• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 44, 2010

I wonder if the 360 / PS3 versions sold more than their respective versions last year. Could very well be the Wii version pushing it over the top.

dabra

2zidg7c.png

Spain:
October 2010

01 (__) [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
02 (__) [PS3] Fifa 11
03 (01) [PS3] F1 2010
04 (__) [360] Fifa 11
05 (__) [PS2] Fifa 11
06 (__) [WII] Wii Party
07 (__) [360] Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
08 (__) [PSP] Fifa 11
09 (__) [PS3] Medal of Honor
10 (04) [360] F1 2010

It appears Nintendo spent some more money on advertising DQIX. I've seen quite a few TVCMs today. I think it's quite likely to see the game climbing the charts again in Week 46.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
A record-breaking performance from Call of Duty: Black Ops has seen it rocket to the top of the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 this week.

However, the new COD wasn’t the only new release on the market this week – there was the little matter of Microsoft’s Kinect as well.

We haven’t yet seen the sales numbers for the peripheral itself, but eight Kinect games entered the UK Top 40 this week, lead by Kinect Sports which debuted at No.4.

The other Kinect games to make the listings were Microsoft’s Kinect Sports (fourth), Dance Central (13th), Ubisoft’s Motion Sports 15th) and Fighters Uncaged (23rd), Kinectimals (26th), Kinect Joy Ride (30th), Ubisoft’s Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (33rd) and Sega’s Sonic Free Riders (38th).

THQ’s Biggest Loser as well as Konami duo Crossboard 7 and Dance Evolution failed to enter the Top 40.

For comparison, following PlayStation Move’s arrival in September three games entered the UK charts – Sony’s Sports Champions (which impressively captured second place) and Start the Party (29th), as well as Ubisoft’s Racket Sports (32nd).

Here’s the UKIE ELSPA GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top Ten in full (for the week ending November 13th):
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
2. FIFA 11 (EA)
3. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
4. Kinect Sports (Microsoft)
5. Football Manager 2011 (Sega)
6. Professor Layton and the Lost Future (Nintendo)
7. Fallout: New Vegas (Bethesda)
8. New Super Mario Bros (Wii)
9. The Sims 3 (EA)
10. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (LucasArts)

I thought Dance Central would be the best selling Kinect game not the Wii Sports clone.

navanman said:
I thought Dance Central would be the best selling Kinect game not the Wii Sports clone.
Guess people really like their Sports motion games. It and DC are the best received of the Kinect launch titles, feedback on Rare's game seems to be pretty good.

derFeef

Well done Rare, Sports is my favourite Kinect game (from the limited time I had to play the games). DC that low is a bit surprising though.

gerg

derFeef said:
DC that low is a bit surprising though.

It doesn't surprise me. Just Dance 2 is a good game that is cheaper to buy and is on a cheaper, rival system.

Of course, Dance Central may have good word of mouth that causes its sales to grow, but I was always sceptical that it would sell more than Just Dance 2 from the start, at least.

Dabanton

derFeef said:
Well done Rare, Sports is my favourite Kinect game (from the limited time I had to play the games). DC that low is a bit surprising though.

It's an unknown quantity to most people. Hopefully it gets legs like the first Just Dance and builds from their.

I've also started seeing more ads for it on TV this week.

Carl

Dabanton said:
It's an unknown quantity to most people. Hopefully it gets legs like the first Just Dance and builds from their.

I've also started seeing more ads for it on TV this week.

I still haven't seen a single advert yet...?

Carl said:
I still haven't seen a single advert yet...?

What have you been watching? :lol

I've seen blanket advertising for Kinect (a standalone ad, with no games featured - just lots of shots of people dancing, jumping etc.), Kinect w. Kinect Sports (similar ad, just with the game featured at the end) and Dance Central (similar style, but slightly different music/editing and featuring the game at the end) for around a week now, especially on ITV.

I haven't seen any advertising for the other launch titles, but KS and DC have both had a big push.

Not sure if anyone could estimate figures, but it seems as though Kinect Sports will be under 40k, and Dance Central could be down somewhere below 20k, with the other titles likely all under 10k (and Sonic probably sub-5k :lol )

Carl

Cosmonaut X said:

I've seen blanket advertising for Kinect (a standalone ad, with no games featured - just lots of shots of people dancing, jumping etc.), Kinect w. Kinect Sports (similar ad, just with the game featured at the end) and Dance Central (similar style, but slightly different music/editing and featuring the game at the end) for around a week now, especially on ITV.

I haven't seen any advertising for the other launch titles, but KS and DC have both had a big push.

Not sure if anyone could estimate figures, but it seems as though Kinect Sports will be under 40k, and Dance Central could be down somewhere below 20k, with the other titles likely all under 10k (and Sonic probably sub-5k :lol )

Mostly watch Dave or Sky 3 to be honest...Usually can't escape gaming adverts but not seen a single one for Kinect. Maybe i just watch at the wrong times! :p

Lagspike_exe said:
Can we extrapolate Kinect Sports numbers?

Probably not, unless there's more infor forthcoming, but with Just Dance 2 dropping 22% to around 46k last week, it seems likely that KS will be somewhere below that figure (unless JD2 has had a resurgence).

Spiegel

Call of Duty: Black Ops has made a, quite frankly, massively stonking revenue of £113 million as it sells 2 million units in the UK to go number one, Chart-Track’s announced.

2 millions :lol

Dabanton

Cosmonaut X said:

I also kept seeing Kinect adverts from Tesco as well a lot last nights during X-Factor

Top Bottom