• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX West (Prime) 2016 Tickets on sale NOW! Up: Fri/Sat/Sun badges SOLD OUT

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
The WSCC is getting a huge expansion in the next few years (they're targeting it to be ready in 2020). I imagine they will be able to accommodate more people but I bet they'll still sell out pretty quick.

It's going from 200k sq ft to 500k sq ft - but I think it'll be a +75% increase in tickets (because we already use so many other sites) or so.

Remember, 1% of tickets go to scalpers currently. That's way lower than concerts / broadway / other events. I think this might be the best system for now. (Also, Washington state law protects scalpers heavily, so I believe ReedPOP/PA is limited in what they can do. East for instance has less issues with scalpers because of MA law IIRC)

krae_man

Got passes for all 4 days. Also booked a hotel at the Rosevelt, but I didn't get a confirmation, that's a bit disconcerting.

Well this is splendid. Got a good hotel reserved, only to never get a confirmation email & be told thirty minutes later that there was a website error. Logged back into the hotel reservation site, was told reservation is still there. Tried to call the site to get confirmation, and they immediately hang up.

Heads up guys and anyone else. If you log back into OnPeak and update your reservation but don't change anything, you'll get the confirmation email right away.

I saw the tweet a few hours ago and was like, "They have another PAX on the West coast now? That seems redundant." Then I found out that they renamed PAX Prime to PAX West. Oops.

krae_man

I saw the tweet a few hours ago and was like, "They have another PAX on the West coast now? That seems redundant." Then I found out that they renamed PAX Prime to PAX West. Oops.

bGsdrbA.png

Well this was a crappy way to end my day.

Didn't receive the text on my phone that badges were on sale until a few hours ago, and by the time I prepared to wait in the queue, they were all gone. From the look of things here, it was a bit of a struggle this time.

My hope now is that there will be a "second sale" based on the number of cancellations coming, or maybe get some badges here or reddit. Didn't we get a day's notice last year?

That said, wow. $45 per badge is a bit much. I would have to just buy two days instead of the usual three.

Armageddon

Neo Member
Hey guys, just a quick question. I was able to buy my tickets fine (all 4 sets) and my friend was able to get everything but Saturday. However, my friend lives in Canada and asked me if he could have his passes sent to my address in the states to avoid the ~$20 CAD shipping charge for international shipping.
I said sure, as I didn't see a problem with it at the time and it would help a friend save some money. But, thinking about it more I started to worry that PAX may see this as us trying to circumvent the 4 pass limit. I'd rather not get my passes cancelled and possibly get blacklisted. Anyone have any ideas on how PAX would see a situation like this?

krae_man

Hey guys, just a quick question. I was able to buy my tickets fine (all 4 sets) and my friend was able to get everything but Saturday. However, my friend lives in Canada and asked me if he could have his passes sent to my address in the states to avoid the ~$20 CAD shipping charge for international shipping.
I said sure, as I didn't see a problem with it at the time and it would help a friend save some money. But, thinking about it more I started to worry that PAX may see this as us trying to circumvent the 4 pass limit. I'd rather not get my passes cancelled and possibly get blacklisted. Anyone have any ideas on how PAX would see a situation like this?

How many sets did you order total(between the two of you)?

One of 3 things will happen:

1) all your tickets will be held for pick up and you will be required to pick them up in person with ID
2) Sets in excess of the posted maximum will be cancelled
3) Everything will be cancelled.

Your friend should have chose pick up or bit the bullet on the shipping.

You probably fucked yourselves over.

I would email PAX ASAFP and prey they believe you or care what your reasons are.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

email PAX ASAP.

pax_questions@paxsite.com

Blues1990

Well this was a crappy way to end my day.

Didn't receive the text on my phone that badges were on sale until a few hours ago, and by the time I prepared to wait in the queue, they were all gone. From the look of things here, it was a bit of a struggle this time.

My hope now is that there will be a "second sale" based on the number of cancellations coming, or maybe get some badges here or reddit. Didn't we get a day's notice last year?

That said, wow. $45 per badge is a bit much. I would have to just buy two days instead of the usual three.

I hope that will be the case, as well. I promised my friends that I can go to PAX West with them this year, but I was waiting like everyone else since I got the text and waiting on that stupid web page. And by the time when I can actually get to order them, it was like "Sorry, but we've sold out. LOL!"

I just wanted to get at least Monday, but I couldn't even get a pass for that day. :(

I hope that will be the case, as well. I promised my friends that I can go to PAX West with them this year, but I was waiting like everyone else since I got the text and waiting on that stupid web page. And by the time when I can actually get to order them, it was like "Sorry, but we've sold out. LOL!"

I just wanted to get at least Monday, but I couldn't even get a pass for that day. :(

I know the feeling. I had a blast last year.

Trace

Banned
I only went once, back in 2012, and I regret not getting more passes for the other days. Now it feels like I have to either be a game developer to get in, which isn't cool. :/
I've never had a problem getting in, you just need to be ready when they go up.

Blues1990

I've never had a problem getting in, you just need to be ready when they go up.

And I was ready, having the link to the page on hand I got in the queue like everyone else. But I was stuck in the waiting line since the passes went live on the dot, and I've waiting for nearly 2 hours before getting in. And by then, they were all sold out.

Armageddon

Neo Member
How many sets did you order total(between the two of you)?

One of 3 things will happen:

1) all your tickets will be held for pick up and you will be required to pick them up in person with ID
2) Sets in excess of the posted maximum will be cancelled
3) Everything will be cancelled.

Your friend should have chose pick up or bit the bullet on the shipping.

You probably fucked yourselves over.

I would email PAX ASAFP and prey they believe you or care what your reasons are.

I ordered 4 sets (the max). He ordered 1 set for himself (minus Saturday).

Thanks for the advice guys. I actually already sent an email to them, so I guess we'll see what they say. Ugh, I wish I would have thought of this before I said it was OK.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

Thanks for the advice guys. I actually already sent an email to them, so I guess we'll see what they say. Ugh, I wish I would have thought of this before I said it was OK.

hrm..5 sets? If they don't respond I'd guess 50/50 chance they let it go through / cancel all orders.

krae_man

I think last year people who went slightly over the cap last year got a warning and were required to pick up in person but no guarantees they do that again.

I think last year people who went slightly over the cap last year got a warning and were required to pick up in person but no guarantees they do that again.
I'm pretty sure that last year they canceled all orders that were over the cap except for ones that were caused by a system glitch that happened. But yeah, definitely email support and explain it, they are pretty reasonable, they'll probably allow you to cancel one of your sets of tickets.

StMeph

Subbing here as the unofficial pre-PAX thread until a PAX OT goes up later closer to the convention.

Given that the hotels downtown are completely booked and/or exorbitantly priced, are there any suggestions from Seattle natives on where to look instead? I've looked at the general FAQ on the site's own forum, but it doesn't really talk about options away from downtown, or any other interesting areas of the city with good access to public transport, etc.

krae_man

I'm pretty sure that last year they canceled all orders that were over the cap except for ones that were caused by a system glitch that happened. But yeah, definitely email support and explain it, they are pretty reasonable, they'll probably allow you to cancel one of your sets of tickets.

Based on twitter last year it looked like:

1 set over = got to keep but pick up in person required
2 sets over = sets over maximum cancelled
3 sets or more over = everything cancelled

No guarantees I'm right or the same thing will happen again.

Struct09

Based on twitter last year it looked like:

1 set over = got to keep but pick up in person required
2 sets over = sets over maximum cancelled
3 sets or more over = everything cancelled

No guarantees I'm right or the same thing will happen again.

Last year they had a bug in the checkout process that prevented users from getting the full amount of tickets they should have been allowed to. I had to go through the checkout process twice to get the number of tickets I wanted, and made sure the total number I ordered between the two orders was under the max allowed. I still got flagged and had to pick them up in person.

If you suspect there might be a problem it would be best to reach out to them sooner rather than later.

Type2

Subbing here as the unofficial pre-PAX thread until a PAX OT goes up later closer to the convention.

Given that the hotels downtown are completely booked and/or exorbitantly priced, are there any suggestions from Seattle natives on where to look instead? I've looked at the general FAQ on the site's own forum, but it doesn't really talk about options away from downtown, or any other interesting areas of the city with good access to public transport, etc.

Airbnb, Hostels, Georgetown/Northgate Hotels if you dont mind some commuting each morning, heck even finding something by the airport would be pretty cheap and the lightrail would get you downtown in 15 minutes.

Struct09

Airbnb, Hostels, Georgetown/Northgate Hotels if you dont mind some commuting each morning, heck even finding something by the airport would be pretty cheap and the lightrail would get you downtown in 15 minutes.

Light rail from the airport to downtown is more like 35 minutes

StMeph

Just looked into Seattle's rail. Looking like sticking near the airport will be a pretty good alternative.

Type2

Light rail from the airport to downtown is more like 35 minutes

True, guess that's just me exaggerating things from living out here for a while. The point is if you can find something along the lightrail route travel to downtown would be simple and you could likely find a cheaper rate for a place. I cant really think of any other cost effective options other than airbnd/hostels.

krae_man

Okay GAF I have two maybe three full sets of tickets I have to give away.

Price will be at cost plus a small premium to cover Paypal/currency exchange fees.

PM if interested.

*Must buy all 4 days*

dLMN8R

Some more hotels near the convention center have rooms available through PAX again as well.

Hopefully because of smart people who decided to cancel their hotel reservations in downtown and go to one of the interesting neighborhoods instead.

For the love of god people don't stay in downtown or near the convention center.

Seattle has a massive variety of neighborhoods you can stay in, all with bus or light rail service that would quickly get you to the convention center!

Get an AirBnB or something similar in Capitol Hill, Ballard, Fremont, or anywhere but Downtown. If only because they actually have fun things to do at the end of the day unlike downtown which closes up shop way too early.

I never realized how early PAX closes each day. I was about to post how silly it would be to try to do things at the end of they day for a con.

krae_man

Edit: never mind, gone.

I wonder if they are just releasing tickers as they cancel scapler orders instead of doing it all in one block.

Firestorm

For the love of god people don't stay in downtown or near the convention center.

Seattle has a massive variety of neighborhoods you can stay in, all with bus or light rail service that would quickly get you to the convention center!

Get an AirBnB or something similar in Capitol Hill, Ballard, Fremont, or anywhere but Downtown. If only because they actually have fun things to do at the end of the day unlike downtown which closes up shop way too early.

Eh, I like being able to stop back in the hotel over the course of the day to drop things off or get up as late as possible if I have an early panel I want to see. Can always grab an Uber back at the end of the night and the hotel is an easy spot to meet back up with friends before heading out for the night.

rSpooky

Here is a weird proposition... If you live in/near Seattle and are a parent and available for PAX West.. send me PM ... Please be truthful and no spamming.

....*sneaks back into a mysterious shroud*...

krae_man

If anyone is looking, the Sheraton glitch was fixed and it's back in the OnPeak list.

I just managed to snag it Fri-Mon. Just gotta keep refreshing for a Thursday now...

krae_man

Also heads up everyone. Cancellation emails for people who exceeded the order limits just went out.

Reclaimed badges could go up at any moment now. If you want tickets, be ready.

Top Bottom