• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 53, 2015

Welfare

UK entertainement top 20 from ERA. No digital for the video games.

era_entertainment_chart_500x350.jpg

Grand Theft Auto V LTD: 6 014 432

GTAV so close to 1m.

That just looks annoying.

Spain Amazon BO3 is €48 on PC physical, steam €60 - €12 more

In Finland, the cheapest PC BO3 is €35 right now and even includes the pre-order bonus. PC games always launch somewhere at €40-45 while Steam charges €60 nearly every time.

On consoles, it's about €55-60 physical and €70 on PSN/Xbox, so there is a digital markup here too. It's not as extreme as the markup on Steam though.

Synth

Ehh PC is skewed though, digital already dominates that market everywhere so it's not really a fair comparison. Digital is only a small % on consoles to begin with, so countries that get fucked over in price will be even smaller. Anyways I've only looked up BO3 and European prices are far more modest than UK. UK gets robbed over double what Europeans do from what I'm seeing.

Spain Amazon BO3 is €48 on PC physical, steam €60 - €12 more
UK amazon for BO3 £36, xbox/psn store £55 - €25 more after euro conversion

Though they can be had for cheaper when bargain hunting I was referring to day 1 prices before any deals when I say the UK gets robbed. I know Europeans get robbed too even on day 1, I think every country does except for America lol.

Again though, it depends... you don't actually have to buy from the UK store when purchasing a game digitally in the UK, I buy $50 of XBL credit for about £34, making new releases basically the same price digital as physical. And if I were to buy that physical copy of Black Ops III off Amazon, then I can't play it online with my brother unless he also buys Black Ops III for £36. So buying it once for $60 works out much cheaper for us than buying it twice for £72 would... even buying it from the UK digital store directly would. I actually find Steam to be much worse for new releases personally due to this.

Btw, since All-Time charts changed as well

- Overall Italian All-Time Charts show Minecraft as 8th, and Fast Racing NEO as 20th. Earlier, Minecraft was 13th, and FRN was out of top 20
- Wii U only Italian All-Time Charts show Minecraft as 6th and FRN as 11th. Previously, they were respectively 8th and 14th

After this post from the Media Create thread, I thought it could be great to have an update on what the eShop all-time charts looks like in various PAL countries.

Here is the french one:

1. Splatoon
2. Zelda Wind Waker HD (was exclusive to eShop for a week)
3. Wii Street U (was free)
4. Trine 2
5. Zelda ALTTP
6. Super Mario World
7. Brain Training (was free)
8. DuckTales Remastered
9. Art Academy SketchPad
10. Super Mario Galaxy 2
11. Minecraft
12. Child of Light
13. Metroid Prime Trilogy
14. Mario Kart 8
15. Super Mario 3D World
16. Rayman Legends
17. Super Mario 64
18. Zelda The Minish Cap
19. Super Mario Maker
20. Fast Racing NEO

After this post from the Media Create thread, I thought it could be great to have an update on what the eShop all-time charts looks like in various PAL countries.

Here is the french one:

1. Splatoon
4. Trine 2
5. Zelda ALTTP
6. Super Mario World
8. DuckTales Remastered
9. Art Academy SketchPad
10. Super Mario Galaxy 2
11. Minecraft
12. Child of Light
14. Mario Kart 8
15. Super Mario 3D World
16. Rayman Legends
17. Super Mario 64
18. Zelda The Minish Cap
19. Super Mario Maker
20. Fast Racing NEO
Warms my heart to see FRN there.

Memento

The Last of Us Remastered is immortal. I suppose there are still bundles with it out there.

Man, TLOU must be 10 million+ already. Dat Naughty Dog.

Here is the french one:

1. Splatoon
4. Trine 2
5. Zelda ALTTP
6. Super Mario World
8. DuckTales Remastered
9. Art Academy SketchPad
10. Super Mario Galaxy 2
11. Minecraft
12. Child of Light
14. Mario Kart 8
15. Super Mario 3D World
16. Rayman Legends
17. Super Mario 64
18. Zelda The Minish Cap
19. Super Mario Maker
20. Fast Racing NEO

Thanks for sharing this. It's quite similar to the Dutch one here under:

1. Splatoon
2. Wii Street U (was free)
3. Zelda Wind Waker HD (was exclusive to eShop for a week)
4. Super Mario World
5. Trine 2
6. Zelda ALTTP
7. Mario Bros 3
8. Metroid Prime Trilogy
9. Super Mario 64
10. DuckTales Remastered
11. Minecraft
12. EarthBound
13. Art Academy SketchPad
14. Super Mario Galaxy 2
15. Super Mario 3D World
16. Zelda The Minish Cap
17. Mario Kart 8
18. NES Remix
19. Super Mario Bros
20. Super Mario Maker

noobie

Banned
2016 starts the way 2015 ended with ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops III’ (-68%) still on top in the All Formats Chart.

With no new physical releases until later in the month familiar faces jostle for position within the Top 10. ‘FIFA 16 (-55%) climbs two places back to No2 moving ahead of fellow EA title ‘Star Wars Battlefront’(-66%), which is pushed down to No3. ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ (16,360 / -59%) moves up a place to No4 while ‘Fallout 4’ (-75%) slides two places to No5. ‘Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6: Siege’ (-58%) is a non-mover at No6 but ‘WWE 2K16’ (-53%) climbs two places up to No7. Square Enix’s ‘Just Cause 3’ (-66%) is another non move at No8 but ‘Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate’ (-68%) is down to No9.

A resurgent ‘Battlefield 4’ (-27%) re-enters the Top 10 continuing it’s week on week climb from the end of last year. It’s propulsion up the chart is fuelled by the ‘Gen 7’ formats with price promoted versions of both Xbox 360 & PS3 accounting for 97% of sales this week.

These charts are boring. Literally just counting down the days until Gravity Rush Remastered is released and I can celebrate as it claims the top spot.

Yeah.

Hasney

These charts are boring. Literally just counting down the days until Gravity Rush Remastered is released and I can celebrate as it claims the top spot.

Yeah.

Hopefully we get some context on sales if it does. Hoping it does do well, if it doesn't get #1, I assume it'll be slightly disastrous with these numbers.

Hopefully we get some context on sales if it does. Hoping it does do well, if it doesn't get #1, I assume it'll be slightly disastrous with these numbers.

I was joking, it's not getting to #1. Well I doubt it anyway. It's probably not going to do very well at all unfortunately.

Italy:
1) FIFA 16 (PS4)
2) COD: Black Ops III Nuketown Edition (PS4)
3) Just Dance 2016 (Wii)
4) FIFA 16 (PS3)
5) Assassin's Creed: Syndicate D1 (PS4)
6) GTA V (PS4)
7) The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
8) Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (PS4)
9) Fallout 4 (PS4)
10) FIFA 16 (X360)

http://www.aesvi.it/cms/charts.php?dir_pk=206

France:
1) COD: Black Ops III (PS4)
2) FIFA 16 (PS4)
3) Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (PS4)
4) Star Wars Battlefront (PS4)
5) Just Cause 3 Edition Day One (PS4)

http://www.sell.fr/

Chris1

TR was on sale but it's gone back up in most places now, probably explains the huge drop off. Amazon still has it for £32 but GAME, Asda and Tesco have put their prices back up. Bad move for the sales of the game since it seems to had done well at £30/$40 in America.

gtj1092

Italy:
1) FIFA 16 (PS4)
2) COD: Black Ops III Nuketown Edition (PS4)
3) Just Dance 2016 (Wii)
4) FIFA 16 (PS3)
5) Assassin's Creed: Syndicate D1 (PS4)
6) GTA V (PS4)
7) The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
8) Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (PS4)
9) Fallout 4 (PS4)
10) FIFA 16 (X360)

http://www.aesvi.it/cms/charts.php?dir_pk=206

France:
1) COD: Black Ops III (PS4)
2) FIFA 16 (PS4)
3) Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (PS4)
4) Star Wars Battlefront (PS4)
5) Just Cause 3 Edition Day One (PS4)

http://www.sell.fr/

Whoa isn't France the second best market for X1 in Europe?

wonder where wolfenstein and evil within popped up from...

The UK chart is usually quite easy to work out why an old title re-entered the charts, best place to search is www.hotukdeals.com

Wolfenstein: Old Blood has been on sale for £7 & Evil Within Ltd Ed for £8.99 at GAME. This usually results in Amazon reducing their prices.

Its quite shocking to see how badly 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' is doing in the UK, especially when you look at some of the titles above it that have been out for months.

Raist

Banned
Curious to know where they got their data from. The numbers on that chart seem like total nonsense and I just can't see how they could possibly reflect reality.

GTAV should definitely be in there. I mean the game shipped 54M units as of August 2015 and is still selling.

Top Bottom