• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palestinian toddler killed in 'Jewish settler' arson attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
A Palestinian toddler has been burned to death in an arson attack by suspected Jewish settlers in a West Bank village, Israeli police say.
The 18-month-old boy was killed at the family home in Duma in the nighttime attack. His parents and four-year-old brother were injured.

The attackers apparently sprayed the word "revenge" in Hebrew on one of two homes which were firebombed.
Israel's prime minister called the attack "reprehensible and horrific".

"This is an act of terrorism in every respect. The State of Israel takes a strong line against terrorism regardless of the perpetrators," Benjamin Netanyahu said in a tweet.

Police said the attack appeared to have nationalist motives.
The type of incident resembles what have become known as "price tag" attacks - acts of vandalism or arson by Jewish extremists as a form of revenge for actions or attacks against Jewish settlements or unauthorised outposts in the West Bank.

About 500,000 Jews live in more than 100 settlements built since Israel's 1967 occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem. The settlements are considered illegal under international law, though Israel disputes this.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33729281

Condom

Nice to have children be killed because some people can't read maps. Israeli settlers on illegal ground should have their houses bulldozed away.

"This is an act of terrorism in every respect. The State of Israel takes a strong line against terrorism regardless of the perpetrators," Benjamin Netanyahu said in a tweet.

smiley-rolleyes008.gif

Toxi

Banned

Is that why you keep building illegal settlements in the West Bank you worthless trash?

Shaanyboi

Banned

sure ya do...

Dryk

It's really hard to sympathise with Israeli settlers when they're attacked. Even harder to sympathise with them when they fight back.

fawaz

Banned
God, the day an Arab country declared war on Israel they'll have more volunteers than they know what to do with. Arabs really really really hate that cancer of a country.

right, so is he rolling out the air strikes on the Israeli's homes now, and their neighbours too? because civilian targets that hide terrorists are just as much a target, obviously the loss of life would be regrettable

jeniferlawrenceokay.gif

I'll await the apologists to make this thread really fun, because there's always one who thinks its justifiable

Palistinans are only considered terrorists because they attack the occupying Israeli force that took their country by force in the 60's, they are a resistance, if the Israeli's surrendered their land and stopped blockading them the vast majority of "terroirsm" would stop

Joni

God, the day an Arab country declared war on Israel they'll have more volunteers than they know what to do with. Arabs really really really hate that cancer of a country.
They have tried that. Israel captured Gaza, Sinai, West Bank and the Golan Heights. Opponents had twice the troops, twenty times the losses.

Cub3h

Banned

They tried that before, they'll get stomped as before. This is also the reason Israel has nukes, that if their neighbours ever stop fighting eachother they won't think about attacking Israel yet again.

Anyway, as someone who is generally pro-Israel these insane settlers should obviously be removed as they keep creating new settlements and attacking Palestinians for (seemingly) no reason. Pull a Gaza and slowly remove these settlements in the middle of the west bank. They serve no purpose but to further incite hate against Israel from moderates.

Despera

Banned
Unequivocally outrageous, of course, aaaand... nothing will be done.

See you next outrage thread!
"BREAKING: Israel completely takes over all remaining Palestinian land." or something similar seems like an inevitable headline at this point. Almost definitely followed by "global outrage" and then, of course, nothing.

Chariot

They have tried that. Israel captured Gaza, Sinai, West Bank and the Golan Heights. Opponents had twice the troops, twenty times the losses.
As long as the USA is backing Israel up it won't fall against the arabic countries. The wars it fought were very short, in a sustained war without funds and technology from the west, it would obviously getting the short end. A small country only has so much manpower. But of course, the western backing is still there exactly because of that and thus Israel will continue to do this awful things because the USA would hurt it's tactical position in the middle east by letting Israel ever go.

Rektash

This thread is quite disturbing in a lot of ways. One of them is how people fantasize about Isreal getting annihilated by some arab dream army. You guys fuel the hate just as much as the pro israeli side.

JordanN

Banned
As long as the USA is backing Israel up it won't fall against the arabic countries. The wars it fought were very short, in a sustained war without funds and technology from the west, it would obviously getting the short end. A small country only has so much manpower. But of course, the western backing is still there exactly because of that and thus Israel will continue to do this awful things because the USA would hurt it's tactical position in the middle east by letting Israel ever go.

Israel won its first war without any Western support. If the Arab countries could wipe out Israel, they would have done it already.

Chariot

This thread is quite desturbing in a lot of ways. One of them is how people fantasize about Isreal getting annihilated by some arab dream army. You guys fuel the hate just as much as the pro israeli side.
Look, that country didn't have much right to exist in the first place. It was the western powers that just said "eh, this is now Israel because the bible said that it was a two thousand years ago.", ignoring who actually lived the last two thousand years there. The jews definitly deserved to get protection from the thousands of hate and racism/relgious hate against them, but just pushing Israel in there was wrong.
Israel won its first war without any Western support. If the Arab countries could wipe out Israel, they would have done it already.
Israel wouldn't be there in the first place without the western support. The jewish god didn't threw weaponry out of the sky or gave jewish refugees the power to punch tanks with their bare fists. I think.

Dammit! ;_;

This World sucks. I hate how a terrible state like Israel goes unscathed from international communities.

Look, that country didn't have much right to exist in the first place. It was the western powers that just said "eh, this is now Israel because the bible said that it was a two thousand years ago.", ignoring who actually lived the last two thousand years there. The jews definitly deserved to get protection from the thousands of hate and racism/relgious hate against them, but just pushing Israel in there was wrong.
Yup.

Joni

Israel's war chest can survive for a bit longer than the short wars they have fought until this point. Probably longer than the war chests of the countries that would be most likely to invade: their poorer neighbours. It is not the Emirates, not Saudi Arabia and not Kuwait that will attack them, it is Jordan, Syria, Egypt and the likes. They also spend more on their military than any country in the region outside of Saudi Arabia. And then even if it goes southways, you're still talking about a nuclear power.

Israel's war chest can survive for a bit longer than the short wars they have fought until this point. Probably longer than the war chests of the countries that would be most likely to invade: their poorer neighbours. It is not the Emirates, not Saudi Arabia and not Kuwait that will attack them, it is Jordan, Syria, Egypt and the likes. They also spend more on their military than any country in the region outside of Saudi Arabia. And then even if it goes southways, you're still talking about a nuclear power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

The Samson Option is the name that some military analysts and authors have given to Israel's deterrence strategy of massive retaliation with nuclear weapons as a "last resort" if military attacks threaten its existence.

Ron Rosenbaum writes in his 2012 book How the End Begins: The Road to a Nuclear World War III that, in his opinion, in the "aftermath of a second Holocaust", Israel could "bring down the pillars of the world (attack Moscow and European capitals for instance)" as well as the "holy places of Islam." He writes that "abandonment of proportionality is the essence" of the Samson Option.[28]

Also no Arab army are going to do shit for the time being. Look at the ME, it's a fucking catastrophy.

Let's see in 50 years, God willing, some fucking progress will be made.

Aurelius

At least Netanyahu had the decency too strongly condemn the people who did this, even calling them terrorists. As he did after a Jewish religious fanatic attacked the Gay Pride parade in Tel Aviv yesterday stabbing 6 people. This unlike Hamas, who usually applauds when some innocent Israeli child gets murdered and turn the attackers into martyrs.

fawaz

Banned
Dude Israel can never destroy all Arab states. Sooner or later, there will come an Arab state that will wipe it off the map. The countdown to Israel's end started with its inception, just like the crusader states.

Sorral

From your own link:

France authorized Air France to transport cargo to Tel Aviv on 13 May.

After the invasion: France allowed aircraft carrying arms from Czechoslovakia to land on French territory in transit to Israel, and permitted two arms shipments to ‘Nicaragua’, which were actually intended for Israel.[93]

Czechoslovakia, supplied vast quantities of arms to Israel during the war, including thousands of vz. 24 rifles and MG 34 and ZB 37 machine guns, and millions of rounds of ammunition. Czechoslovakia supplied fighter aircraft, including at first ten Avia S-199 fighter planes.

There is more in the link. I just rather not read all of that.

Toxi

Banned
At least Netanyahu had the decency too strongly condemn the people who did this, even calling them terrorists. As he did after a Jewish religious fanatic attacked the Gay Pride parade in Tel Aviv yesterday stabbing 6 people. This unlike Hamas who usually applauds when some innocent Israeli child gets murdered and turn the attackers into martyrs.
Netanyahu's lip service means nothing when Israel continues constructing the illegal settlements that led to this heinous crime in the first place. Your idea of "strong condemnation" is doing effectively nothing when the "terrorist" is Israeli and bombing Gaza to the ground when he's not.

So please, kindly shut the fuck up with your asinine attempts to soften Netanyahu's embarrassing response to the murder of a child. It's always fucking Hamas with you Israel apologists. You compare Israel to Hamas, then wonder why people would condemn Israel for the same reasons you condemn Hamas.

Rektash

Dude Israel can never destroy all Arab states.

Unlike some of those arab states you mention, Isreal doesn't have an agenda to wipe out anyone.

Sooner or later, there will come an Arab state that will wipe it off the map.

That day is the day where the middle east will cease to exist. So no, I don't think that'll happen. Nukes are a pretty good deterrent.

The countdown to Israel's end started with its inception, just like the crusader states.

Oh boy...

Joni

Dude Israel can never destroy all Arab states. Sooner or later, there will come an Arab state that will wipe it off the map. The countdown to Israel's end started with its inception, just like the crusader states.
It could defeat most of them, even if they have to fight them at the same time. It will never turn into that because these countries can't stand each other anyway, even if they hate Israel more. Israel also has a huge military budget and modern weapons for just that possibility if it has to withstand multiple countries. It wouldn't survive against Turkey or Saudi Arabia without resorting to the unthinkable, but they are the countries least likely to intervene. You could fight a war at their border and they wouldn't care.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
At least Netanyahu had the decency too strongly condemn the people who did this, even calling them terrorists. As he did after a Jewish religious fanatic attacked the Gay Pride parade in Tel Aviv yesterday stabbing 6 people. This unlike Hamas, who usually applauds when some innocent Israeli child gets murdered and turn the attackers into martyrs.

One might say that Hamas is at least honest with their intentions unlike Netanyahu who says A at one thing but does B at the other.

What you call "decency" I call "hypocrisy."

What are you even talking about? Let us not hope for the destruction of either Arab states or Israel that will kill thousands if not millions.

Arab states don't really care either way it seems. They have nothing to gain from it.

Chuckie

One might say that Hamas is at least honest with their intentions unlike Netanyahu who says A at one thing but does B at the other.

I agree with you. I don't trust Netanyahu at all.

Hamas are cunts too of course but they are pretty honest about being cunts.

fawaz

Banned
What are you even talking about? Let us not hope for the destruction of either Arab states or Israel that will kill thousands if not millions.

Arab states don't really care either way it seems. They have nothing to gain from it.
I'm not talking genocide here. The establishment of Israel is the obomination that needs to be destroyed.

Well, I'm sure we won't just forget this atrocious incident in a few months and Palestine as a whole until the next news story pops up. In the time in between, I'm sure the problem with settlement s wont get worse.

Guys, stop

Aurelius

Netanyahu's lip service means nothing when Israel continues constructing the illegal settlements that led to this heinous crime in the first place. Your idea of "strong condemnation" is doing effectively nothing when the "terrorist" is Israeli and bombing Gaza to the ground when he's not.

So please, kindly shut the fuck up with your asinine attempts to soften Netanyahu's embarrassing response to the murder of a child. It's always fucking Hamas with you Israel apologists. You compare Israel to Hamas, then wonder why people would condemn Israel for the same reasons you condemn Hamas.
I don’t think I will “shut the fuck up”. But I am staying out of the whole settlement discussion and who did what to whom first. Killing children is never justified. I hope the people who did this get found, tried and punished by a court of law. And the chance of that happening are a lot higher than it is when the situation is reversed.

Chariot

Oh, very true. But I am not sure if he richer states wouldn't chip in if Israel would lose US funding and thus western diplomacy backing. But yes, at it is now, the main enemies of Israel are too weak to do anything. Hamas poking them with sticks is probably the biggest threat left.

Uhm. First of all, Israel can't and won't destroy all arab states. We're talking about Israel's crimes against palestians and it'a ability to defend itself against it's neighbours. I also don't believe in a giant arab state blob.

I don’t think I will “shut the fuck up”. But I am staying out of the whole settlement discussion and who did what to whom first. Killing children is never justified. I hope the people who did this get found, tried and punished by a court of law. And the chance of that happening are a lot higher than it is when the situation is reversed.
Israel was targetting football playing children for strikes and sniped children a few months ago. And that's the stuff we know. All nothing happened. You should've heared the Israel Defense Force making backflips to justify these actions.

Toxi

Banned
You're right. When the situation is reversed, Palestinians get punished with no court of law. So hopefully you can understand why everybody is mocking Netanyahu's bullshit about "taking a strong line against terrorism regardless of the perpetrators," because I don't see Israel leveling their settlements.

Aurelius

I would rather call it "politics". Same as Obama condeming shootings in the States while doing anything about gun ownage.

While I agree that Netanyahu could and should do a lot more to stop illegal settlements, I don't think he his some evil mastermind that is laughing in his big comfy armchair after hearing this news like some people here describe him.

I'm not talking genocide here. The establishment of Israel is the obomination that needs to be destroyed.
Then you might want to think about your use of words when saying things like "destroyed" or "wiped of the map."

You are advocating for a state to disappear and the people there to... well... go somewhere I guess? The exact same thing Israel is doing to the Palestinians. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Toxi

Banned
What's the deal with the Israel destroying fantasies here?
I think Fawaz is either drunk, trolling, or fucking crazy.
I would rather call it "politics". Same as Obama condeming shootings in the States without doing anything about gun control.

While I agree that Netanyahu could and should do a lot more to stop illegal settlements, I don't think he his some evil mastermind that is laughing in his big comfy armchair after hearing this news like some people here make him sound.
No, this would be Obama condemning shootings after getting reelected based on pro-gun legislation and then doing absolutely nothing to reverse said pro-gun legislation because he's perfectly fine making more of these shootings happen.

Only in this hypothetical bizarobama's case, he wouldn't have the end goal of ethnic cleansing.

Dryk

It may be an abomination, but it's an abomination we now have to live with. We can't unestablish Israel now, it's too late. There's too many innocent people that have lived their whole lives there to displace them at this point.

What we can do, is try to stop Israel from laying claim to more land and creating more innocent (though I guess settler families usually aren't that innocent) people that we can't move later.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Look, that country didn't have much right to exist in the first place. It was the western powers that just said "eh, this is now Israel because the bible said that it was a two thousand years ago.", ignoring who actually lived the last two thousand years there. The jews definitly deserved to get protection from the thousands of hate and racism/relgious hate against them, but just pushing Israel in there was wrong.Israel wouldn't be there in the first place without the western support. The jewish god didn't threw weaponry out of the sky or gave jewish refugees the power to punch tanks with their bare fists. I think.

No country has the right to exist almost every single one involved some sort of war in the establishment of it's borders, or numerous outright invasions, or I you go really far back some tribe taking the land of another tribe.

Which is why the entire concept of right to exist is a glass house, America, Canada, Australia, Brazil.... I could go on and on only exist in their current forms due to colonialism (literally invading and taking lands, with some help of genocide of the current native inhabitants for good measure), and that's just relatively recent history, because that shit has been going on for thousands of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom