• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 49, 2007

Hammer24 said:
I know its available online, but she wanted to buy it yesterday in store - not available in Chemnitz (ACC, Sachsenallee, Röhrsdorf Center etc.)
Ok, I knew you're from Germany so I thought Amazon was good to go. I rather buy stuff online - less hassle and cheaper prices but each to his own I guess.

Moonstone said:
I did search this news on the media control website, but I couldn't find anything about it.
There is no news from the 12.12.
Is this a fake or a leak ? Seems a little to high for my taste. Remember it is just one week.
If you quadruple the numbers nintendo and Sony would sell as many consoles in december as they sold in the whole year.
They don't give away such information for free. It's probably a leak.

While it's high, it's definetly in-line with the christmas shopping season (which is simply huge, esp. for higher value goods). Wii wasn't sold out for the second half of the year in Germany but now Amazon is sold out again and at least in my town the retailers are as well. PS3 had another price drop and a new system and PES, sales are bound to go up. It's also very heavily being advertised (I haven't seen too many ads before but this weekend I was bombarded with Uncharted ads).

Moonstone

They don't give away such information for free. It's probably a leak.

I know, but occasionally they do.
Given the october sales, I find it highly unlikely.

Numbers for october 2007:
PS3 37,000
Wii 28,000
Xbox360 12,000

wii sells double in one week what they did in a whole month ? This is even for christmas to high.

Plus the post is formated like a typical gamefront news and media control always give out rounded and monthly numbers when they release numbers. This is no real counterargument when it's a leak but ...

It would be more suitable if these numbers were the november monthly sales, but why should the xbox go down and PS3 stay at this number ? Some dubious commentsection of a dubious website doesn't make it trustworthy either.
I'd say it's a fake. If not it's great news for console gaming in germany.

But I agree, Ps3 will have a very good holiday - it's the first christmas for the ps3 in europe.

The French seem to have good taste in games generally, plus it seems the PS3 is performing well there. Hopefully they snap up uncharted when it comes out.

Frankfurter said:
Just btw. all Nintendo DS colors, Wii and SMG (wtf Nintendo!) are sold out @ amazon.de.
SMG had been sold out for the most part I reckon. I wanted to order it on release date - no fat chance. Then somebody mentioned it was in stock and I wanted to order one for a friend - but out of stock again. I don't know if it was in stock after that.

Nintendo really dropped the ball with software supply. I can understand hardware supplying issues, but DVD shortages are simply unacceptable.

Moonstone said:
I know, but occasionally they do.
Given the october sales, I find it highly unlikely.

Numbers for october 2007:
PS3 37,000
Wii 28,000
Xbox360 12,000

wii sells double in one week what they did in a whole month ? This is even for christmas to high.

Plus the post is formated like a typical gamefront news and media control always give out rounded and monthly numbers when they release numbers. This is no real counterargument when it's a leak but ...

It would be more suitable if these numbers were the november monthly sales, but why should the xbox go down and PS3 stay at this number ? Some dubious commentsection of a dubious website doesn't make it trustworthy either.
I'd say it's a fake. If not it's great news for console gaming in germany.

But I agree, Ps3 will have a very good holiday - it's the first christmas for the ps3 in europe.
May very well be true. You raise some valid points. But as you said, Wii and PS3 will have a massive holiday anyways.

Raist

Banned
Kinan said:
Kinda strange that xbox360 AC went ahead of PS3 version this week, when all other multiplatform titles have a big lead on PS3. Is it being heavily xbox marketed in France or what?

Shortage, I think. Check the PAL charts for week 50 :p

Top Bottom