• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palestinian toddler killed in 'Jewish settler' arson attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Baffling to realize some posters in here justify war like it's a necessary thing to achieve a validation of their political views.

Terrorism, war, bombings and a dead toddler are not tools to achieve anything good, whatever side is doing them.

The Palestinians and Israelis do not deserve all this shit, don't downplay the outcome of this atrocities based on your pov, be more human.
I don't advocate war, but Israel is torturing the palestinians for decades and the only one who could change something is the US by making ultimatums and denying money. But they don't have the balls for that. Israel is too important to them. Just like the abused children who killed one of their torturers after the state to refused to help: physical attacks on Israel are shitty and should not happen, but boy, oh boy, what are they supposed to do? Really, the best tbing that can happen at this point is america forcing Israel to stop the illegal settlements and make Israel an israeli state.

I agree with you that people in this thread are getting away with hate speech which shouldn't be the case and I agree that there are countries who are clearly more dangerous than Israel but it doesn't change the fact that palestinians have been abused for decades and nothing has changed. The difference between Israel and other countries who " behave " badly is that Israel get the support of every western nation and they keep selling themselves as the beacon of light in the middle east, and keep using this kind of semantics to get support for all over the world from people who simply hate arabs/muslims. Look at who supports Israel the most in the US ? Hateful right-wing loonies.

I think like you that the jews deserved their own country. I'm glad they have theirs now, but just maybe they should have gotten one in Europe, don't you think ? I'm French and I really believe our european countries, who are responsible of the genocide, should have lost part of their lands to create a jewish state. But zionism was already a thing, and jewish settlers were already settling the holy land way before WWII. The genocide only made the process more quick. Anyways this discussion is useless, now Israel is a real thing and they're not going anywhere, So this kind of debate about the legitimacy of Israel is useless and borderline suspicious. Israelis and palestinians both deserve to live in peace. So yeah cut the inflamatory rhetoric people and stop the israel bashing. I'm a big critic of their policies and of their successive governments, if you're advocating for the destruction of a country, you're a psychopath you need help.

Plenty of countries that abused minorities have enjoyed, and do enjoy, western support. Last time I checked Turkey is a NATO member and China gets a seat at all world economic forums. No other country has its annihilation on the table at virtually every discussion. The allied forces would have been well within their rights to dismantle Germany after WW2 considering the scope of and depth of its crimes, yet the country (at least the portion controlled by the West) was nursed back to health.

The Palestinians have been offered a state time and time again, and opted for war instead in an attempt to get a better deal. And yet somehow their claim to statehood is more legitimate than the Tibetans, Kurds and Armenians who endured far more brutality than the Palestinians.

fawaz

Banned
I've always supported the rights of palestinians but people like you make me sick. You're pretty much calling for a genocide. I can't believe I'm reading this here on Neogaf.

Look at yourself in the mirror next time. I bet you're not half as angry with ISIS. Get your priorities straight. I know all the hate is concentrated on Israel in Arab countries because it's an easy target. Politicians have milked that shit as much as they could.

As for the killing of a toddler, no surprise. Hamas kills randomly and their fans rejoice, Jewish settlers kill children and their supporters rejoice, and the circle of hate continues. And Netanyahu can go suck a dick.

Did you miss the not?

dabig2

It's easy to see why Israel keeps doing what it's doing - it's because we and the world let them. We let them get away with bullshit that would have led us to firebomb Iran like WW2 was back in style if Iran was caught doing it instead of Israel.

Maybe, just maybe, the US can grow a pair and not be "easily moved" by the provocations of a rogue state. In other words, we need to stop being their babysitter in the UN. Maybe we'll see a positive change of behavior. Or maybe they just get more isolationist and brutal. I don't know, but the status quo needs to be done away with.

Baki

The Palestinians have been offered a state time and time again, and opted for war instead in an attempt to get a better deal.

This is such bullshit.

But its nice to know you support an apartheid regime complicit in multiple violations of international law - and the same regime which continues to build illegal settlements.

Nice set of morals you have there bud.

Mimosa97

Oh, don't worry.. I know exactly the type of people we're dealing with . The various one state solution, two state solution, BDS movements, "I'm just anti-zionist! honest!" - It would just be very nice if they were all as brave as you and said it outright instead of hiding behind words and ideas

Huh ?

Leftist jews, most intellectuals, ex-mossad officers, ex-israeli ministers etc... They're all in favor of a two state solution. What's wrong with that ? Are you saying they're all antisemites ?

This is the first time I see someone saying there's something wrong with people who want a two states solution. Even Netanyahu was on board at one point lol.

We are literally allies with illegal occupiers, sponsors of terror and heavy human rights abusers (Israel and Saudi Arabia). Wonderful.

RIP little guy :(

rashbeep

Banned
At least Netanyahu had the decency too strongly condemn the people who did this, even calling them terrorists. As he did after a Jewish religious fanatic attacked the Gay Pride parade in Tel Aviv yesterday stabbing 6 people. This unlike Hamas, who usually applauds when some innocent Israeli child gets murdered and turn the attackers into martyrs.

lmfao

"This is an act of terrorism in every respect. The State of Israel takes a strong line against terrorism regardless of the perpetrators," Benjamin Netanyahu said in a tweet.

That's rich, all they did was follow the lead of Israeli cabinet ministers:

"They are all enemy combatants, and their blood shall be on all their heads,” the post reads. “Now this also includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They should follow their sons, nothing would be more just. They should go, as should the physical homes in which they raised the snakes. Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/07/israeli-politician-declares-war-on-the-palestinian-people.html

We are literally allies with illegal occupiers, sponsors of terror and heavy human rights abusers (Israel and Saudi Arabia). Wonderful.

RIP little guy :(

We've been allies with countries like that for...a very long time. Israel and Saudi Arabia aren't the only countries we're friendly with that do shitty things to people.

Chariot

We've been allies with countries like that for...a very long time. Israel and Saudi Arabia aren't the only countries we're friendly with that do shitty things to people.
It was funny during the Arab Spring when people in Europe cheered for the rebels and then realized that those dictators didn't warp in from the Web Way twelve hours ago, but in fact ruled there for decades with friendly ties to the whole west.

It was funny during the Arab Spring when people in Europe cheered for the rebels and then realized that those dictators didn't warp in from the Web Way twelve hours ago, but in fact ruled there for decades with friendly ties to the whole west.
If the West finds you useful, they will allow countries to do shitty things to people. If you aren't useful then Western leaders will come down on you.

Power also helps too. Like if China really went in on the people in Tibet, you think anyone would actually do anything to punish or stop them? Nope.

Dude Abides

Banned
The Palestinians have been offered a state time and time again, and opted for war instead in an attempt to get a better deal. And yet somehow their claim to statehood is more legitimate than the Tibetans, Kurds and Armenians who endured far more brutality than the Palestinians.

They were offered a state once. On other occasions they've been offered a semi-independent protectorate.

burnjanso

They were offered a state once. On other occasions they've been offered a semi-independent protectorate.

It reminds me of the situation in Greece. Each time Greece goes to the huddle to consider the new proposal, the offer expires and they are given a worse option the next day. The worse proposal next day, Greece refuses and a few days later they are given even a worse deal that Greece refused.

nib95

Banned
Much like with those who supported the Iraq war, history will not kindly look back at those who vehemently supported Israel. It's those people who have indirectly helped towards promoting apartheid, illegal occupations, mass displacement, countless human rights abuses, outright colonisation and more, in modern times no less.

In any case, a tragic story. Hope they find and punish those responsible.

The question is how. The USA can't threaten them to pull funding, Israel knows that the USA needs them there. They also constantly pull the anti semnite card when they get critized. You should see how the Central Council of Jews jumps on everyone's backs as soon as Israel becomes public discussion in Germany.
Plus the fucking Jewish Internet Defense Force, an Israeli government funded organization who's sole purpose is to defame and discredit people who write negatively about Israel on the internet.

Jag

I agree with you that people in this thread are getting away with hate speech which shouldn't be the case and I agree that there are countries who are clearly more dangerous than Israel but it doesn't change the fact that palestinians have been abused for decades and nothing has changed. The difference between Israel and other countries who " behave " badly is that Israel get the support of every western nation and they keep selling themselves as the beacon of light in the middle east, and keep using this kind of semantics to get support for all over the world from people who simply hate arabs/muslims. Look at who supports Israel the most in the US ? Hateful right-wing loonies.

Very well said.

So yeah cut the inflamatory rhetoric people and stop the israel bashing. I'm a big critic of their policies and of their successive governments, if you're advocating for the destruction of a country, you're a psychopath you need help.

It's the mob mentality on NeoGaf. Just mention Israel and you have droves of people calling for its utter destruction. Despite the fact there is a large majority that disagrees with the government policy. Hell, I didn't agree with the Bush years (and several other administrations), but that doesn't mean I think the US should be destroyed.

Apparently it is ok to advocate that another country has no right to exist as long as they are Israeli. Feel bad for the few remaining Israeli Gaffers that decided to stick it out here.

Plus the fucking Jewish Internet Defense Force, an Israeli government funded organization who's sole purpose is to defame and discredit people who write negatively about Israel on the internet.

Oooh, Ooh. Someone doesn't agree with me on the internet! They MUST be getting paid!!

I'm still waiting for my check.

Chariot

Since when does one random poster equal droves of people?
Since all of Europe was doing the Holocaust.

We got extremists of both sides here and it's really irritating.

Yeah, but I think most people who are defending Israel on GAF turned out to be genuinly Israeli and believe what they say. Which is another kind of shocking.

Like the on dude that was ex-IDF and was preaching how he would glady kill children as collateral damage.

We all know the jews are pulling all the strings.

QMzIJLr.gif

Zaphod

Since all of Europe was doing the Holocaust.

We got extremists of both sides here and it's really irritating.

It does make the discussion difficult when the inflammatory posters become lightning rods, focusing the conversation on them.

YaGaMi

Dude...

Jonm1010

Banned
Talk about revisionist history and ignorance of context.

funkypie

Banned
This thread is just proof you can get away with the most astonishing venom and vitriol towards Israel on this forum, its shameful. The country exists because the entirety of Europe tried to destroy the jewish people - something that is firing back up again, by the way. Perhaps if Europeans weren't so hellbent on putting jews in ovens they wouldn't need their own country.

Countries around the world behave far worse than Israel and get nowhere near as much scrutiny. Its easy to judge from a distance, just about every country on earth has behaved far worse in the course of wars than Israel has.

this must be what israeli propaganda tells their citizens. That all europeans tried to put jews in the oven.

I guess that is what they told themselves when they were murdering arabs in the street in the creation of israel.

Dude Abides

Banned
It reminds me of the situation in Greece. Each time Greece goes to the huddle to consider the new proposal, the offer expires and they are given a worse option the next day. The worse proposal next day, Greece refuses and a few days later they are given even a worse deal that Greece refused.

Yeah. The two state solution is deader than Arafat.

funkypie

Banned
Oh that's lovely.
Im sure you can find one of those old goebbels propaganda drawings to spice it up with though.. try google.

LOL this guy really....

Total Posts: 2 (0.19 posts per day)

To be honest though.. considering Israel's company in the region. I'd be out there enjoying the show with a bowl of popcorn as well.

This whole "we're above this.." shit needs to be deaded. Quick.

LOL this guy really....

Total Posts: 2 (0.19 posts per day)

Have to start somewhere my man.
Been lurking on here for 3 years or so.. and today was the day i guess.

I see the blatant Anti-Israeli bullshittery hasnt changed much over the years though.

And frankly.. I stand by that first post of mine. I have no love for Muslims, of any persuasion.

Enco

This thread is just proof you can get away with the most astonishing venom and vitriol towards Israel on this forum, its shameful. The country exists because the entirety of Europe tried to destroy the jewish people - something that is firing back up again, by the way. Perhaps if Europeans weren't so hellbent on putting jews in ovens they wouldn't need their own country.

Countries around the world behave far worse than Israel and get nowhere near as much scrutiny. Its easy to judge from a distance, just about every country on earth has behaved far worse in the course of wars than Israel has.
Holy crap lmao

Baby murder fence force? I thought I had seen it all!

'guys other people do bad stuff as well, don't be so mean'

edit:
Some of you guys have to be fucking high. This is a thread about a kid getting killed and you come in here to talk about how people are being mean to Israel? Damn...

And frankly.. I stand by that first post of mine. I have no love for Muslims, of any persuasion.
Lol. You seem like a very nice person.

KingK

So if Israel denounces all terrorism equally, i suspect we'll see all of the settlements leveled to the ground and settlers murdered indiscriminately by the IDF in a shock and awe bombing campaign, right? Right?

pgtl_10

They tried that before, they'll get stomped as before. This is also the reason Israel has nukes, that if their neighbours ever stop fighting eachother they won't think about attacking Israel yet again.

Anyway, as someone who is generally pro-Israel these insane settlers should obviously be removed as they keep creating new settlements and attacking Palestinians for (seemingly) no reason. Pull a Gaza and slowly remove these settlements in the middle of the west bank. They serve no purpose but to further incite hate against Israel from moderates.

I'm not entirely sure about that. People forget the Yom Kippur War. Israel has better weaponry but the Arabs have better weapons than fifty years ago. Nonetheless BDS is a better option as you can't a non-violent protest with Nukes.

Zaphod

What a silly childish stance to take. That's in stark contrast to the Muslims I know do not delight in watching the deaths of others while stuffing their face with popcorn.

I see the blatant Anti-Israeli bullshittery hasnt changed much over the years though.

You must really hate it here..

aeolist

Banned
At least Netanyahu had the decency too strongly condemn the people who did this, even calling them terrorists. As he did after a Jewish religious fanatic attacked the Gay Pride parade in Tel Aviv yesterday stabbing 6 people. This unlike Hamas, who usually applauds when some innocent Israeli child gets murdered and turn the attackers into martyrs.

netanyahu abets and encourages the extremist right-wingers that perpetuate this garbage on the israeli side, don't ask me to applaud him for spouting the bare minimum of lip service in response to obvious hate crimes

Wow, you sure showed us how to be compassionate, tolerant and understanding

pgtl_10

Israel won its first war without any Western support. If the Arab countries could wipe out Israel, they would have done it already.

Nope. Israel fought wars against Arabs at a time when the Arabs were really weak. Arabs were not trained for especially modern warfare. Israel had weapons and people trained in combat from WW2. This idea that Israel won against all odds is laughable. Furthermore many Palestinians at the time actually signed non-agression treaties with the pre-Israeli Jewish communities. David Ben-Gurion just ignored them.

People also forget the British were still in Palestine for much of the fighting. Attacking a country controlled by a very powerful force would have been a disaster. The British did nothing to stop an ethnic cleansing under their watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom