
It's funny how the sequels of Bioshock and Uncharted added multiplayer.(and sold more)

I think the PS3 price drop helped more than anything. The system was too expensive when Uncharted came out. Still not surprised that Killzone 2 and God of War III sold faster since those had prior installments on PS2. Building a new franchise around pricey hardware is an uphill battle. (edit: American sales)

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Kittonwy said:
I wonder what Ninja Theory is going to blame this on now given Enslaved is multiplatform.
Indifferent2.gif

"There is a lot of anti-Namco bias in the industry that we are getting caught up in." :lol

nli10

Kittonwy said:
I guess they can blame it on the DmC hate.

Dropped from 11 to 31 in the combined chart.

I want the game, but not at £40 and not now (no time!) so it'll be interesting to see if it hangs around at the lower price points and keeps selling due to word of mouth (buzz is that it's short but worth playing - is that correct?)

Canova

Banned
Vanquish bombed. Not that I didn't see it coming

Japanese developers shoulda known better than to make shooters. They aint' gonna get the market. What a waste of time and talent

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
cjelly said:
Rock band 3 has debuted at #26 in All Formats. Surprised Fable is #1. Thought it would get pipped by Star Wars.

Mega bomb for Rock Band 3. But not suprising at all. Probably sold only 3000 copies.
When I got the game on Friday it wasn't even on display, they had to look in the stock room for it and only in very limited quantities for all formats.

GH:WOR sold alot better than this and it was declared a sales disappointment.

dolemite

Here’s the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top Ten (for the week ending October 30th):
1. Fable III (Microsoft)
2. FIFA 11 (EA)
3. Fallout: New Vegas (Bethesda)
4. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
5. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (LucasArts)
6. Medal of Honor (EA)
7. WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 (THQ)
8. Professor Layton and the Lost Future (Nintendo)
9. The Sims 3 (EA)
10. PES 2011 (Konami)
Fable III is the new UK No.1, having debuted in top position in its first week of release in the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40.

It betters the week one sales performance of its predecessor Fable II by just 6,000 copies, becoming the 13th biggest UK Xbox 360 launch ever and the fourth biggest Xbox 360 launch of the year. It’s Microsoft’s third No.1 of 2010 following the success of Halo: Reach and Crackdown 2.

In 2009 the platform holder managed just one No.1 – Halo 3: ODST.

Also debuting in the Top Ten this week is LucasArts’ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, which claims fifth place. There is also a re-entry for The Sims 3, which sees sales skyrocket following the release of the game on consoles. Some discounting for PES 2011 also sees Konami’s title creep back into the top quarter of the charts.

New entries elsewhere in the Top 40 include The Sims 3: Late Night in 15th and Koch’s The X Factor in 37th.
EA’s high-profile music title Rock Band 3 manages just 26th in its first week of release. It’s not the only struggling music game, wither, with Activision’s DJ Hero 2 slipping from 25th to 39th on its second week of release.

Elsewhere in the listings Capcom’s Dead Rising 2 falls out of the Top Ten to 22nd, Sega’s Vanquish slips from 16th to 28th and Namco Bandai’s Enslaved drops three places to 34th despite an increase in sales.
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/41574/UK-CHARTS-Fable-III-dethrones-Fallout
Wasn't Medal of Honor 360 declared the 4th biggest 360 debut of the year? Fable 3 now takes this honor.

Mafro

Not surprised at all with Rock Band 3 bombing, the launches for the other two mainline games have been a bloody shambles and barely any effort has gone into advertising it. EA/MTV Games have a lot to answer for.

gerg

cjelly said:
Rock band 3 has debuted at #26 in All Formats. Surprised Fable is #1. Thought it would get pipped by Star Wars.

It doesn't surprise me. Sure, Rock Band 3 added a whole lot of new features, but the new features it did add catered to an increasingly small segment of the larger market.

Prine

Banned
Whats even more surprising is that it opened higher than Fable 2. There was no hype for the game...in contrast to its predecessor.

Go Moleynuex! There isn't game as charming as Fable 3, it should be supported on that basis alone.

Road

Fable II opened with 123k (90% of the market).

Edit: Oh, there are numbers now in the new thread. =P

Top Bottom