• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paradise Lost: First Contact - KS - 2D Alien game - PC/Mac/Linux (PS3/4/Vita, WiiU)

linko9

This looks incredible. Backed, wish I knew about it earlier. It's like the zero-suit section of Zero Mission made into a full-fledged game.

Stike

After seeing the trailer, I had no choice but to back this.

Can't wait. I hope the project gets some nice funding!

Bulzeeb

c6df2236595d116f75e4abdcff3259e6_large.gif

Update: Let's-a go! About Wii U dev and your loveable support!!!

Basically saying they would love to have the game on Wii U, but it isn't possible for them to port it without reaching this high goal (they want to make use of special Wii U features and they have to test things while still not having a huge team to do so).

And yeah, 40% within 2 days!

damn, now I'll put this kickstarter on my watch list and back the game if they manage to get the wii U version

kuppy

No 360/Xbone version? The easiest platforms to develop for? Why don't they get bankrolled by Sony directly then?

These "new" indies, man...
The new changes to the Xbox One in regard to Indies are very friendly, yes, but sadly this is only in theory. At the moment no one knows how they treat indies when it comes to releasing the game and promoting it. If there will also be no problems in regards to that from now on, then sure, I see no point why not to support the Xbox One as platform. But until there are some straight down expressions for that, those Team Meat horror stories will overshadow the platform and it is understandable to not go for it.

Bulzeeb

Is that the only reason to back a Kickstarter? What about just supporting an indie dev and a promising game?

I already have tons of indie games in my pc so adding it to my backlog means I won't be playing it any time soon besides I am already waiting for some indie games on kickstarter, now if I put it on my wii U chances are that I might end playing it sooner so yeah, a wii U version is basically the unique factor that might make me support a new indie game... fuck my pc backlog

Mr. Pixel tie

Neo Member
Hi people! I'm Enol Martínez, lead designer and artist at Asthree Works.

I'm here to talk with you and have some feedback from the community.
Also, I want to clear all your doubts so feel free to ask me anything about the project!

Besides that, I want to thank all of you for the fantastic support and the kind words. That strives our team to make the game the best we can ;)

neogaf_ninty.gif

In the last update we added Wii U as a release platform. Many players asked for it and we decided to make that happen and develop this version since the beginning. Only thing is that we don't assure a day 1 launch for this version... we need more funding (there's a stretch goal for that) to speed up things and release it with the rest of versions.

Hope you like this decision!

patchday

So happy to see a thread for this interesting looking game! I backed it as soon as I saw it appear on Kickstarter. The devs seem very cool too. They regularly respond to questions, have even backed other indies, etc. Project looks epic too. I'm getting a Half Life 1 vibe by looking at the trailer personally

maxcriden

Enol, welcome to GAF and that is fantastic news! I am psyched to play the game on Wii U when it releases. I will gladly purchase it day one.

ETA: That gif of the characters playing Wii U is awesome!

Welcome to GAF, Enol! Game is looking amazing and can't wait to see more

So what are your ideas for that multiplayer mode? As a stealth fan, I'm both hesitant and intrigued by the possibilities (I do think a Splinter Cell/Spies vs Mercs-style mode where one or two players are plants and the others are armed security would be cool)

JDSN

Banned
Hey Enol, thank you for being so flexible and changing the goals, like I said I supported your game from day one and your response to feedback says a lot about your commitment to deliver.

I was kind expecting to see you guys on Madrid Games Week, congrats to the person behind the music, its one of the big reasons of what sets this apart from other similar pitches.

Mr. Pixel tie

Neo Member
Thanks guys! your kind words make my days.

@More_Badass seems like you are one of our biggest fans hahaha and also you're very "tuned" with some of our ideas too ;D

Actually we were thinking about a Splinter Cell / MGS4 / Team fortress (weird fusion of things btw) like multiplayer consisting in a fight between plants and spec-ops, with every member of each team having exclusive abilities.

Other mode could consist in a "find and capture the plant" with 3 / 4 security comrades searching for the alien and other player sneaking trough different scenarios, all of them against the clock.
I think this last idea implemented in the Wii U with the plant-player seeing the position of the rest of friends on the gamepad could be awesome.

@JDSN don't worry pal, probably in the next MGW we could see you! I'll send your congrats to Pablo, our composer... he's doing a fascinating sound work.

kuppy

Ah, also updated the OP with the new details.

Guess I switch to the $15 tier with $5 soundtrack on top then..
Might also add the shirt if the soon to be revealed design will be amazing.

Weng

Actually we were thinking about a Splinter Cell / MGS4 / Team fortress (weird fusion of things btw) like multiplayer consisting in a fight between plants and spec-ops, with every member of each team having exclusive abilities.

Other mode could consist in a "find and capture the plant" with 3 / 4 security comrades searching for the alien and other player sneaking trough different scenarios, all of them against the clock.
I think this last idea implemented in the Wii U with the plant-player seeing the position of the rest of friends on the gamepad could be awesome.
OMG, yes please.

undrtakr900

Wow this game looks fun with a kool art style, will definitely be backing this game.

Also all future kickstarters should take note, THIS is how you do a kickstarter page. The wording, formatting, colorful illustrations, art-style, animated gifs, etc. all flow perfectly together... hell even the pie-chart breaking down the expense is awesome. Not to mention the CEO dog lol

So awesome!!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1183462809/paradise-lost-first-contact/posts/668852

35ef3168fff9316c3d8922cdd5ed82a3_large.png

0d58eb680149129952ec0e6006915c9a_large.png

"Meanwhile at the Bioarma area, a group of engineers have developed a new armor, the Drifter, connected to a high tech helmet that expands the reflects and abilities of the user within an exoskeleton. But during the tests with humans something went wrong, and the armor gets damaged by an overload of hyper light energy flux. Now the Drifter is out of control and hunting every live being on it's path"

Yes, it's for real! This is the way you will find "The Drifter", a new easter egg boss in Paradise Lost. We teamed-up with Heart Machine, developer of Hyper Light Drifter, working together to include cameos in both games.

Hi people! I'm Enol Martínez, lead designer and artist at Asthree Works.

I'm here to talk with you and have some feedback from the community.
Also, I want to clear all your doubts so feel free to ask me anything about the project!

Besides that, I want to thank all of you for the fantastic support and the kind words. That strives our team to make the game the best we can ;)

neogaf_ninty.gif

In the last update we added Wii U as a release platform. Many players asked for it and we decided to make that happen and develop this version since the beginning. Only thing is that we don't assure a day 1 launch for this version... we need more funding (there's a stretch goal for that) to speed up things and release it with the rest of versions.

Hope you like this decision!

Great, now do the same for PS4!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe I just found out about this. New update!

You ready? Hyper Light Drifter - Paradise Lost crossover!!!

35ef3168fff9316c3d8922cdd5ed82a3_large.png

Yes, it's for real! This is the way you will find "The Drifter", a new easter egg boss in Paradise Lost.

0d58eb680149129952ec0e6006915c9a_large.png

Come on guys, lets reach the 200K at least! (It would be awesome if we got PS3/4/Vita versions).

Wii U comes at 230K$ so donate away NOW!

EDIT: I suck at reading, just saw that someone posted this *facepalm*. Sorry.

maxcriden

I can't believe I just found out about this. New update!

Wii U comes at 230K$ so donate away NOW!

EDIT: I suck at reading, just saw that someone posted this *facepalm*. Sorry.

FYI, Wii U is now guaranteed as a platform -- the stretch goal is to guarantee a day one release on the system.

BraXzy

How is this still only on its first couple pages?! It looks awesome. The artwork is really nice, the animations especially.

Weng

These indie cross over ideas are pretty cool. I sure hope the play as good as they look.

Speaking of indie games, I saw this one called The Girl and The Robot. It's officially coming to Steam and Wii U. It's kickstarter is currently at $27,000 with 11 hours to left. It just needs around $2,660 or so to meet its in-game music player and art gallery stretch goal.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2039811773/the-girl-and-the-robot?ref=live
There's even a thread for it :p

Chariot

Ok, no Vita Version in sight, but the devs seem to be very cool and the art is awesome, so I still pledge.
May I ask: How many dollars were funded via PayPal? (I'd like to know because of the stretchgoals)

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
This looks really nice! Too bad I can't afford any more pledges for now... Give it a few weeks so I can see my money situation, then I'll make a decision from there.

Good luck with this, Mr. Pixel tie!

Top Bottom