• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Jackl

POE seems like it would have been the perfect game to play on my macbook air. I was really disappointed to find out that they do not have a native MAC client.

They're a small dev team and have alot on their plate. I imagine Mac/Linux ports are in the works eventually.

KKRT00

I have bigger desyncs on EU with 50ms latency than on US with 200ms latency xD
I have never fought with more desynced Brutus in PoE.

I've met some new rare Nemesis mods, seems cool, but names do not really explain what they do. I still dont know what two of them were doing, i havent noticed any change.

GGG also added tons of little details to the graphics.\

Spectral Throw is amazing, really great skill.

Marjar

Banned
I'm interested in this, but what I really want to know is if I can play a summoner and have my own personal army like in Diablo 2 with the Necromancer.

KKRT00

I'm interested in this, but what I really want to know is if I can play a summoner and have my own personal army like in Diablo 2 with the Necromancer.

Oh yeah, You can :) You can even take over other enemies or their ghosts and modify their skills with gems :)

I have bigger desyncs on EU with 50ms latency than on US with 200ms latency xD
I have never fought with more desynced Brutus in PoE.

I've met some new rare Nemesis mods, seems cool, but names do not really explain what they do. I still dont know what two of them were doing, i havent noticed any change.

GGG also added tons of little details to the graphics.\

Spectral Throw is amazing, really great skill.

yeah, what does vile touch do?

I have no idea what half this shit does anymore

I got disconnected right when I was about to hit a waypoint, had to do 2 zones over again.

Zeth

Question: Can I use one of my old lvl 70+ characters in regular Hardcore to do the quest that unlocks Scion?

Absolutely - some of my favorite characters were summoners.

KKRT00

Question: Can I use one of my old lvl 70+ characters in regular Hardcore to do the quest that unlocks Scion?

Absolutely - some of my favorite characters were summoners.

If You finished game at least once, she is already unlocked.

For the NeoGAF guild creation, i'd be willing to make it, and buy a +10 guild member expansion.

For the rest, isnt there a point donation thing that we could do, so that we could all chip in to making the guild larger?

Silky

Banned
For the NeoGAF guild creation, i'd be willing to make it, and buy a +10 guild member expansion.

For the rest, isnt there a point donation thing that we could do, so that we could all chip in to making the guild larger?

That'd seem like a good idea. Chip a $5 or whatever to the guild manager.

muu

how much is it to expand the guild? Wouldn't mind chipping in a little as I'm enjoying the first part of the game anyway.

Twinduct

I got 200 coins from the closed beta ... so yeah add in another +20 there from me

Jackl

Last I remember you could have:

8 Zombies
10 Skeletons
2-4 Ghosts(made from the corpse of whatever you killed)
And then mind control mobs.

Now they added two more summoning spells.

Added a new Strength/Intelligence Skill Gem - Animate Guardian: Animates a melee weapon or armour, attaching it to an invisible Guardian that fights by your side. Animating multiple items attaches them to the same Guardian. Guardians killed in PvP areas will not lose their items.
Added a new Dexterity/Intelligence Skill Gem - Animate Weapon: Animates a melee weapon to fight by your side. There's no limit on the number of weapons you can animate.

Oh then you can have Totem/s that spam skills you socket into them.

I haven't played this since January of this year and it didn't run all that great on my laptop (GeForce 550M), 8gb RAM. I see that performance optimizations are part of the update.

Anyone with a jank ass comp notice a difference?

I haven't played this since January of this year and it didn't run all that great on my laptop (GeForce 550M), 8gb RAM. I see that performance optimizations are part of the update.

Once I'm able to unlock my account and play I can give impressions about jank ass computers xD

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So they didn't do a character wipe? Assumed they did.

Just play in the new hardcore 4 months server with the cool guys. Everyone start fresh there, softcore is like the graveyard of the dead hardcore character.

Plus it is a lot more fun.

Ferrio

Banned
Just play in the new hardcore 4 months server with the cool guys. Everyone start fresh there, softcore is like the graveyard of the dead hardcore character.

Going to be playing with friends anyways, so going to do softcore. Hate for one of us to die and be seperated.

Silky

Banned

On GeForce 650M. Runs like butter.

Agreed. I would strongly recommend starting in Hardcore, even if you're a new player. Or at least beat the game on Normal before moving to HC. You can't beat the tension of only having the one life, the panic of flask spamming when you get in trouble, and the relief of making it out of a hairy encounter by the skin of your teeth.

V_Arnold

Dear lord in heavens, I just KNEW that Spectral Throw is going to be fun.
Picked a Scion, and the devs made it the first skill. Which is insane. Lv25 already, almost at the end of Act2.

Also, my luck was better than it was before: I got a Blessed orb and a Regal orb as well. And my summoner friend gave me his first unique drop, a unique gold amulet (+fire damage, +rarity, OMG). And we got a +16% etheral knives as well - it is currently sitting on my inv, but I prefer the Spectral Throw, actually.

tci

The Scion class is really interesting. Glad they made her available from the start for those who have unlocked Cruel. And yea, the spectral throw is really fun.

Stopped at lvl. 17 now. Got to Act 2. The act 1 boss was too easy with the Scion :)

Will play more tomorrow.

Marjar

Banned
Last I remember you could have:

8 Zombies
10 Skeletons
2-4 Ghosts(made from the corpse of whatever you killed)
And then mind control mobs.

Now they added two more summoning spells.

Added a new Strength/Intelligence Skill Gem - Animate Guardian: Animates a melee weapon or armour, attaching it to an invisible Guardian that fights by your side. Animating multiple items attaches them to the same Guardian. Guardians killed in PvP areas will not lose their items.
Added a new Dexterity/Intelligence Skill Gem - Animate Weapon: Animates a melee weapon to fight by your side. There's no limit on the number of weapons you can animate.

Oh then you can have Totem/s that spam skills you socket into them.

Welp time to download this.

Ricker

Nice store front page logo and all on Steam...I will stay with the regular launcher though,level 32 Marauder on the standard League...would like to join the Gaf Guild whenever this is set-up...

I am in chapter 2 and have that long ass trek to kill Vaal to do...soooo many ennemies on the way there with only one waypoint,reached him once and died(always played this solo).

Dr Dogg

Well I've been avoiding this like the plague due to knowing it would draw me in. So logged in with Steam after a painfully long download which has conveniently also created me an account over at www.pathofexile.com as well.

1 slight problem though is that it's showing as unverified and comes up with an error message when trying to (re)send due to being no email address to send it too. What's more to change your email address you need to input your password which, yet again I don't have one.

Bit of a oversight but their support forms look active enough.

anyone with an integrated card can play PoE now
i know this since i have a labtop with one
summon weapons?
can other classes be summoner lol male summoner Gilgamesh just spam animated swords

Nibiru

Banned
I poured more hours into this game than any other this year. I'm so hoping this finally gets the mainstream credit it deserves. The reviewers better play it a good while before reviewing it because so much of the game is lost on people that never play Cruel or Merc difficulty.

anyone with an integrated card can play PoE now
i know this since i have a labtop with one
summon weapons?
can other classes be summoner lol male summoner Gilgamesh just spam animated swords

Yes, you can use Animate Weapon and Animate Guardian on any class as long as you meet the attribute requirements.

Woorloog

Banned
Impressive passive skill tree (damn large).
Intriguing skill system (gems/sockets as active skills).
Intuitive user interface, though perhaps it is just so similar to Diablo's. Controls are not as smooth as Blizzard's though, i swear there's some delay and aiming certain spells is annoying.

The game is very ugly though, kinda crappy art. Environments are ugly, they're not "clean". Too much detail and stuff at times. Diablo 3 is a tad too bright (would like more contrast) but at least it is clear.

Also got Unique: Ondar's Clasp and i played only an hour or two or so.

spirity

I poured more hours into this game than any other this year. I'm so hoping this finally gets the mainstream credit it deserves. The reviewers better play it a good while before reviewing it because so much of the game is lost on people that never play Cruel or Merc difficulty.

I'm curious to see what sites like Gamespot, IGN and Gametrailers would make of this game. Shouldn't the reviews be up by now?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Going to be playing with friends anyways, so going to do softcore. Hate for one of us to die and be seperated.

Just play the hc character while soloing, it is a completely different experience. If that character die you can still use him in softcore.

spirity

Version 1.0.0b

Fixed a performance problem with Ice Shot and Arctic Breath.
You can now use an Orb of Fusing on an item with four linked sockets again. The change made in 1.0.0 only prevents fusing items that have five or six sockets that are already entirely linked.
Fixed a problem where an Animated Weapon would pause for too long when summoned.
Fixed a crash related to Shrines.
Fixed a problem with the lights in the Vaal Ruins.

Rubius

The game is very ugly though, kinda crappy art. Environments are ugly, they're not "clean". Too much detail and stuff at times. Diablo 3 is a tad too bright (would like more contrast) but at least it is clear..

They were going for a Diablo 1,2 look. So they succeeded in that. I like the art style. Big contrast between Torchlight 2, Diablo 3 and Path of Exile.
King_Leoric_in_Diablo1.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
They were going for a Diablo 1,2 look. So they succeeded in that. I like the art style. Big contrast between Torchlight 2, Diablo 3 and Path of Exile.
http://dotawarcraft.info/poze_big/King_Leoric_in_Diablo1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

D1/2 (well, D2 more than D1) look nice, and relatively clear (though arguably because they don't have much stuff on screen compared to more modern games). This... just no.
Perhaps i should try dropping all the extras (shadows, post-processing), keep high resolution and up the texture filtering. Doubt it will make the game look any cleaner/clearer though.

Gave this game a couple hours. I don't know, kind of boring and dull. I'm sure the loot system is fantastic and all, but I'm not sure that makes me want to play it.

I'd also agree that the graphics and sound design are about 6 years too old.

Woorloog

Banned
No shadows, medium AA (on top of 1600x900 (laptop)), 8x filtering, no post processing and the game looks suddenly somewhat better. Cleaner. Runs also much better but makes my laptop make more noise... Not sure i need 110fps...

Top Bottom