• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pat the nes punk blast gamers

hecatomb

Banned
Guess people are not happy with blizzard right now, and he's calling everyone a cry baby who doesn't like the new diablo game, and telling them to sit the fuck down.

brap

Banned
Pat is a 40 year old manchild who always cries and whines about resellers when he does the same shit. He acts like he's always so above everybody else so fuck him and his opinion.

Grinchy

Banned
And yet, I assume there are plenty of examples of him being upset when a thing he likes changes for the worse and he's told to continue liking it blindly.

Last edited:

Harlock

Pat and Ian become very pedants in the last couple of years. Every consumer problem they put themselves in a moral high ground and condemns the fans as crying babies. In every situation. This one was just the worst case.

Zog

Banned
I am 100% against hype, I have called it anti-consumer. This video pretty well sums it up for me. Consumers should be excited, spread word of mouth advertising and pre-order but can't have a negative opinion, ever. Consumers should just buy and be happy with what they are given and not have expectations.

Last edited:
Yeah honestly Pat and Ian can fuck right off with that shit. I actually couldn't believe it. Ian dismisses a lot of non-left-think but he keeps it in check. Pat is usually pretty well rounded. Normally I love their pod cast. But this section really was disgusting. Pat is one of the original classic gaming channels on YT up there with AGVN and Happy Console Gamer.

CoolZombie

Neo Member
I’ve always thought that Pat (and his mate Ian to be fair) was an arrogant self important twat. Can’t think why... 🤔

I'm not going to let a man child living in his little den of nostalgia get to me, his relevance on the internet is a decade out of date now.

Lanrutcon

"Entitled"

That word has lost all meaning because of twats using it to describe anyone who actually voices a critical opinion.

Come on, Pat.

Edit: Couldn't get through the video. Host seems to believe he gets to decide who is and who isn't a "real gamer".

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Yeah, I’ve never heard of him either, but that screen cap of his face in the clip in the OP is triggering my punching reflex.

MayauMiao

I've been watching Pat for years way back when he actually produce content. Most enjoyable ones are the Flea Market Madness and his goody retro NES review.

After that video and the way he reacted insulting Diablo fans who genuinely dedicated their time and money to support Blizzard, I just hit unsubscribe button to his channel. What a punk.

klosos

What is it with all this people siding with Billion dollar corporations , Cant a consumer have an opinion ? why do this people always have to degrade the consumer opinion by using words like "crying" ?

Fact of the matter is, i am "Entitled" , i am entitled to decide where my money does or does not go. my money and time are important to me and if you cant offer me what i want i will go else where.

also Path of Exile a far better ARPG then Diablo 3 is coming out on PS4 in Decemeber , it as a fair free to play system with only cosmetic micro transactions. give it a chance you wont be disappointed.

I watch these two every once in a while when there’s a topic of interest and a video pops up in my subscription feed.

Im 50/50 on them. Ian seems to be a bit of a weird over reacting drama queen, and pat is an unbearable, elitist “buy my book” humble bragger. Neither of these people would ever get the pleasure of my company in real life, but they do touch on topics (retro/emulation) a lot of the media ignores, so I suppose they have that going for them.

"Entitled"

That word has lost all meaning because of twats using it to describe anyone who actually voices a critical opinion.

And it's ironic because it's more often than not used by people who believe that people should get special treatment for their race, gender or sexual orientation.

Anyway, I'm disappointed in Pat, I haven't really followed him but seemed like an alright guy from little I've seen, this is a bad take though.

hecatomb

Banned
Yeah honestly Pat and Ian can fuck right off with that shit. I actually couldn't believe it. Ian dismisses a lot of non-left-think but he keeps it in check. Pat is usually pretty well rounded. Normally I love their pod cast. But this section really was disgusting. Pat is one of the original classic gaming channels on YT up there with AGVN and Happy Console Gamer.

I'm sure sure Pat is now on par with DSP, maybe not as bad, but still pretty close now.

DonF

I understand the reactions, people react, this is a hobby, I won't react further, I just wont buy it or don't spend money on it if its free. But complaining about people complaining is on another level of disconnect.

Audioout

I met him once. He was a nice dude. Went out of his way to talk to me. He's wrong here though. Way out of his element, out of touch, and, yes, condescending.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
And then we get people complaining about people complaining about people complaining.
Like that is better then people complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining that complain about the diablo mobile game.

I like Pat and generally like his podcast, and his youtube channel. That said he really, really got this one wrong. I'm disappointed that he took this stance. I'm not surprised Ian made the comments he did; Pat tends to be the level headed one.

They're both out of their element here. I enjoy Pat's content, but he needs to take the L on this one, move on, and not talk about it anymore.

Side note: I can't stand the dude in the video in the OP's post. He used to make good magic content then came out as a drama-queen memester.

Last edited:

Airola

Guess people are not happy with blizzard right now, and he's calling everyone a cry baby who doesn't like the new diablo game, and telling them to sit the fuck down.

I don't think he did that.
He isn't talking about people who don't like the game. He talks about certain reactions. To me it was pretty clear that they made a distinction between not liking a game and going up on barricades because of not liking the game.

Akuza89

He used to be a decent YouTuber... now he's purely just a podcast and doesn't do much else....

However, it is an opinion, just like the guy that stood up at blizzcon that asked if it was "an out of season April fools joke"

hecatomb

Banned
I don't think he did that.
He isn't talking about people who don't like the game. He talks about certain reactions. To me it was pretty clear that they made a distinction between not liking a game and going up on barricades because of not liking the game.
pretty sure he was, he said they are all cry babies, and telling them all to stfu, to the people who were all clapping for that guy asking a question. Im also not sure why Pat and his friend are acting like this. People are allowed to criticize game companies if they want to. Just like how people are criticizing SqurEnix for ruining FF and losing a ton of money, or how konami wants silent hill, castlevaina, and contra to die off.

People want a real diablo game; also this diablo game is only on mobile, maybe if it was on PSN and xbox live, people might actually give it a try.

Last edited:
"You deserve less than you get."

Wow, just wow. The level of condescension in their voices is truly disgusting. It's as if these billion dollar game companies are doing charity work for us. No, we're paying them good money for the products they're giving us. So no, we don't deserve less than we get. We deserve better for our cash.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Love how he made it into pewdiepies new video. What a pathetic fucking manchild. Even trying to get some fame off it. "Let me tell you how you're all babies while you gaze at my 80s nintendo cereal behind me and Hulk Hogan doll in front of me because I'm an empty shell of a human being that only exists because of nostalgia"

11:04

Last edited:
Top Bottom