• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palestinian toddler killed in 'Jewish settler' arson attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

It may be an abomination, but it's an abomination we now have to live with. There's too many innocent people that have lived their whole lives there to displace them now.

What we can do, is try to stop Israel from laying claim to more land and creating more innocent (though I guess settler families usually aren't that innocent) people that we can't move later.
The question is how. The USA can't threaten them to pull funding, Israel knows that the USA needs them there. They also constantly pull the anti semnite card when they get critized. You should see how the Central Council of Jews jumps on everyone's backs as soon as Israel becomes public discussion in Germany.

Aurelius

I think Fawaz is either drunk, trolling, or fucking crazy.

No, this would be Obama condemning shootings after getting reelected based on pro-gun legislation and then doing absolutely nothing to reverse said pro-gun legislation because he's perfectly fine making more of these shootings happen.

Only in this hypothetical bizarobama's case, he wouldn't have the end goal of ethnic cleansing.
Ok. So according to you Netanyahu is encouraging more Palestinian children to be burned alive and his endgoal is the ethnic cleansing of all Palestinian? And here I though he was just a conservative politcian! Must be very comforting to have such simple, black and white view of a very complicated problem.

Chariot

Ok. So according to you Netanyahu his encouring more Palestinian children to be burned alive and his endgoal is the ethnic cleansing of all Palestinian? Must be very comforing to have such simple, black and white world view.
Not sure about the burning part, but he definitly works towars One Israel for jews by jews and with all muslims away or as Unterklasse.

Oberon

Banned
Israel is a daily reminder that you can get away with anything you want as long as you have the money and power ( like we need something like that)
RIP poor child

No country has the right to exist almost every single one involved some sort of war in the establishment of it's borders, or numerous outright invasions, or I you go really far back some tribe taking the land of another tribe.

Which is why the entire concept of right to exist is a glass house, America, Canada, Australia, Brazil.... I could go on and on only exist in their current forms due to colonialism (literally invading and taking lands, with some help of genocide of the current native inhabitants for good measure), and that's just relatively recent history, because that shit has been going on for thousands of years.

The big difference here is those colonisations happened quite a time ago and a suppositely civilized nation should be doing things like that right now. Time have changed. If they started owning slaves now would you just say "Well you did it too"

Ok. So according to you Netanyahu is encouraging more Palestinian children to be burned alive and his endgoal is the ethnic cleansing of all Palestinian? And here I though he was just a conservative politcian! Must be very comforting to have such simple, black and white view of a very complicated problem.

He's doing nothing to stop the settlement, which shows that he clearly doesn't care.

Toxi

Banned
I'm not sure you understand what ethnic cleansing is. The continued illegal expansion into the West Bank, displacing anyone living on the property, is blatant ethnic cleansing.

And yes, he's a very conservative politician. And just like a lot of very conservative politicians, he's a colossal asshole who shouldn't be in power.

funkypie

Banned
It may be an abomination, but it's an abomination we now have to live with. We can't unestablish Israel now, it's too late. There's too many innocent people that have lived their whole lives there to displace them at this point.

What we can do, is try to stop Israel from laying claim to more land and creating more innocent (though I guess settler families usually aren't that innocent) people that we can't move later.

what you call innocent, I call them people guilty of allowing this to happen. These people elect these right wing nutjobs and the majority are happy with the status quo.

The same people who pull out a sofa to watch bombs drop on their neighbours.

what you call innocent, I call them people guilty of allowing this to happen. These people elect these right wing nutjobs and the majority are happy with the status quo.

The same people who pull out a sofa to watch bombs drop on their neighbours.

To be honest though.. considering Israel's company in the region. I'd be out there enjoying the show with a bowl of popcorn as well.

This whole "we're above this.." shit needs to be deaded. Quick.

It may be an abomination, but it's an abomination we now have to live with. We can't unestablish Israel now, it's too late. There's too many innocent people that have lived their whole lives there to displace them at this point.

This is a rather one sided view. What about the innocents who are forced from their homes to make way for these 'innocents'?

We shouldn't force one group of 'innocents' but should leave the other innocents to deal with it?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Israel is a daily reminder that you can get away with anything you want as long as you have the money and power ( like we need something like that)
RIP poor child

The big difference here is those colonisations happened quite a time ago and a suppositely civilized nation should be doing things like that right now. Time have changed. If they started owning slaves now would you just say "Well you did it too"

The big difference now is that we invade countries for their oil on pretences of weapons of mass destruction. Shit hasn't changed that significantly, all you have to do is look at the wars between Western countries and also those not in the west for past 50 years. Hell we even have an expansionist leader in the making taking advantage neighbouring countries pacifism (ring a bell).

We all like to pretend significant war crimes, expansionist ideologies, and ethnic cleansing are beyond us, in our new progressive times, but the reality of global affairs paint a very different picture.

To be honest though.. considering Israel's company in the region. I'd be out there enjoying the show with a bowl of popcorn as well.

you'd be enjoying the bombing of civilians with a bowl of popcorn...

..interesting. to be honest you suck ass breh.

M.D

God, the day an Arab country declared war on Israel they'll have more volunteers than they know what to do with. Arabs really really really hate that cancer of a country.

Dude Israel can never destroy all Arab states. Sooner or later, there will come an Arab state that will wipe it off the map. The countdown to Israel's end started with its inception, just like the crusader states.

I'm not talking genocide here. The establishment of Israel is the obomination that needs to be destroyed.

At the very least, it's nice of you to say what a lot of other people are thinking and fantasizing about.

Lmao so because other countries were dicks in the past, it's okay to do airstrikes and gun down civilians.

What a fucked up individual you are.

At least you tell us how you feel and not beat around the bush.

Zaph

If the roles were reversed, today would be the start of another Palestinian massacre under the guise of "destroying tunnels".

M.D

If by a lot you mean 100% of the Arab and Islamic worlds and most of the non-western world.

Oh, don't worry.. I know exactly the type of people we're dealing with . The various one state solution, two state solution, BDS movements, "I'm just anti-zionist! honest!" - It would just be very nice if they were all as brave as you and said it outright instead of hiding behind words and ideas

Chariot

fawaz stop. Without a doubt there are a lot of people who dislike what Israel does. Hell, a lot of people in the west are really disgusted about the state of Israel. But don't push it so far. Israelis are people, even if they follow a terrorists doctrine at the moment. As a german I can only say: we all make mistakes in trusting our government. Although I think the founding of Israel was a mistake, it can't be just undone. But this country has to stop the masscres and the ethnic cleansing, it has to stick in it's own borders and give the palestinians back their human rights. While they're at it make it a state of israelis, not of jews.

Toxi

Banned
Oh, don't worry.. I know exactly the type of people we're dealing with . The various one state solution, two state solution, BDS movements, "I'm just anti-zionist! honest!" - It would just be very nice if they were all as brave as you and said it outright instead of hiding behind words and ideas
Wonderful, we got the classic "all criticism of Israel is secretly anti-semitism" apologist in one corner and fawaz fantasizing about genocide in the other.

Meanwhile, Israel continues its expansion into the West Bank and people like this toddler pay the price.

fawaz

Banned
It would be nice if respectable awesome people like you would stop crying anti-semitism whenever they get called on their shit. If Israel was a fire worshipping Mongol tribe it wouldn't change shit.

gogosox82

I don’t think I will “shut the fuck up”. But I am staying out of the whole settlement discussion and who did what to whom first. Killing children is never justified. I hope the people who did this get found, tried and punished by a court of law. And the chance of that happening are a lot higher than it is when the situation is reversed.

Expect innocent Palestinians get thrown in jail without a trial or any due process while Israelis who kill innocent Palestinians aren't even charged so I fail to see how you can make such a claim.

Ushay

A fucking toddler burned alive. In what world is such an action ever justifiable? I feel for the family. A huge loss for them :(

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
smiley-rolleyes008.gif

yea

and keep building houses for these terrorists

burnjanso

Almost every week my Catholic priest criticizes Israel. I'm kinda getting brainwashed by my priest into hating Israel when he keeps mixing gospel with hatred towards Israel. And the weird thing is this is happening in Korea.

Almost every week my Catholic priest criticizes Israel. I'm kinda getting brainwashed by my priest into hating Israel when he keeps mixing gospel with hatred towards Israel. And the weird thing is this is happening in Korea.

Well I mean he already brainwashed you before so hey

fawaz stop. Without a doubt there are a lot of people who dislike what Israel does. Hell, a lot of people in the west are really disgusted about the state of Israel. But don't push it so far. Israelis are people, even if they follow a terrorists doctrine at the moment. As a german I can only say: we all make mistakes in trusting our government. Although I think the founding of Israel was a mistake, it can't be just undone. But this country has to stop the masscres and the ethnic cleansing, it has to stick in it's own borders and give the palestinians back their human rights. While they're at it make it a state of israelis, not of jews.

This thread is just proof you can get away with the most astonishing venom and vitriol towards Israel on this forum, its shameful. The country exists because the entirety of Europe tried to destroy the jewish people - something that is firing back up again, by the way. Perhaps if Europeans weren't so hellbent on putting jews in ovens they wouldn't need their own country.

Countries around the world behave far worse than Israel and get nowhere near as much scrutiny. Its easy to judge from a distance, just about every country on earth has behaved far worse in the course of wars than Israel has.

Baki

I don’t think I will “shut the fuck up”. But I am staying out of the whole settlement discussion and who did what to whom first. Killing children is never justified. I hope the people who did this get found, tried and punished by a court of law. And the chance of that happening are a lot higher than it is when the situation is reversed.

Lol. Are you sure about that? If the situation was reversed, Israel would launch an offensive which would result in civilian casualties - or 'collateral damage' as the IDF would classify it.

What a disgusting and racist regime. Makes my stomach turn knowing our tax dollars in the West support this regime directly with financial and military support.

The country exists because the entirety of Europe tried to destroy the jewish people - something that is firing back up again, by the way. Perhaps if Europeans weren't so hellbent on putting jews in ovens they wouldn't need their own country.
Think you need a history lesson
Countries around the world behave far worse than Israel and get nowhere near as much scrutiny. Its easy to judge from a distance, just about every country on earth has behaved far worse in the course of wars than Israel has.
"but these guys are worse"
yeah ok, that's a great line of defense

zeroOman

This thread is just proof you can get away with the most astonishing venom and vitriol towards Israel on this forum, its shameful. The country exists because the entirety of Europe tried to destroy the jewish people - something that is firing back up again, by the way. Perhaps if Europeans weren't so hellbent on putting jews in ovens they wouldn't need their own country.

What... I thought it was the Nazi... so all Europe are Nazi

The entirety of Europe? ....laughable nonsense.

Secondly, Israel gets shit because it deserves it, also Palestinians and their children never stuck Jews in ovens as you put it.

Destroying a people and stealing their land and that's your excuse? Lame.

Burning toddlers in their homes is no fucking war.

Chariot

This articles say exactly the opposite what you said. The court rejected the notion of israeli because it would undermine the "jewishness". Israel is still a state for jews from jews and everyone else is lesser.

Oh wow. Talk about generalisation.

Mimosa97

I'm not talking genocide here. The establishment of Israel is the obomination that needs to be destroyed.

I've always supported the rights of palestinians but people like you make me sick. You're pretty much calling for a genocide. I can't believe I'm reading this here on Neogaf.

Look at yourself in the mirror next time. I bet you're not half as angry with ISIS. Get your priorities straight. I know all the hate is concentrated on Israel in Arab countries because it's an easy target. Politicians have milked that shit as much as they could.

As for the killing of a toddler, no surprise. Hamas kills randomly and their fans rejoice, Jewish settlers kill children and their supporters rejoice, and the circle of hate continues. And Netanyahu can go suck a dick.

burnjanso

What's his GAF name?

LOL.

It's not an isolated event. my experience as a catholic i.e. twenty plus years of Catholicism. Whatever the circumstances are, Israel is doing it wrong. Maybe they have the wrong PR guys. How can a country have a reputation so bad in the far east?

Wtf, if Israel has garnered ire it was when it started taking land that didn't belong to it

The way it treats the Palestinians is also contributing to that hate

LOL.

It's not an isolated event. my experience as a catholic i.e. twenty plus years of Catholicism. Whatever the circumstances are, Israel is doing it wrong. Maybe they have the wrong PR guys. How can a country have a reputation so bad in the far east?

Because they've been doing horrible things for decades ?
But hey it's better to blame it on anti-semitism I guess

FuuRe

Baffling to realize some posters in here justify war like it's a necessary thing to achieve a validation of their political views.

Terrorism, war, bombings and a dead toddler are not tools to achieve anything good, whatever side is doing them.

The Palestinians and Israelis do not deserve all this shit, don't downplay the outcome of this atrocities based on your pov, be more human.

Mimosa97

I agree with you that people in this thread are getting away with hate speech which shouldn't be the case and I agree that there are countries who are clearly more dangerous than Israel but it doesn't change the fact that palestinians have been abused for decades and nothing has changed. The difference between Israel and other countries who " behave " badly is that Israel get the support of every western nation and they keep selling themselves as the beacon of light in the middle east, and keep using this kind of semantics to get support for all over the world from people who simply hate arabs/muslims. Look at who supports Israel the most in the US ? Hateful right-wing loonies.

I think like you that the jews deserved their own country. I'm glad they have theirs now, but just maybe they should have gotten one in Europe, don't you think ? I'm French and I really believe our european countries, who are responsible of the genocide, should have lost part of their lands to create a jewish state. But zionism was already a thing, and jewish settlers were already settling the holy land way before WWII. The genocide only made the process more quick. Anyways this discussion is useless, now Israel is a real thing and they're not going anywhere, So this kind of debate about the legitimacy of Israel is useless and borderline suspicious. Israelis and palestinians both deserve to live in peace. So yeah cut the inflamatory rhetoric people and stop the israel bashing. I'm a big critic of their policies and of their successive governments, if you're advocating for the destruction of a country, you're a psychopath you need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom