• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 8, 2011

herod

KingDizzi said:
Bye bye GT5, expected better legs but I also expected a better game. Killzone 3 legs depend on the quality of the game, it has been advertised more than enough here in the UK and continues to be advertised.

Vaguely on topic, Game gave me £33 trade-in value for vanilla GT5 at the weekend; they must believe that it'll still sell fairly strongly. Quite pleased as I only paid £37 for it originally :)

herod

edit: my clock was broken for a moment there. Made some posts one hour in the past.

herod said:
Vaguely on topic, Game gave me £33 trade-in value for vanilla GT5 at the weekend; they must believe that it'll still sell fairly strongly. Quite pleased as I only paid £37 for it originally :)

Dutch chart:

01. Killzone 3 (Playstation 3)
02. Just Dance 2 (Nintendo Wii)
03. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Playstation 3)
04. De Sims 3 (pc)
05. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nintendo Wii)
06. Bulletstorm (Xbox 360)
07. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo Wii)
08. Pokémon White (Nintendo DS)
09. New Super Mario Bros Wii (Nintendo Wii)
10. Fifa 11 (Playstation 3)

http://dutchcharts.nl/games_news.asp?id=2482

KingDizzi

Banned
herod said:

Might as well tell my GAME story as I have the time, basically pop into GAME every Friday morning because it's right next to the Sainsburys I go into in order to get some cookies and muffins from the bakery. Now the scene is set I walked into GAME and found that 3DS is being pushed like crazy, insane amount of advertising for that when I went in. I was shocked to see that GT5 had actually gone up in price, it was £43 at GAME but originally was around the £38 mark. It's the only HD console game which has maintained it's price since release, the only game. FIFA 11 was £23 in Sainsburys at release so it being in the list for so long is not shocking at all, same for NFS:HP, Reach is very cheap now, Forza 3 ultimate was there for £12, KZ3 was at £45, Bulletstorm £40 and then I fucked off.

So every time I go into GAME it reminds me of how much of a rip off they are and also the one HD game to not only have mainted its price but gone up is GT5. In the UK that is special to say the least, usually after 2-4 weeks the games drop in price like crazy. Another thing is that if you want to buy a console go to a supermarket, they always have crazy deals such as getting PS3 with 2 new games for the price of the PS3 alone in GAME.

Your welcome, also anyone seen the 3DS adverts popping up? It's staring, small 10 second ones for now which will obviously get bigger as release nears.

V_Ben

Banned
cjelly said:
Big drop on a lacklustre 1st weeks sales for KZ3. Looks like GG have been found out. Wonder if we will even see 4.

Next gen, sure. Bring it out again as a graphics showcase. I reckon that the NGP one will be the last KZ we'll see for a while. We know GG are working on a new IP, so I think it's high time for a break.

herod

KingDizzi said:
Might as well tell my GAME story as I have the time, basically pop into GAME every Friday morning because it's right next to the Sainsburys I go into in order to get some cookies and muffins from the bakery. Now the scene is set I walked into GAME and found that 3DS is being pushed like crazy, insane amount of advertising for that when I went in. I was shocked to see that GT5 had actually gone up in price, it was £43 at GAME but originally was around the £38 mark. It's the only HD console game which has maintained it's price since release, the only game. FIFA 11 was £23 in Sainsburys at release so it being in the list for so long is not shocking at all, same for NFS:HP, Reach is very cheap now, Forza 3 ultimate was there for £12, KZ3 was at £45, Bulletstorm £40 and then I fucked off.

So every time I go into GAME it reminds me of how much of a rip off they are and also the one HD game to not only have mainted its price but gone up is GT5. In the UK that is special to say the least, usually after 2-4 weeks the games drop in price like crazy. Another thing is that if you want to buy a console go to a supermarket, they always have crazy deals such as getting PS3 with 2 new games for the price of the PS3 alone in GAME.

Your welcome, also anyone seen the 3DS adverts popping up? It's staring, small 10 second ones for now which will obviously get bigger as release nears.

Game gave me £18 for vanilla Forza 3 recently as well, I think their computers were screwed up on that day though.

Loudninja said:
also expected better legs are you kidding me its been up there since it launch in November.
Related to this I thought I'd look up how long GT4 took to leave the multiformat charts after launch. Was there for a total of 21 weeks vs 13 weeks for GT5. Forza 3 managed 33 weeks, though that was with some heavy discounting.

noobie

Banned
cjelly said:
Big drop on a lacklustre 1st weeks sales for KZ3. Looks like GG have been found out. Wonder if we will even see 4.

i think its a normal drop.. had it drop above 70% then i would have considered it a big drop..

btw with which HD games you are comparing it with?

[Nintex]

cjelly said:
If the EU keeps funding GG they can continue to make such games.

newjeruse

Opus Angelorum said:
Most first week drops are in the range of 10-25% for a big launch title, anything over 50% (especially when the initial sales are not that strong) isn't encouraging.
10-25%? Bulletstorm dropped 46%, Dead Space 2 dropped 48%, LBP2 dropped 47%, GT5 dropped 61%, and COD:BO dropped 85%.

Jokeropia

szaromir said:
So ummmm what's the difference between Black and White? Aren't the differences superficial, just to suck money from collectors who want to have all versions?
As I understand it, the unique pokemons in each version are there to encourage trading between players. (So you get one version, a friend gets the other and you trade to get all pokemons.)

In any case its funny how say, the DS version of COD: Blacks Ops is thrown into the COD: Black OPs pool while it has more differences than the Pokemon games.

That said 3rd biggest launch. Wasn't Mario Kart Wii ~180,000 and Wii Fit was ~240k.

So:
‘Pokemon White Version’ becomes the 2nd fastest selling DS game ever (behind Professor Layton and Pandora’s Box), debuting at No1, 13,000 sales ahead of sister title ‘Pokemon Black Version’ which enters at No2. If you combine their sales together they become Nintendo’s third biggest ever UK launch (behind Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii).
PKMN WI=PKMN BL+13,000
180,000 >= PKNM WI + PKMN BL
180,000 >= 13,000 + 2* PKMN BL
167,000 >= 2*PKMN BL
So at the very most Pokemon Black sold 83,500 and White sold 96,500.

Someone look up the Layton Pandora guesstimates and we can might be able to get this a bit better.

P.S> When we get a Week 9 thread can someone put a link here and I'll also repeat the above.

Top Bottom