• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Papers, Please |OT| Glory to Arstotzka!

Question about day 20:
What do you do with the poison? I'm assuming you're supposed to put it on the guy's passport, but I can't figure out how.

Question about day 20:
What do you do with the poison? I'm assuming you're supposed to put it on the guy's passport, but I can't figure out how.

This took me a little bit too. You have to open the envelope again, there's another arrow you can click. Then you press it down onto the passport.

NewGame

Banned
This game is a nightmare and realistically mixes the stress and critical thinking of a immigration officer. I love it!!

Is there any randomization in the campaign aside from the people who come through or will the same events and special characters appear on the same day?

duckroll

Is there any randomization in the campaign aside from the people who come through or will the same events and special characters appear on the same day?

The story mode is mostly scripted, with some random variation. So the same events and story characters always show up. Endless mode is supposed to be entirely randomized but I haven't unlocked it yet.

NewGame

Banned
Okay. How do you get past this guy again? Wasted a whole day with his stupid face standing there doing nothing.

v88f.png

I am on day 11.

I dunno if I should let in these Order people or not. Also I don't know if I did the right thing by listening to that guy who gave me two sets of documents and told me to give the next guy asking for them a copy of fakes.

duckroll

Regarding the Ezic Order, did I do something wrong on day 20?
I was told the assassin was arriving, and I was given the poison. I stamped the poison onto the passport TWICE. But a few days later I was told he killed 2 agents. ??????? :(

Man, I want DLC or a sequel.

I just want MORE.

Endless mode is fun, I completely love the process of the gameplay. It's just so damn fun. I wish they even sold a little controller shaped as a stamp so I can smash the crap out of my table. It's so satisfying.

Please come to VITA or Android.

In fact, I should change career paths.

Regarding the Ezic Order, did I do something wrong on day 20?
I was told the assassin was arriving, and I was given the poison. I stamped the poison onto the passport TWICE. But a few days later I was told he killed 2 agents. ??????? :(

Yeah, you definitely did it wrong.
You have to make sure to open the envelope correctly, and after you stamp it onto the passport it will really clearly be on there, then there's a small cutscene.

duckroll

Yeah, you definitely did it wrong.
You have to make sure to open the envelope correctly, and after you stamp it onto the passport it will really clearly be on there, then there's a small cutscene.

The fact that I suck at carrying out a murder actually makes me feel better! Lol.

So this has been sufficiently expanded past what we saw in the beta? I can't wait to dive into this.
For one, it's much harder. You can't cheese the game by foregoing paying rent and getting lots of money in the beta. Tough decisions are most definitely in your future.

Bedlam

You know what doesn't go together well? Drinking beer and playing this game. It's so stressful after day 25-ish with 4 or 5 documents in front of you. :-/

Made it out of the country with one relative. My son died the eve before Christmas... it's probably for the best. I guess that's an "okay" ending.

Day 11ish spoilers:
I took a 1000 dollar bribe.
Easy street here I come.
Enjoy it as long as you can. :p

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Playstation version incoming?

Hello again @dukope. You’re awesome. I’m not. Forgive my slackness. Can we talk? Are we hooked up on Skype? shahid.k.ahmad

I am not ready for such awesomeness.
Actually, I am.

Shahid also said in another of his tweets: "I want Papers, Please on PlayStation".

I am so hyped right now.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I've got
Lestrade in front of me
, but I don't know what to highlight to interrogate him. Any help?

EDIT: Just figured it out

That's kind of the point.

I know.

Also I will definitely print that cheat sheet.

This game is also getting really hard. I make ~50 to 55 per day, but my costs are 5 over what I make. I'm dipping into my savings slowly but surely. Gonna have to start taking bribes.

dramatis

Lol I've played enough to have them all memorized by now. My problems stem from always forgetting to stamp reason late game.

My son's birthday is in 2 days. I hope he considers the steady supply of heat and food, and the survival of every single member of his family as a gift. If he is lucky I will be able to make enough to move to a higher class of housing.

Jasconius

I feel like I'm missing something regarding the smugglers in the game... if I deny people whose weight is wrong but everything else matches, it gives me a penalty for not allowing them in, but if I allow them in, it gives me a penalty for their weight not matching! I never see anything on the scans, so I started just clicking on the no weapons or contraband thing anyway, and it says no correlation, then it STILL says I let a possible smuggler through... I'm just not sure what to do. :/

duckroll

I feel like I'm missing something regarding the smugglers in the game... if I deny people whose weight is wrong but everything else matches, it gives me a penalty for not allowing them in, but if I allow them in, it gives me a penalty for their weight not matching! I never see anything on the scans, so I started just clicking on the no weapons or contraband thing anyway, and it says no correlation, then it STILL says I let a possible smuggler through... I'm just not sure what to do. :/

Do you just look at the front photo or do you check the back as well?

You need to check the weight and then if there is nothing wrong let them pass.

Also I am on the day with the journalist.
The Order guy told me one of their own would pass through, but gave me no indication as to who it was. How do I figure it out?

dramatis

Also I am on the day with the journalist.
The Order guy told me one of their own would pass through, but gave me no indication as to who it was. How do I figure it out?
He gives you a card, put it on a passport, it should spell something obvious

duckroll

Don't feel bad about sucking. I just got YET ANOTHER BAD ENDING. RIP. I totally forgot about a diplomatic "friend" my boss mentioned like.... many days ago. Gave her shit, and he fucked me up. :(

Day 26:
Elisa and Sergei's reunion was simple, yet so movingly depicted. I replayed that day until I made sure Sergei didn't die! That was a fate I could not accept.

I am at day 3. There is someone with the country's ID card. How do i let them in? I tried everything but couldn't let them in.

Don't you just highlight the rule "Need Passport" and then click the table? If they say they lack a passport you get a temporary visa slip "for denials only"

calder

I was still struggling with the fake geography so I whipped this up in Paint. Yes it's kinda rough because, again, Paint, but mostly because I couldn't be bothered to use a grid or actually measure the images when I cropped the screen shots so all the screens were slightly different sizes.

Not really spoilers, unless you've only played like 2 days. And my second monitor is 1080 so that's what I made the image at, with the top right being the blank square because that's where my GPU and CPU meter go. ;)

EDIT: I guess while I have it open it takes like 30 seconds to resize it to 1280x720, so...

Top Bottom