• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Perkel

Banned
You need to save her in the Sceptre of God to unlock her or have finished Act 3 in the beta.

You need actually at least one character that has reached higher def. I delated all my chars and i need too to unlock her.

So people how are those Nemesis mods on monsters ?

Kalnos

Banned
I'm more referring to how the AI lets you play, I guess. At a glance I don't see any skills that draw enemies to a character, so a weaker support character (does buffs and ranged attacks) could get right fucked if enemies decide bypass the tank to go straight for you.

Enduring Cry and Decoy Totem are the kind of 'taunt' abilities you're looking for. I don't know how enemy aggro works exactly.

Silky

Banned
If we're gonna do a guild, we miiiight need multiple ones or something.

I don't like the lack of direction the game has so far. Call me casual, but in ARPGs I'd like to /know/ where I'm going at least. :/

Twinduct

So what do you need to join a guild?
Busy creating a gmail doc for the EU guild, so just wanna know which fields to ask for.

If we're gonna do a guild, we miiiight need multiple ones or something.

I don't like the lack of direction the game has so far. Call me casual, but in ARPGs I'd like to /know/ where I'm going at least. :/

Do you mean character progression or story progression? From the beta I remember the story being pretty straight forward.

TomPUH

In beta I tried to make a melee brawler with attack speed and life steal as his only defense. As you can imagine it didn't go well. I should really play again.

Jackl

Story.

I dunno maybe I'm not paying attention enough to the UI or something

Each act has like 3 paths you need to complete, sometimes one is closed off and you need to complete your other quests before you can get to it. When in Doubt, press "u" I believe for the map/quest display.

In beta I tried to make a melee brawler with attack speed and life steal as his only defense. As you can imagine it didn't go well. I should really play again.

I made a Summoner templar, and was too fragile for the harder difficulties. My summons were ok, but I didn't get necessary support gems and curses to get through harder stuff.

I'm looking to start over, but don't know where to begin.

Twinduct

Depending on the Demand, I can buy like 20 extra slots for the EU guild. So I think we can support 50 in total then?

Also I have no real interest to actually 'run' the guild. Just want a place where a couple of guys can meet easily to play some of the league stuff and etc.

So if there is a veteran around with interest in doing this, please let me know!

Perkel

Banned

I will create Female paladin. Start as ranger go for mana and one handed buffs get aura or two and keep attack speed high and couple that with multishot and duoble strike

Basically D2 version of Zeal Pala just faster... which is amazing

Zeth

Upgraded two of my $20 packs to Regals for that sweet weapon effect. If hadn't been so clueless I could've gotten a $200 pack with all the random point packs I've purchased.

NZNova

Is login down? I linked my old Path of Exile account to my steam account and tried to login, then got an email saying my account was locked due to logging in from a new location with an unlock code. However when I try to login it just sits there on "contacting server" and I'm not given an opportunity to actually enter the unlock code...

I guess the servers are just getting hammered with launch day demand, huh?

BadTaste

Is login down? I linked my old Path of Exile account to my steam account and tried to login, then got an email saying my account was locked due to logging in from a new location with an unlock code. However when I try to login it just sits there on "contacting server" and I'm not given an opportunity to actually enter the unlock code...

I guess the servers are just getting hammered with launch day demand, huh?

Yes you're not the only one. The dev's stated on their forum that they're aware of the problem and are working to solve it.

muu

just started with some "easy ranger build" I found after googling. So far this feels like a loot game and I'm enjoying it.

Jackl

Spent lunch researching builds.

Still don't know what to do.

Although a tank build with chance on hit trigger gems sounds interesting.

Lamptramp

This does feel satisfying, much more so that D3.. though it has only been 30 minutes (checks watch, OK maybe an hour).

Filled out the form Twinduct, though I think I'll watch some TV with the missus for a little and get back into it proper while she sleeps :)

GoldChain

POE seems like it would have been the perfect game to play on my macbook air. I was really disappointed to find out that they do not have a native MAC client.

Top Bottom