• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 42, 2014

Surprised at Singstar coming in so low. Really should have been advertised more I guess, seems like the perfect differentiating party game with the run up to Christmas.

Can the basic Singstar app not be downloaded for free?

Sony should do a PS4 party bundle in Europe this Christmas with Singstar, Just Dance and the Camera.

Looks like that PS4 bundle with Minecraft and FIFA did quite well.

Sing star slow out of the gate but then it just seemed to have been pushed out and got no promotion. Doubt a marketing budget exists on that title.

Xater

People are celebrating Bayonetta at 7? It's probably a really low number after all these real heavy hitters. I'd also expect it to plummet the week after.

CozMick

Banned
I'm surprise Driveclub still there when the online debacle continues.

The game is "working" apart from sending and receiving challenges.

Single player, face offs, multiplayer, clubs.....all there and ready to go. Don't see why people wouldnt buy it now.

Its working more than most games did at launch, albeit 3 weeks later :p

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
People are celebrating Bayonetta at 7? It's probably a really low number after all these real heavy hitters. I'd also expect it to plummet the week after.

being 6 in the individual chart is very good for bayonetta 2.
happy to see it charting in UK, I wonder if it will have even better positions in other markets such as France and Germany

Atram

This is the best we could expect on WiiU in UK in this Time. So why not celebrating? it could be even more worse...

For a niche title on a failed console with an audience that generally turns it's nose up at anything not involving a moustachioed plumber, only getting beaten by FIFA and Minecraft is pretty spectacular, even if those titles have had their peak sales.

Loudninja

The game is "working" apart from sending and receiving challenges.

Single player, face offs, multiplayer, clubs.....all there and ready to go. Don't see why people wouldnt buy it now.

Its working more than most games did at launch, albeit 3 weeks later :p
Right.

Raist

Banned

Below FIFA 15 PS3, which was at 16.5k last week.
So Bayo2 is most likely sub 15k at the very least.

edit: France Week 42

01 (NE) PS4 THE EVIL WITHIN (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
02 (01) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (02) PS4 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (03) 3DS SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR NINTENDO 3DS (NINTENDO)
05 (NE) XB1 THE EVIL WITHIN (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)

Why are people saying it is good that bayo beat the retail version of civ. I am more surprised the retail version charted isn't 90% sales of pc games digital?

Hmm so Bayonetta 1 doesn't get a chance to chart again despite coming with the first print and special editions. I guess chart-track could have tracked the SKUs separately instead.

But don't forget that other Nintendo published game to come out this week:
11 11 FIFA 15 EA CANADA EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
13 12 PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE MIRACLE MASK LEVEL 5 NINTENDO NINTENDO
- 13 DISNEY MAGICAL WORLD H.A.N.D. INC. NINTENDO NINTENDO
12 14 THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY: CURTAIN CALL INDIESZERO SQUARE ENIX SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
More like Magical Bomba...maybe if it came out when the US version did people might have cared a bit more.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wii U specific top 20

10 13 FIFA 13 EA CANADA EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
13 14 DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE RETRO STUDIOS NINTENDO NINTENDO
14 15 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: THE WIND WAKER NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO

...WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Percy

Banned
Okay for Bayonetta I guess... was hoping for higher though.

Not selling Singstar with actual mics was probably not a great idea. That phone app shit wasn't a great idea to be going all in with.

I guess tht rise shows Destiny is here to stay. Haters be damned.

Yeah, I did have a chuckle about some of the predictions of it dropping out of the charts soon when I saw that :)

Bayonetta 2 debuting above Civ is good.

Hardly.

Still, not a bad debut for Bayo 2, will undoubtedly collapse next week though. Also looks like the MC/Fifa bundle is paying off well for Sony.

Both games getting a nice boost confirms demand is still strong for the console.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Bayonetta 2 failed to exceed Hyrule Warriors week 1 numbers. Unsure if this should be surprising or not

Well, you're comparing a Zelda spin-off with a sequel to a critically acclaimed, but not that much mainstream sequel, it could be not that surprising...or maybe it is, but I don't know XD But seriously, how much behind is it?

Top Bottom