• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

squidyj

I'll say this, vaal fireball is a hell of a build
I also don't see too many people talk about sprinkler molten strike/sunder juggernaut

both really good

I got my first Reliquary Drop today that I sold for a good chunk of chaos without even thinking about it.

If anything GGG dropped the ball the hardest with the Reliquary Keys. Those got me super pumped for the league instead they are just super high end lottery tickets for the no lifers, not something the average player should even bother pursuing.

Definitely agree. The dropped the ball altogether on the that and the leaguestones. I was hoping the leaguestones would be super charged versions of previous leagues like Chris said. A decent blue breach one would have 5+ breaches. Same with essences, and perandus.

The keys though. Rarer than exalts. That's insane. I've gotten two exalt drop before I got my first key. I hope they​ change that, but I doubt it with the 3.0 beta coming up.

Exalted Orbs are up to 120c on LSC now. This is insane. It's showing zero signs of letting up either. GGG has to do something. It's unreal. It's essentially going up 10c every 3-5 days at this point.

Exalted Orbs are up to 120c on LSC now. This is insane. It's showing zero signs of letting up either. GGG has to do something. It's unreal. It's essentially going up 10c every 3-5 days at this point.

I'm so glad I managed to farm up the exalts for last item I needed before prices got too high. This can't be just "Zana mods no longer usable", right? Something else is going on.

My guess is that 3.0 beta will crash the prices.

I'm so glad I managed to farm up the exalts for last item I needed before prices got too high. This can't be just "Zana mods no longer usable", right? Something else is going on.

My guess is that 3.0 beta will crash the prices.

The big theory right now is that a few players are hoarding an insane amount of exalts drastically reducing the the supply.

Chaos hasn't lost value it's exalts raising in value. If that theory is true and those that are hoarding the exalts mass sell, you'll see a quick and drastically crash to the exalt market. When I imagine they'll just rebuy and repeat. I assume it's people who are trying to hoard as much currency as possible for standard.

The big theory right now is that a few players are hoarding an insane amount of exalts drastically reducing the the supply.

Chaos hasn't lost value it's exalts raising in value. If that theory is true and those that are hoarding the exalts mass sell, you'll see a quick and drastically crash to the exalt market. When I imagine they'll just rebuy and repeat. I assume it's people who are trying to hoard as much currency as possible for standard.

Gotta get that easy money since bots and RMT are rampant this league.

The lack of updates to this league is kind of off putting. A month into almost every other league they introduced small things to keep the league somewhat fresh and give players more things to do with their characters/currency. Obviously 3.0 is their main focus along with the X1 launch so I can understand their lack of updates but for the last league before the game completely changes I was hoping they'd go all out.

Hopefully beta launched this month so 3.0 can be ready right after this league ends.

I hate how Poe.Trade is now 0.7ex or any other partial number. I then have to use a calculator to see what the current ex is worth and what 0.7 is and then ask if that is okay.

Gotta get that easy money since bots and RMT are rampant this league.

The lack of updates to this league is kind of off putting. A month into almost every other league they introduced small things to keep the league somewhat fresh and give players more things to do with their characters/currency. Obviously 3.0 is their main focus along with the X1 launch so I can understand their lack of updates but for the last league before the game completely changes I was hoping they'd go all out.

Hopefully beta launched this month so 3.0 can be ready right after this league ends.

I doubt they do anything substantial for this league. I can almost guarantee they're allocating all of their resources to get the beta ready.

I wanted to start shaped map farming and found out my atlas was all messed up. Ended up costing me 90c and burned through the rest of my currency to buy a Primordial Might and another Primordial Harmony,z to fix my atlas so I can just farm shaped maps. I still need to uncomplete one red map.

Still need to get a t12 and t13 shaped maps. Going to hold off on that until I get my Anima stone. Then push for my first shaper kill.

I doubt they do anything substantial for this league. I can almost guarantee they're allocating all of their resources to get the beta ready.

I wanted to start shaped map farming and found out my atlas was all messed up. Ended up costing me 90c and burned through the rest of my currency to buy a Primordial Might and another Primordial Harmony,z to fix my atlas so I can just farm shaped maps. I still need to uncomplete one red map.

Still need to get a t12 and t13 shaped maps. Going to hold off on that until I get my Anima stone. Then push for my first shaper kill.

Hopefully they announce the beta soon. The game needs it as the leagues are trending in the wrong direction right now.

I am still farming dried lake with bisco's.....

Rufus

That's what I wanted to do, but then I died with it somewhere in merciless. Shouldn't have been wearing it, I guess...

I used to like leveling, but I've done it so often now I can't be fucked to do it any more. 3.0 can't come soon enough.

Volodja

That's what I wanted to do, but then I died with it somewhere in merciless. Shouldn't have been wearing it, I guess...

I used to like leveling, but I've done it so often now I can't be fucked to do it any more. 3.0 can't come soon enough.
I'm having the same issue. Especially if I'm playing a build that doesn't really come online until later, it starts to be really hard to get to the part where my build finally becomes something different than the usual flameblast, searing totem and whatever else.

I'm having the same issue. Especially if I'm playing a build that doesn't really come online until later, it starts to be really hard to get to the part where my build finally becomes something different than the usual flameblast, searing totem and whatever else.

Mortem Morsu ST was fun to level. When I turned 34(?) and I was able to equip the mortem morsu weapons I was at my end game build essentially. Was really fun to level.

Leveling my MF Golem build was hell till I got 42 and could get my 4 golems. That build is so squishy early on.

Tom Penny

I just had the coolest event other than exalts and good item drops I ever encountered since playing this game. I was at level 66 trying to level up my guy and wanted to use Bringer of Rain which is level 67 so I figured I'm done Cruel I'll try some low level maps level quicker to rock better gear in general. It was just a level 3 map. Zana was in the map so I go in her zone and I see my XP bar going up like crazy..it had 393% experienced gained in that zone. Between the 1 map and Zana I went from just starting level 66 to level 70 WTF !!! :)

It's the only thing that consistently gets me tons of currency. It's not uber or shaper farming but it is substantial enough with vaal sparker clear speed. Could probably put on actual MF gear if I wanted to push the limits even further.

Working on getting tabs full of leather belts and being dumb wasting all my currency trying to chance headhunter. Only sane way to get it without spending 70+ ex (8400 chaos atm).

So proud, killed my first ever guardian (phoenix)! Used my self built SRS build. Turns out summon skeleton totem was the MVP of that fight. There is no time to resummon zombies that die constantly so I just kept chaos golem up with skelly totem and it would give openings to cast srs. Got really accurate with flame dash too.

Hopefully they announce the beta soon. The game needs it as the leagues are trending in the wrong direction right now.

If this insane economy is result of increased player base then 3.0 might actually be worse economy-wise than legacy. Might have to hardcore farm items you need early in the league so you can buy them before prices skyrocket.

I'm hoping for the 3.0 meta shake-up to adjust things a bit combined with hidden drop rate adjustments. I am pessimistic about 3.0 bringing drastic changes to trading system itself.

edit
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880294
We don't know an exact date yet, but are targeting a Beta release in May.

Just not having fun with my MF Golem build anymore. So I decided to not farm up the next 4.5 ex and get the anima stone and just sell everything and do something different.

I made a good profit off of the character. I invested 4 ex and got 6 ex after I sold everything of value. Minus my chest and belt which should get me another 2 ex. Sold all of the jewels I bought for higher than I
paid them. Rolling a ngamahu cyclone character. Looks really fun to play. Spent about 170c to get a 5L Carcass, Ngamahu 6s and 20q gems. Don't think I'll get a xophs blood when I can essentially get the same thing out of a wise oak flask. The fire penetration that is.

Dahbomb

I have had very good 6 link RNG this league.

Vaal Regalia (850ES, double res): 500-600 Fusings
Kintsugi: 1100 Fusings
Belly of the Beast (40% Max life): 200 Fusings

Also beat Shaper, all the Guardians and Breachlords. Still have to do Uber Atziri but that should be done soon enough once I farm up the Fragments.

I am also using Nghamu Cyclone but man Xoph's Blood is insane. The "cover in ash" slows down enemies and makes them take MORE fire damage. Plus you get the full conversion into fire with Avatar of Fire. Just an insane amulet to have. Also have a Dying Sun Flask that I bought from selling the Belly of the Beast.

I have had very good 6 link RNG this league.

Vaal Regalia (850ES, double res): 500-600 Fusings
Kintsugi: 1100 Fusings
Belly of the Beast (40% Max life): 200 Fusings

Also beat Shaper, all the Guardians and Breachlords. Still have to do Uber Atziri but that should be done soon enough once I farm up the Fragments.

I am also using Nghamu Cyclone but man Xoph's Blood is insane. The "cover in ash" slows down enemies and makes them take MORE fire damage. Plus you get the full conversion into fire with Avatar of Fire. Just an insane amulet to have. Also have a Dying Sun Flask that I bought from selling the Belly of the Beast.

I too an doing Ngamahuclone. Sitting at 5.2k health and 72k dps tooltip fully buffed. I'm blowing through strands.

Trying to farm up 15-20 ex. I want to give HoWA ST a shot.

LogicStep

How's this game currently for a newcomer? I tried it a little bit once but didn't play much. I'd start playing with a friend.

We have played D3 and Grim Dawn.

Does this game offer something those don't?

Dahbomb

How's this game currently for a newcomer? I tried it a little bit once but didn't play much. I'd start playing with a friend.

This game has more complex mechanics and build planning than those other games. More stuff to take into consideration and it's more focused on multiplayer trading meaning it's hard to get what you want yourself. But it's satisfying when you learn the mechanics and theory craft on your own.

Harder than either games at the higher end too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would probably wait for 3.0 (coming this summer) to really dig in although there's nothing really stopping you from starting now and getting your feet wet. It's just we're expecting a lot of changes come 3.0 so it'd be jarring to learn the game now then have to relearn the game later.

Pretty steep learning curve. The passive tree can be pretty daunting at first. The economy takes a while to learn. Especially what's worth something and what isn't.

I recommend watching some YouTube beginner guides and following a build that doesn't require a lot of currency to get started.

I started back in November. My first two characters were flops and never made it past t6 maps. 350 hours now and I just get my first character past 90.

I'd say go ahead and start now. Earthquake Slayer, Ancestral Warchief Totems or Flameblast Totems.

Jump in, play and learn. I wouldn't wait. But the game will be changing drastically in a few months with 3.0 coming out. 6 new acts and only one playthrough and a plethora of balance changes.

Corsick

Pretty steep learning curve. The passive tree can be pretty daunting at first. The economy takes a while to learn. Especially what's worth something and what isn't.

I recommend watching some YouTube beginner guides and following a build that doesn't require a lot of currency to get started.

I started back in November. My first two characters were flops and never made it past t6 maps. 350 hours now and I just get my first character past 90.

I'd say go ahead and start now. Earthquake Slayer, Ancestral Warchief Totems or Flameblast Totems.

Jump in, play and learn. I wouldn't wait. But the game will be changing drastically in a few months with 3.0 coming out. 6 new acts and only one playthrough and a plethora of balance changes.
Will having 6 acts decrease the total playtime needed to get to the endgame? Or is it supposed to be roughly the same? Anything that helps with leveling alts is good with me.

Leezard

Will having 6 acts decrease the total playtime needed to get to the endgame? Or is it supposed to be roughly the same? Anything that helps with lellveling alts is good with me.

It should probably help unless they are very lengthy maps. We're gonna have to play 10 acts rather than 12 acts, after all.

squidyj

1. planning planning planning planning, you will not get far starting a new character and not knowing what you want them to be. If you do try to force it your experience will not be great and you won't be able to tackle endgame content.

2. It's a fully online system with a player trading economy. learning how to value things, how to trade effectively and how to go about making currency are all very important.

Players tend to find the start of a new temporary league the most exciting time to play. Right now we're more or less in the dog days of the Legacy League

For new players I recommend looking at the builds other players like Mathilification post leading up to new leagues. Each league launches with a new patch that often adds items and has balance changes that impact the efficacy of builds, usually the patch notes don't show up until relatively close to the launch of the new league so you want to watch for reactions to those patch notes.

It can be somewhat complicated to come up with your own build from scratch, there are tons of unique items and special effects and a number of mechanics and interactions to master in order to be able to create good builds.

If you want to try creating your own build I recommend using the poeskilltree and "path of building" offline skill trees to help you plan your character.
poeskilltree is very good at finding optimal pathing for sets of constraints
path of building has a robust calculator that helps you estimate your dps and durability under a variety of circumstances as well as showing you the impact of various nodes on the skill tree.

Will having 6 acts decrease the total playtime needed to get to the endgame? Or is it supposed to be roughly the same? Anything that helps with leveling alts is good with me.

It'll roughly be the same. The point is to reduce the repetitiveness of having to do four acts three times to get to maps.

I'd rather have the 10 acts then (not sure why I said 6). It just seems like a less grindy solution.

I think one of problems of player retention among new players is that right there. They finally beat the game on normal and then realize they have to do it all over again and think, well that's it. Game is over. They never even get halfway through cruel.

I've failed the Lord's Labyrinth thing three times and it has completely drained my will to play, is there something I'm missing? I'm playing as a witch with a bunch of minions.

Rufus

I've failed the Lord's Labyrinth thing three times and it has completely drained my will to play, is there something I'm missing? I'm playing as a witch with a bunch of minions.
Which one are you doing (normal, cruel, merciless?) and what level are you? What's killing you? Izaro, or the traps?

Rufus

Mh. Don't have anything too helpful to say there besides: take your time. Watch the patterns carefully. Bring a seething or bubbling life flask if you don't have one already, instaheals will save you in tight spots.

I'm playing on normal at level 43 and it's the traps that are killing me.

This might be an obvious question, but do you have a movement skill? Something like flame dash for example? They make dodging traps a lot easier when you can just teleport over the swirling blades and such. Also makes you go faster.

Take your time, and whatever you do, do not panic. Getting hit by one trap is better than running in panic and getting hit by 3.

Make sure you have adequate amount of HP. With enough life, you can just "tank" trough most traps if you use a flask and get hit by a trap.

ES nerf incoming:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1899919/page/1

TL;DR:
- 30-40% reduction in total ES that can be aquired. For example, 33% reduction in ES on armors, the +20% ES on rings can't be crafted anymore etc
- Some places have extra ES recharge rate instead
- Vaal Pact: "This keystone will no longer affect Energy Shield in any way."
- "All armour will have a new Prefix modifier that can be rolled that increases flat defences (Armour, Evasion, or Energy Shield) and grants a small value of added maximum Life."

ES nerf incoming:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1899919/page/1

TL;DR:
- 30-40% reduction in total ES that can be aquired. For example, 33% reduction in ES on armors, the +20% ES on rings can't be crafted anymore etc
- Some places have extra ES recharge rate instead
- Vaal Pact: "This keystone will no longer affect Energy Shield in any way."
- "All armour will have a new Prefix modifier that can be rolled that increases flat defences (Armour, Evasion, or Energy Shield) and grants a small value of added maximum Life."

This is going to be interesting. I think that actual defense mechanics are the problem with this game wonder if they'll make any more changes to that.

Dahbomb

I already did not like ES mechanics, now will always play Life especially since I can still cheese with Vaal Pact.

ZiggyD did say that GGG is reworking reflect damage and volatiles as well. That's going to make Vaal Pact less necessary but still favors life based builds now.

This is going to be interesting. I think that actual defense mechanics are the problem with this game wonder if they'll make any more changes to that.

This beta is the perfect time to test and tweak the balance. I'm really excited to take part in it!

Hybrid builds are my favourite builds, I'm interested in how they will work out with these changes.

gaf I've abandoned PoE long time and I'm going to give it a go with all the new updated content..
new acts + new season when? june? july? august?
thanks in advance :)

Top Bottom