• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PaRappa the Rapper told me to drop dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesonak

What the hell, I just read up on all the updates about this. This sure spiraled out of control quickly.

Best of luck getting this situation investigated.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
If this email is not a fake, which it could well be:

I think this guy just subscribes to the whole "There is no such thing as bad publicity" philosophy, and maybe that's why he's behaving in this seemingly irrational way.

Maybe he wants to go to jail to establish street cred?

He takes pains to say that this is not a death threat, which is, of course, wrong.

I doubt op is in real danger, but the stakes are too high not to take every precaution.

Good luck!

"THIS IS NOT A THREAT"
"YOU ARE A DEAD BOY"

Uh.

It reads like the parody of someone who is shizophrenic, kinda like the Zombie-diary in Resident Evil 1 ("Itchy, Tasty"), but with multiple personalities instead of zombification....

God, what an unfortunate turn for the (even) worse.

IrishNinja

well, OP...the way i see it, you have only one option

ujl64.jpg

Trey

When he says "this is not a threat," he's saying that it's not just words - that real danger is being sent Camjo's way. It's a rhetorical device used to escalate the seriousness of the intent to do harm.

If this email is not a fake, which it could well be:

Pretty much no chance of the threat being fake - I doubt that anyone dumb enough to fake a threat would top it off with Foxx's John Simpson alias, let alone know that is an alias of his.

(Edit: Goddamnit that's his real name, what's wrong with me)

Omega

Banned
Why the fuck would you post that on here instead of talking with the police?

Seriously. Get off the fucking internet and handle your business.

hey man, for those of us that have been here from the beginning we need updates. Thanks Camjo!

also lol. he's got gangbangers after you as well as a legal team. you fucked up so bad your corpse is gonna be put on trial

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
This guy doesn't know when to give up. I still can't believe all this is about $100.

This sums up my thoughts. Holy crap!

I wonder how long it will be for Kotaku to get their hands on this story (or Sony cause ya know, PR and stuff).

Kusagari

There's something hilarious about him talking about how he has gangbangers out for you while at the same talking about his awesome legal team.

Stay safe, OP.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
There's something hilarious about him talking about how he has gangbangers out for you while at the same talking about his awesome legal team.

Stay safe, OP.

Yeah that blows my mind too. I can't even comprehend...

Hope things will be ok!

Amir0x

Banned
go to police seriously that's some fucked shit

as an aside: jesus let's hope Sony doesn't announce a new Parappa game lol

So I was checking my inbox a few minutes ago, waiting for a confirmation e-mail. Didn't see it so I checked my junk box, and what do I find but this.

Now, this could just be someone pranking me, but it does seem to be his e-mail going off a quick Google search, and the whole message was accidentally written in the subject line which cut the last part off - he actually re-sent a second version that included the full thing. That kind of buffoonery makes me suspect it could actually be Dred writing it.

Either way... pretty messed up.

Dammit Camjo-Z, stay safe!

I sold you a digital game code once. Every time this thread comes up, I'm reminded of how bad an idea it would've been to cross you.

Anyway, have your FANmily look out for you. No negativity. 1love1parappa. don't antibiotic your viruses. Etc.

KaufLive

Ugh, I always loved reading the updates in this thread, but this is too much.

Sorry Camjo that you have to go through all this... I hope it'll work out and the cops will actually do something to help, take care man!

If you don't update this thread I have a female banger near your town who said if she see you she's gonna slash your face with a boxcutter without warning.

But this is NOT a THREAT... serious

Dawg

This dude has some serious issues.

I'm surprises no gaming website has reported on this yet. I can only imagine how the guy would blow up then.

Chabbles

Damn, that Dred dude sounds like he's in a bad place mentally(if the emails genuine) .He mightnt necessarily do anything right now OP. but say in 6 months when he loses custody of his kid or some other crazy shit like that (if he continues to spiral). he could go off the deep end and attribute his loss to you.. you dont really know what your dealing with, but that email is crazy. Best to get authorities involved to be safe.

L Thammy

Remind me. This is a dispute over a hundred dollars?
One hundred dollars.

Despite his "Im not gonna incriminate myself" he has just totally incriminated himself, though. For much worse than the initial breach of contract.

Drayco21

Did...did PaRappa the Rapper just threaten to have somebody mutilate you with a boxcutter? Over $100? Jesus Christ. I really hope that future stuff involving PaRappa drop Dredd after all this bullshit- this definitely needs to be taken to the police, regardless how likely any of it actually is.

Edit: for clarity, by "how likely it is" I actually meant how likely the validity of this particular boxcutter to the face from a minion threat is, not whether Foxx is a piece of shit scumbag making threats, which he clearly is. I didn't mean to come across as doubting the OP- I absolutely believe the story, I just worded that really poorly.

BosSin

I just got up to date with the latest stuff and oh man. You should still call the police but I'm 90% sure that he's full of shit... again. Anything that comes out of him is just straight up bullshit. Calling him washed up would be a compliment because he never really got that big in the first place. I'm sure his "crew" is just a bunch of childish manbabies on the internet lining up to kiss his ass because some guy, who had basic rhymes on a very old videogame, actually spoke to them.

this definitely needs to be taken to the police, regardless how likely any of it actually is.
With that squeaky-clean child-like voice of his, who'd ever think it? It's like Micheal Jackson threatening you; how could you ever take it seriously?

R.I.P Micheal Jackson

L Thammy

I'm sure his "crew" is just a bunch of childish manbabies on the internet lining up to kiss his ass because some guy, who had basic rhymes on a very old videogame, actually spoke to them.

Childish manbaby Bkllyn "banger"s
At least one of whom is female.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So I was checking my inbox a few minutes ago, waiting for a confirmation e-mail. Didn't see it so I checked my junk box, and what do I find but this.

Now, this could just be someone pranking me, but it does seem to be his e-mail going off a quick Google search, and the whole message was accidentally written in the subject line which cut the last part off - he actually re-sent a second version that included the full thing. That kind of buffoonery makes me suspect it could actually be Dred writing it.

Either way... pretty messed up.

God, this thread just keeps on giving.

And obviously, he's crossed more than a few lines if that was actually Dred.

RyanBankz

Neo Member
This thread Lmaoooooooooo.
All over $100!

I'm 98% he's just talking out of his ass, again. But yeah man, sorry you had to go through all this foolishness Camjo!

Bangers & Legal Teams lolllllll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom