• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 6, 2011

cjelly said:
LOL. What was the point of Mass Effect 2 PS3 again?

Bombed everywhere. Waste of time.
You do know that it's a re-entry for ME2 on PS3 last week? It originally entered at no.4 when it came out in January. Not brilliant but not too shabby either.

jcm

cjelly said:
I guess the mediocre sales of ME2 on 360 and PC forced their hand somewhat. But a year later and full price had suicide written all over it.

Suicide? They did a bunch of work they were going to have to do for ME3, and got paid for it instead of doing it for free. If they sell a couple hundred thousand units at $60 they've most likely paid for the port and then some, and now they're positioned for improved ME3 sales.

If they'd sold if for $40 they would have needed to sell half again as many units to break even. Are there really that many day one customers who would have paid $40 but wouldn't pay $60?

Road

Dabanton said:
I think the nostalgia blast ended for most people when Super Street Fighter 4 was released.

It's doing well considering how most fighting games struggle nowadays.
szaromir said:
Were expectations for MVC3 as high as for SF4? >40k first week is hardly a disaster (possibly even >50k).
Worlwide, Capcom expects MVC3 to perform as well as SF4.

I just wanted the game to sell a lot. =P

I don't think it is gonna do badly, but seeing its performance in the UK and Japan, I'm not sure it'll meet Capcom's expectations. But maybe the US will come to the rescue.

Top Bottom