• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Patrick Warburton to Star as Lemony Snicket in Netflix Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

A most intriguing pick for sure.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/patrick-warburton-star-as-lemony-875207

Netflix has found its Lemony Snicket.

Rules of Engagement and The Tick alum Patrick Warburton has landed the key role in the streaming giant's drama series A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Picked up straight-to-series, A Series of Unfortunate Events tells the tale of orphaned children Violet (Malina Weissman), Klaus (Louis Hynes) and Sunny Baudelaire, who find themselves in the villainous clutches of an evil uncle named Count Olaf (Neil Patrick Harris) who has designs on their family fortune.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think I am Patrick Warburton'd out. That guy is everywhere.

Downhome

I thought it was already confirmed and announced that Neil Patrick Harris had the role. I think we even had a long thread about it. Weird.

McDougles

I thought it was already confirmed and announced that Neil Patrick Harris had the role. I think we even had a long thread about it. Weird.

Clearly you didn't read far into that thread. Or this one, for the matter.

Picked up straight-to-series, A Series of Unfortunate Events tells the tale of orphaned children Violet (Malina Weissman), Klaus (Louis Hynes) and Sunny Baudelaire, who find themselves in the villainous clutches of an evil uncle named Count Olaf (Neil Patrick Harris) who has designs on their family fortune.

Brofield

I thought they meant Warburton as Olaf. Didn't realize that NPH is the villain.

I'm okay with this, though admittedly I'll probably hear his voice as himself before I do as Lemony Snicket

Russ T

Banned
This honestly just makes me want to rewatch The Tick.

That show was fucking incredible.

Maybe Netflix can pick that up some day. O:

Warburton is fine as a narrarator, I think his humor could work. More interestingly NPH is Count Olaf which I think he could pull off well.

Symphonia

Banned
Snicket only narrates, doesn't he? I'm fine with that as Warburton has quite an interesting narration voice, but if he were to actually star in it? Well, I'd give it a watch, but wouldn't hold much hope. I get tortured by Rules Of Engagement every day in my office canteen, and I cannot stand him in that.

So does this means he's essentially the narrator, ala the film, or is he going to actually have a larger part?

From what I know of the books it's already pretty flexible on how involved Snicket actually is within the plot, so it'll depend on where the series goes with that.

tomtom94

Very down for this. Not who you'd expect but it could work well. If nothing else my first thought was Kronk from Emperor's New Groove...

Snicket is investigating what happened to the Baudelaires and reporting on it. So they could visualize that in many ways. The movie showed Snicket at locations but in the aftermath.

I guess the only real problem I have with Warburton here is he often sounds dumb and confident, traits I don't associate with Snicket. But he's an actor so whatever.

Snicket only narrates, doesn't he? I'm fine with that as Warburton has quite an interesting narration voice, but if he were to actually star in it? Well, I'd give it a watch, but wouldn't hold much hope. I get tortured by Rules Of Engagement every day in my office canteen, and I cannot stand him in that.

He's intertwined with the narrative of the stories though. Him showing up wouldn't be out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom