• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 51, 2010

Brashnir

Hammer24 said:
If thats true, I´m just glad those clowns don´t run the company. In the end I´m happy Rare is around longer.
Watch out for KS having insane legs and sell more than PDZ.

How much did PDZ sell? I know it did pretty well, but where did it end up?

2up4lc5.png

Germany :
Week 51, 2010

01 (01) [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo)
02 (03) [WII] Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nintendo)
03 (02) [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 (Sony)
04 (06) [WII] Wii Fit Plus + Balance Board (Nintendo)
05 (04) [NDS] Professor Layton And The Lost Future (Nintendo)
06 (__) [PS3] Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Electronic Arts)
07 (10) [PS3] Call Of Duty: Black Ops (Activision Blizzard)
08 (09) [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
09 (08) [PS3] Fifa 11 (Electronic Arts)
10 (05) [WII] Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)

Kenka

slaughterking said:
2up4lc5.png

Germany :
Week 51, 2010

01 (01) [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo)
02 (03) [WII] Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nintendo)
03 (02) [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 (Sony)
04 (06) [WII] Wii Fit Plus + Balance Board (Nintendo)
05 (04) [NDS] Professor Layton And The Lost Future (Nintendo)
06 (__) [PS3] Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Electronic Arts)
07 (10) [PS3] Call Of Duty: Black Ops (Activision Blizzard)
08 (09) [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
09 (08) [PS3] Fifa 11 (Electronic Arts)
10 (05) [WII] Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)

beckenbauer-lacht_5x4_Diashow.jpg

BladeoftheImmortal said:
Germany hears you.

beckenbauer_erdinger_dpa_gr.jpg

dabra

2eygkn5.png

Sweden:
Week 51, 2010

01 (01) [PC] World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
02 (09) [WII] New Super Mario Bros Wii
03 (03) [PS3] Gran Turismo 5
04 (02) [WII] Donkey Kong Country Returns
05 (08) [PS3] Call Of Duty: Black Ops
06 (04) [360] Call Of Duty: Black Ops
07 (06) [360] Kinect Sports
08 (07) [PS3] FIFA 11
09 (10) [NDS] New Super Mario Bros.
10 (05) [360] Kinect Adventures
11 (11) [360] FIFA 11
12 (18) [WII] Mario Kart Wii
13 (12) [PS3] Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
14 (15) [360] Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
15 (19) [PC] Call Of Duty: Black Ops
16 (14) [PS3] Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
17 (16) [360] Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
18 (17) [WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2
19 (19) [PC] The Sims 3
20 (__) [360] Dance Central

[Nintex]

apana said:
It's not that we don't want it, it's just that we would rather not have it as a replacement for an actual banjo kazooie game. It's fine if they make nuts and bolts in addition to making a Banjo platformer. I think Rare would have been better off with Nintendo or a third party publisher, but Microsoft did pay out an insane amount of money and so they get to call the shots.
Banjo 3 was at one point a platform game but Conker bombed and the team had to go back to the drawing board because MS didn't want platformers anymore.

The biggest problem for people who work there and who are not happy right now is that they're part of the 'Rare Family' that means that they're credited in some sort of special thanks section but haven't worked on a shipped title since 2005. When your name isn't attached to a game for over five years, you're going to have a problem when you search for a new job.

faridmon

Germany is bloody awsome. franz beckenbauer and Donkey Kong love in country is just too much awsomness in a single country.

Rolf NB

faridmon said:
Netherelands is bloody awsome. Having *some random football star* and Donkey Kong love is just too awsome for such a man made island that could be covered by flood one day.
Geography is fucking hard, I agree.

Kenka

faridmon said:
Netherelands is bloody awsome. Having *some random football star* and Donkey Kong love is just too awsome.

Randon, what the hell ? It's fucking Arjen Robben. And he's dutch that's why I put his pic here.

Bank holiday, I hate you.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
FRANCE 20-26 december 2010

1. Call of Duty : Black Ops / PS3
2. Just Dance 2 / Wii
3. Wii Party / Wii
4. Gran Turismo 5 / PS3
5. Donkey Kong Country Returns / Wii

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
szaromir said:
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Kinect Sports #3, Dance Central #9. A lot of Kinects got unwrapped on Christmas eve.
Interesting.

Somebody on PAL threads was keeping track of number of weeks that motion control games charted (for all platforms). I am not quite sure what the idea was (maybe proving Kinect titles falling off the charts faster than Wii's or Move's?) but I am not seeing the comparison charts anymore.

Dynoro

A Kinect game outselling GT5 - not bad going but helped by GT5's 40% drop

Edit also from the news:

Chart Track said:
There are five Kinect games in the Top 40 this week, the most since Kinect’s launch (when there were eight). It is a good week for Microsoft’s new technology with sales from these five charting Kinect games almost as much as the total from the eight that charted at launch week.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Gadfly said:
Interesting.

Somebody on PAL threads was keeping track of number of weeks that motion control games charted (for all platforms). I am not quite sure what the idea was (maybe proving Kinect titles falling off the charts faster than Wii's or Move's?) but I am not seeing the comparison charts anymore.
It only went four weeks, but by the end we already saw that Kinect games had better legs relative to the other launch windows.

swerve

Great week for Kinect. Funny how you can sort of imagine other people's Christmases from looking at the chart.

"Mom! I wanted Goldeneye Wii! OK, let's go get it in the sales, honey..."

Shiggy

Kenka said:
No DKC:R ? :s

Shortages maybe ?

Don't think so. It's readily available at a price as low as 35 EUR - Nintendo's Wii titles cost just as much as their DS evergreens nowadays. I'm happy that I finally found NSMB DS for only EUR 18 at Amazon.de, but that deal disappeared pretty quickly.
Concerning shortages, Wii Party had some severe shortages most recently due to being bundled with the Wii Remote. Now the bundle is no longer available and Nintendo released it as a standalone package for EUR 30.
Nonetheless, right now the black Wii Remote Plus is still in short supply and mighty expensive over here in Germany.

Dynoro

szaromir said:
It's typical for sales to drop after Christmas.
Very true; but GT5 dropped 40% to Kinect Sports' 13% and Dance Central actually sold 21% more - kinda shocked me as I expected GT5 to maintain steady sales

szaromir

Banned
Dynoro said:
Very true; but GT5 dropped 40% to Kinect Sports' 13% and Dance Central actually sold 21% more - kinda shocked me as I expected GT5 to maintain steady sales
I suspect a lot more people got Kinect (w/ 360 or standalone) than PS3 for Christmas and they decided to buy the best 2 games for it. GT5 is one of many games on PS3, so it's business as usual.

It'd be great if Kinect Sports hit Golden Eye numbers eventually. Meltdowns woulb be legendary.

Kenka

szaromir said:
I suspect a lot more people got Kinect (w/ 360 or standalone) than PS3 for Christmas and they decided to buy the best 2 games for it. GT5 is one of many games on PS3, so it's business as usual.

It'd be great if Kinect Sports hit Golden Eye numbers eventually. Meltdowns woulb be legendary.

We already said the same about Wii Fit. Everybody got bored by its success before it reached goldeneyefinalfantasyviisupermariobros3 numbers. I bet it will be the same for Kinect Sports.

Hammer24

Banned
Gadfly said:
I am not quite sure what the idea was (maybe proving Kinect titles falling off the charts faster than Wii's or Move's?) but I am not seeing the comparison charts anymore.

I posted the comparison to show that Kinect titles seem to chart similar to Wii titles, when it comes to legs. KS, DC and YS getting back into the charts IMO show, that the same audience is reached as with the popular Wii titles.

Kenka

Shiggy said:
Don't think so. It's readily available at a price as low as 35 EUR - Nintendo's Wii titles cost just as much as their DS evergreens nowadays. I'm happy that I finally found NSMB DS for only EUR 18 at Amazon.de, but that deal disappeared pretty quickly.

I don't get it, why did Wii titles NOT get a bump during Christmas. I mean, Ubisoft made the job but the rest pales in comparision. And the DKC:R drop is way to sharp to explain it that way. I don't get why it was sent to sewers in merely two weeks. That makes no sense.

GothPunk

Kenka said:
No DKC:R ? :s

Shortages maybe ?
I can give you some anecdotal evidence of this. A friend of mine was working in a GameStop store here in Ireland over the Christmas period and said that DK:CR had serious shortages. She said they'd get in 10 copies and they'd sell out within an hour, and it seemed to be the case in many of their stores. (The Michael Jackson Experience had the same shortages too but I don't think anyone here cares about that game :p). I'm pretty sure stores in Ireland and the UK share the same suppliers so if there are shortages here there could very well be shortages in the UK.

Oh and as for price hikes, she told me that Nintendo themselves raised the prices of the games? And that Microsoft raised the price of a standard 360 controller. Supply and demand at Christmas I guess.

Prine

Banned
Thing about Kinect Sports - is that its a fantastic game. Its Kinects Killer app. It sells the system.

Edit: Motherf*ck it moved up to #3?? Rare must be signaling for coke and hookers as we gloss over the charts :lol

And a happy new year to you to Rare!!!

HAters suck it - Kinect running things in UK/US :D

nli10

Prine said:
Thing about Kinect Sports - is that its a fantastic game. Its Kinects Killer app. It sells the system.

Edit: Motherf*ck it moved up to #3?? Rare must be signaling for coke and hookers as we gloss over the charts :lol

And a happy new year to you to Rare!!!

HAters suck it - Kinect running things in UK/US :D

I for one am happy to see it.

The game sales are primarily down to copying Nintendo again - actually advertising the games in a way that appeals to normal people as well as gamers! The 360 ads are so common (especially Dance Central) and the fact that sports is still outselling it despite less adverts is amazing. I guess the Wii taught us all that sports are No1!

Wouldn't be surprised if the Hardcore continues to degrade at 25-40% a week and the casual games float up to be number 1. Be fab if that game was Kinect Sports, but could easily be JD2.

Top Bottom