• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 47, 2012

Dabanton

Well at least the Wii U should bring some fun back to the Pal charts will be interesting to see how the games do week on week.

As for PSASBR is anyone surprised it sunk without trace this week. Some people thought it would be a 'slow burner' lol

madmackem

Download sales need to be shown otherwise it looks like UK is becoming a 3rd world country for game sales, that isn't Fifa or COD.

Becoming? it already is. Its on the bones of its arse as the saying goes. Its going to be an interesting 12 months, sony and ms need to pay attension to what looks like is happening to wii u and react. A super expensive new console with a little better looking cod and fifa isnt going to get money out of peoples wallets.

Endo Punk

If the WiiU can't revitalize the market than UK has truly shifted toward smart phone gaming and ain't coming back. Doesn't help that we are still in a recession, goddammit.

Sandfox

I expected higher Wii U Just Dance sales for some reason.

Anyway, Ubisoft isn't likely to see much of a return on investment with those numbers.

I'm sure they didn't expect much since almost all of their games are late ports and ZombiU did ok despite its bad reviews. They probably want the Just Dance community to move to the Wii U though.

Pranay

If the WiiU can't revitalize the market than UK has truly shifted toward smart phone gaming and ain't coming back.

Wii U was never gonna change the market.

Im pretty sure everyone knows that by now once we came to know more about the market,

If their is gonna be a change it will come from ms/sony

gogogow

I expected higher Wii U Just Dance sales for some reason.

Anyway, Ubisoft isn't likely to see much of a return on investment with those numbers.

More worryingly for Nintendo, it's the same for Just Dance 4.

...let's not even talk about CoD. Shocking. Probably got outsold by the Vita spinoff.

Pretty sure, the people who cares about JD4 would've bought it for the Wii, not to mention the huge discrepancy in userbase. Not surprising that there's a chance Blops 2 was/is gonna be outsold by the Vita version. Good or not, the Vita version is a original game, whereas with Blops 2, people would rather get it for the PS3/360 where there's loads of people playing and their friends are on there.

Frillen

Well broke and the previous big hitters just coming out. I'm sure most are waiting till christmas..hopefully sony will step up the ads before then. - I've not seen any as AR said - they want it tho :p

It's full price in stores due to being cross-buy probably.

Wow, you're actually trying to defend it. Why not try to be disappointed by the fact that your favorite title has bombed?

Vita version definitely sold way more. It's in the top 40 revenue chart(has been since it came out), Wii U version is no where to be seen.

m.i.s.

Banned
The other consoles are going to face that too, they are going to be double if not more the price of the current systems. Like you say the economy is in the bin and ios has brought a whole other market to the table. I really worry that this next round of consoles are going to have serious issues sales wise in the uk.

Both the 360 and PS3 are holding steady; there sales haven't collapsed. They'll be in a much stronger position when they come to launch their respective successors. A clear generational leap will bring in customers from 360 and PS3. And this time, there just won't be a $599 debacle.

Wii U falls in the classic "between two stools" market position. It will be neither as powerful as the forthcoming 720 or PS4 nor does it cater to the casuals by virtue of it's high price and that group having moved on to tablets and smartphones. That gap in the market will be fully exploited by Sony and Microsoft.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Honestly? I think it looks dreadful so am maybe a bit biased.
But I don't see any reason to pick it up.

I was saying the same thing about Heavy Rain (ie not going to do well sales-wise), it ended up selling 2+ million copies. So it seems like there are people interested in these kinds of games.

Endo Punk

Wii U was never gonna change the market.

Im pretty sure everyone knows that by now once we came to know more about the market,

If their is gonna be a change it will come from ms/sony

The guys that have been following Nintendo with motion controls? Yeah we are done for.

Pooya

Can we get a good summary of all wii u data

Wii U hardware:

60% Nintendo Land Bundles.
30% ZombiU Bundles.
10% Basic

Wii U Software

Assassin's Creed III, 3% or 1618 copies.
Call of Duty Black Ops II 1%
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed 38%
Just Dance 4 3%

The only 3 games charting, there are no Wii U only charts on the site yet.
1- Nintendo Land* (rumored to be 26k on here)
2- New Super Mario Bros U
3- ZombiU*

*including hardware bundles.

I'd wait for the next Sony & MS consoles before making that sort of assessment.

Somewhat true. But it's easy to forget how they struggled before prices started falling. It should be a priority to have hardware they can launch at £200 / $300. There's plenty of room for a good balance between upgrade and economy there. It's a changed market, whatever we think.

Dabanton

I was saying the same thing about Heavy Rain (ie not going to do well sales-wise), it ended up selling 2+ million copies. So it seems like there are people interested in these kinds of games.

I think Heavy Rain had the appeal of looking absolutely brilliant. Those graphics are not as much as a wow now. I think it will do well but I'm not expecting HR numbers.

Both the 360 and PS3 are holding steady; there sales haven't collapsed. They'll be in a much stronger position when they come to launch their respective successors. A clear generational leap will bring in customers from 360 and PS3. And this time, there just won't be a $599 debacle.

Wii U falls in the classic "between two stools" market position. It will be neither as powerful as the forthcoming 720 or PS4 nor does it cater to the casuals by virtue of it's high price and that group having moved on to tablets and smartphones. That gap in the market will be fully exploited by Sony and Microsoft.

The price needs to come down immediately, that's for certain. Short term pain is much better than having a product sunk within months, and that does happen. You need to get in there before retailers start de-prioritising it.

Sandfox

The real thing to watch out for is to see whether people want to upgrade/buy more expensive consoles when they can play Fifa and CoD on the 360 and PS4. People will obviously upgrade but its going to be interesting to see how fast they are willing to.

Somewhat true. But it's easy to forget how they struggled before prices started falling. It should be a priority to have hardware they can launch at £200 / $300. There's plenty of room for a good balance between upgrade and economy there. It's a changed market, whatever we think.

I'll be shocked if they launch for less than $400.

Pranay

I think Heavy Rain had the appeal of looking absolutely brilliant. Those graphics are not as much as a wow now. I think it will do well but I'm not expecting HR numbers.

After Seeing walking dead sucesss , you never know.

All walking dead games topped every psn chart when released and first 2 games also was given away free and still it didnt affect any sales.

Their is a fanbase who love playing such games

The real thing to watch out for is to see whether people want to upgrade/buy more expensive consoles when they can play Fifa and CoD on the 360 and PS4. People will obviously upgrade but its going to be interesting to see how fast they are willing to.

I'll be shocked if they launch for less than $400.

Then they've either overstepped the mark on the hardware / overestimated the market or want to keep the predcessor consoles tempting for a while longer.. They'd launch well to their target market at that price, but flounder until prices drop.

Sandfox

After Seeing walking dead sucesss , you never know.

All walking dead games topped every psn chart when released and first 2 games also was given away free and still it didnt affect any sales.

Their is a fanbase who love playing such games

The Walking Dead also has the advantage of being a really popular series at the moment; It just happened to end up being a really good game as well.

Pranay

The Walking Dead also has the advantage of being a really popular series at the moment; It just happened to end up being a really good game as well.

Fair enough but i feel it will do well.

Nothing extra ordinary but well 1.5/2 million WW

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Awful numbers for ACIII and BO2.
At least, it seems Sonic can always find home on a Nintendo console. Even if it debuts as bad as Wii U ( despite the low shipment for the launch, as Wexland stated, it's a bad debut)

Dabanton

The other consoles are going to face that too, they are going to be double if not more the price of the current systems. Like you say the economy is in the bin and ios has brought a whole other market to the table. I really worry that this next round of consoles are going to have serious issues sales wise in the uk.

Wii launch only had zelda and wii play cracking the top ten.

The thing is as long as an item is 'hot' it will sell. Even in this climate.

The most important game for the Wii Launch wasn't even for sale Wii Sports was the Wii Launch. That was the game that everyone wanted. A true 'Killer app'.

I mean people who had never even considered getting a console wanted to play that game it was a must have that christmas.

And thats what this launch is missing that kind of game. Nintendoland is not a good replacement for the Wii Sports style experience.

Kenka

Awful numbers for ACIII and BO2.
At least, it seems Sonic can always find home on a Nintendo console. Even if it debuts as bad as Wii U ( despite the low shipment for the launch, as Wexland stated, it's a bad debut)

You can get a WiiU anywhere in Switzerland. Just walk in, don't get confused by the lack of advertisements or the WiiU games being indistinctly shelved inbetween Wii games and you're ready to take one under the arm.

By all accounts, this launch is a catastrophy.

Mpl90

You can get a WiiU anywhere in Switzerland. Just walk in, don't get confused by the lack of advertisements or the WiiU games being indistinctly shelved inbetween Wii games and you're ready to take one under the arm.

By all accounts, this launch is a catastrophy.

Well, we're talking about UK situation here, not Switzerland :p

Endo Punk

Bollocks, we just trade games in now or buy them from CEX for a tenner.

You can't look at increasingly irrelevant, and gap-filled, sales data and assume its the 2nd big games industry crash.

Yeah I am sort of guilty of that too lol. At this point last gen game prices decreased to £30 and now they are increasing to £45-£50. It's ridiculous and developers only have themselves to blame.

Mpl90

For those wondering when we should get European numbers.

Nintendo Wii - launched on December 8th - numbers released on December 12th
Nintendo 3DS - launched on March 25th, numbers released on April 1st ( no joke XD )

Kosma

Banned
So BLOPS2 sold less then 1000 copies for 40k WiiU sales?

Great attach rate for the biggest game of the year.

Top Bottom