• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

gaf I've abandoned PoE long time and I'm going to give it a go with all the new updated content..
new acts + new season when? june? july? august?
thanks in advance :)

Beta for 3.0 is scheduled to start 6th or 7th of june if I remember right. Beta will take "as long as it takes" after that, but target is release 5-6 weeks after beta start.

We should probably make a new thread in gaming once 3.0 releases. I'd like to get more gaffers involved in PoE. Especially with it coming to consoles.

This is a great game and it doesn't get as much love here as I think it would.

We should probably make a new thread in gaming once 3.0 releases. I'd like to get more gaffers involved in PoE. Especially with it coming to consoles.

This is a great game and it doesn't get as much love here as I think it would.

It's a really bad time for the game at this very second. Legacy league is how old now? WIth another 5 weeks or so till the 3.0 beta, then another 4 weeks or so till the release. It's in a weird limbo right now.

I've lost quite a bit of interest in this league now. LSC is fairly dead at the moment. Might start up a SSF character.

It's a really bad time for the game at this very second. Legacy league is how old now? WIth another 5 weeks or so till the 3.0 beta, then another 4 weeks or so till the release. It's in a weird limbo right now.

I've lost quite a bit of interest in this league now. LSC is fairly dead at the moment. Might start up a SSF character.

No I agree. I mean to create a new thread once 3.0 launches. Since I feel the games population will be at the highest.

I just hope GGG has taken a look at this leagues economy and hopefully made some changes in 3.0 to combat the ridiculous inflation. I stopped the league early this season because of it.

Eccocid

How is the Mac version now? I played it 2 years ago i think and finished main campaign, while i enjoyed the game a lot with it's skill system etc the framerate was kinda weird and random. Have they improved anything or should i just bootcamp it?

I've been meaning to try it out. Is it less of an overhaul compared to something like Median XL?

Oh, yea. They don't make a ton of adjustments. A couple of new skills and some jewels. They added an orb of corruption which is the same thing as a Vaal orb. Double inventory size. The bottom half is meant for charms though and will only work in that section. There's usually about 1,000 people playing at ant given time.

So this might actually be something that keeps from just diving right into the beta. This sounds awesome.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1904790

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1905140

New MTX system! And it's coming as patch 2.6.x, no need to wait for 3.0.0.

Hopefully they don't add legacy into main game, even as much as I like it. The game needs a chaos sink and without league mods being zana mods we can expect prices to be as high or higher than legacy league was.

I think idea of legacy league was nice, having ability to "enhance" maps with features that you prefer.

Implementation needs more work, as you said.

Apologies if these are dumb questions.

Due to a recent thread I made I'm trying out POE again and these strange items I don't remember from last time are dropping.

They all seem to be different types of league stones. I don't care about pvp or any sort of league score, should I be selling/stashing/using these? (They all also say corrupted if that matters?) Did I start the game in the wrong mode?

Also is there any sort of pet class/pet tree in this game? I see skills that mention totems?

They all seem to be different types of league stones. I don't care about pvp or any sort of league score, should I be selling/stashing/using these? (They all also say corrupted if that matters?) Did I start the game in the wrong mode?

Those round stones are league stones that, once set in a UI, change what the next zone's rules are. They're perfectly skippable but are part of what makes this season unique.

Also is there any sort of pet class/pet tree in this game?

There are no classes per se, they dictate where in the passive skill tree you start. The skills themselves are either dropped or purchasable. If you're in Act 1, Nessa should be selling skills as you progress in the story. They would be in the 2nd tab.

Raise Zombie and Summon Skeleton should be available early on. There are tons more out there

Those round stones are league stones that, once set in a UI, change what the next zone's rules are. They're perfectly skippable but are part of what makes this season unique.

Are characters wiped at the end of the season or anything? I don't want to get any further if I'm going to have to start over.

Are characters wiped at the end of the season or anything? I don't want to get any further if I'm going to have to start over.

They move into Standard at the end of the season.
And you absolutely will want to start over. This game is deep and you'll learn a lot these next few weeks playing. The lessons learned will make you want to start over to try new things and/or play differently.

And if I can't convince you that you're not wasting time by playing now, the campaign will be significantly different in 3.0

Grinding the races to try and get a key because I'm a cheap bastard (will prob buy the $60 pack eventually). 23rd in Mistress of flame this morning, 10 keys for top 30 so good luck me.

Grinding the races to try and get a key because I'm a cheap bastard (will prob buy the $60 pack eventually). 23rd in Mistress of flame this morning, 10 keys for top 30 so good luck me.

I'm sure I'm going to get buy the supporter pack anyway. I use the steam version so I'm waiting until I'm able to get an email attached to it. Buying the supporter pack and downloading the standalone client so I don't have to constantly download stuff when I want to switch realms. Also going to wait a week or so and let a lot of the main bugs get patched before I jump into it.

I've watched some streams of the new content. It does look really good and I can't wait to jump into it.

Currently leveling a wander on the regular realm right now. They're fun.

Damn I for some reason thought that this wasn't going live until this afternoon.

It was definitely a beta. At first there was a game crashing bug that was preventing people from progress a quest.

I'm probably going to wait a week to dive in. Let the really annoying bugs get patched out before I dive in.

Oh good thing I waited then haha. I actually bought a supporter pack right now so I will try out the beta. If I get another key for the amount I spent in game (not $500 but a few hundred at least) I will give it out to someone here.

New minimap is best thing ever. ES graphics on globe are nice. Also am I imagining things or were graphics improved + mob pack size in acts increased?

I'm in act 3 atm but I like how they have streamlined "old" acts.
For example warehouse district in a3 seems to be gone and all busts are in one zone now.

Supporter packs are pretty underwhelming. Pretty surprising considering this is a huge point in the games history.

I'm thinking dev team was strained with getting beta out as promised and they didn't have time to polish up packs to they deserve to be.

Are MTX not available in the beta? It is saying that I have no MTX when opening the menu up.

It's not currently available, no idea if it's added later or not. I haven't seen any official word from GGG.

Nope. Until they fix what wrong during the last two attempted implementations of it.

Also the new mibimap is amazing. A ton of retextures on a ton of stuff and the game seems to be performing much smoother in the beta. For it being a beta I haven't experienced any issues yet.

I got disconnected every 30 seconds or so in A2 area "The Wetlands" but since then it has been smooth sailing.

Are MTX not available in the beta? It is saying that I have no MTX when opening the menu up.

Nope. Until they fix what wrong during the last two attempted implementations of it.

Also the new mibimap is amazing. A ton of retextures on a ton of stuff and the game seems to be performing much smoother in the beta. For it being a beta I haven't experienced any issues yet.

Performance seems to be the best its ever been.

However theres no way in hell this is gonna be ready in 6 weeks.

Act 5 is pretty much finished but the other acts aren't, dots are completely broken, and theres so much general balance stuff that needs to be tested still (energy shield nerfs, life buffs etc). Act 9 and 10 aren't even going to be in the beta, no new skills or support gems yet either and they have to develop a new challenge league alongside all of that. I'm not a fan of act4 at all and that was rushed out a good month before it should have been, Kaoms areas were awful and were eventually shortened. Malachai didn't have a death animation for a few weeks, not to mention they really struggled with difficulty balance. You could argue that act4 cruel is still far too hard compared with merc act 1-3

I really hope they don't rush it out the door but they're a small company, gotta pay the bills sooner or later.

Performance seems to be the best its ever been.

However theres no way in hell this is gonna be ready in 6 weeks.

Act 5 is pretty much finished but the other acts aren't, dots are completely broken, and theres so much general balance stuff that needs to be tested still (energy shield nerfs, life buffs etc). Act 9 and 10 aren't even going to be in the beta, no new skills or support gems yet either and they have to develop a new challenge league alongside all of that. I'm not a fan of act4 at all and that was rushed out a good month before it should have been, Kaoms areas were awful and were eventually shortened. Malachai didn't have a death animation for a few weeks, not to mention they really struggled with difficulty balance. You could argue that act4 cruel is still far too hard compared with merc act 1-3

I really hope they don't rush it out the door but they're a small company, gotta pay the bills sooner or later.

I think they're closer than you think. Act 9 & 10 were never going to be in the beta even if they were finished. Though I think it gets pushed to August for the full release. They have a lot of the textures already in the game. Act 8 is coming in the next couple of weeks.

Also. When it finally gets released. Copy the content.ggpk into your Path of Exile folder and it'll drastically reduce your download size come 3.0 release.

Act 5 is well done, I especially like the boss fights. Well designed and it will be a true crime if we don't see a high-end map versions of them.

Edit--
Finished A6 & A7 too. It's so much more enjoyable to level up when you don't repeat the same content over and over.

So I think got my league starter for 3.0 down. Did some testing with the 3.0 path of building.

Going to do an icecrash character. Based slightly off of Mathils from 2.6 with some changes in the tree for more increased life.

With just a 6L and the weapon I chose, wise oak, taste of hate, lions roar and a atziri promise. I'm sitting at 156k damage with ice crash.

Also with blood rage, hatred and frostbite running. Once I get some elemental damage rings and amulet on I imagine I'll be sitting over 200k.

Perfect league starter and Uber lab farmer.

I am probably going to go classic summoner. I haven't played one in a few leagues and like the changes they've done to minions so far. The zombie ground slam is a nice addition.

Not sure how the ES changes are going to affect hybrid/LL summoners though. Since summoners don't need vaal pact and life leech from tree it might not make a huge difference.

I am probably going to go classic summoner. I haven't played one in a few leagues and like the changes they've done to minions so far. The zombie ground slam is a nice addition.

Not sure how the ES changes are going to affect hybrid/LL summoners though. Since summoners don't need vaal pact and life leech from tree it might not make a huge difference.

I've heard they hit like a truck, but the AI is still as stupid as before. I did the golemancer during legacy and was heavily disappointed even with Primordial might. They're just so passive.

I wish there was a way to set their tendencies. Defense to make a meat shield, or aggressive and they'll just​ seek out enemies.

JoeMartin

Straight zombie doesn't really work, they just die too often T14+, are a pain to keep up, and don't have near the DPS capacity that SRS does.

inky

I'll probably repeat my Bladefall Totem I didn't quite finish this season because I was still burned out from Breach. Want to see it through, and doesn't require any particular items to start.

Beta patch, "that introduces new content", coming up later this week: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1910397

Gonna do my standard SRS, as hybrid this time instead of CI I was in legacy. I really want to try spectres but atm they feel like too much upkeep for my taste.

Straight zombie doesn't really work, they just die too often T14+, are a pain to keep up, and don't have near the DPS capacity that SRS does.

Yeah, I had to switch from zombies to "summon-skeletons + spell-totem" for distraction/tanking while trying guardians. It's either that or try something with Mon'tregul's Grasp but that would have compromised my SRS dps. With Mon'tregul's Grasp, Necromantic Aegis and a good shield, zombies and other minions are able to stay alive decently even in red maps. If your build allows committing for such a thing. I think zombies might viable but you'd need to fully commit to them.

But really, "summon skeletons + spell totem" is the MVP. Extremely fast to re-summon when killed, spams endless waves of skeletons and totem itself can be placed relatively far away and it will still work. Skellies are not DPS in this case, they are distraction + tanks.

Here are the 11 new support gems. First "beta report" ("what to expect") tomorrow and patch later this week.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1911278/page/1#p14550132

No character wipe with this patch.

I've heard spectres are much better but they still don't persist when you log out and if you die. Making it a chore Everytime you log on.

http://www.mmorpg.com/path-of-exile/interviews/grinding-gear-and-the-cbt-launch-of-the-fall-of-oriath-1000011796#bEJx2hmwoAXf2u0w.99

Next patch will add 11 new support gems. This is awesome. Excited to see how the new gems are.

Yep, excited! It looks to me that these gems are trying to "plug the hole" caused by removal of double-dipping.

Here are the 11 new support gems. First "beta report" ("what to expect") tomorrow and patch later this week.

Yep, excited! It looks to me that these gems are trying to "plug the hole" caused by removal of double-dipping.

There is one gem that looks amazing for a poison build. Kind of makes me want to try a blade vortex poison build.

Vile Toxins and deadly ailments look like an incredible combo

I'll be doing Zombies, skele-totem, and quad spectres for my build most likely.

I remember running a 9 aura snapshot summoner back before the nerf. Definitely a lot of setup for that with tons of items and gems needing to be swapped.

Wonder how the brutality and maim gems will help pure phys melee builds. Could be good with a Starforge build.

Rufus

Also they changed how volatiles work. They now create a shaper-like orb that takes ~0.5sec to form on mob death and another ~0.5sec to explode once it reaches you.
I've always imagined 'fixed' volatiles as building up a highly visible charge above their heads that you then have to (be distracted enough to) hit to detonate, but this makes more sense, given that it uses existing mechanics.

Working on a Dual Warchief build with the new brutality support and scaling pure physical damage.

When act 8 and the rest of the labs get unlocked I'm going to try a poison based BV assassin.

Working on a Dual Warchief build with the new brutality support and scaling pure physical damage.

When act 8 and the rest of the labs get unlocked I'm going to try a poison based BV assassin.

Have you got it running yet? If so how does it feel to regular dual warchief?

I was running a Aztiri's Disfavour WC build a few leagues back and had fun with it overall.

Quan

Quick question I'm just starting to play the game so should I level up my skill tree aimlessly(without knowing anything about how to build a proper character) or should I follow any established builds?

Top Bottom