• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pay it forward - XBOX360 HDD Transfer Cable

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I have a cable/cd that I used to do my transfer if anyone needs it....

chidrock

Whatever that article says, it doesn't work - you can't transfer a 120 GB HDD to another 120 GB HDD. It keeps looking for a 20 GB HDD to move the stuff from. I even sat on the phone on the customer service line, and they couldn't even help me. The supervisor I wound up talking to didn't even know that article existed until I mentioned it and he looked for it online. Guess I'll be unscrewing the case tonight...hope I can still sell or trade off the extra one.

I just ordered a 120 GB HDD for $107 CND shipped. So I would love to be added to the list please. I don't know how long this will take to arrive though so if I'm not ready I'll ask that the cable be passed on to the next person. I think it is coming from Hong Kong.

Grecco

I got the transfer kit. Did the transfer but it said some data was corrputed and couldnt pass on to the 120gb hd. Not only that there was extra stuff on the 120gb like Lumines demo, some videos, Lost Planet demo, Lego Starwars demo. I thought that stuff was supposed to be deleted when you did the transfer?

pr0cs

Grecco said:
I got the transfer kit. Did the transfer but it said some data was corrputed and couldnt pass on to the 120gb hd. Not only that there was extra stuff on the 120gb like Lumines demo, some videos, Lost Planet demo, Lego Starwars demo. I thought that stuff was supposed to be deleted when you did the transfer?
yeah it 'restored' some shit I deleted, not sure why, i didn't get any corrupted data warnings though.

pr0cs

Sorry guys, I was away in Denver on business and didn't have network access.
Robut.. someone sent you the cable again!?

dammit..

I should have marked people as done. we're going down the list adding names the names at the top above the arrows have been completed people.

Deviant1 should have been contacted already and should be receiving a cable next. after him then Stabby McSter

got mine today and no wonder it took so long as they sent it from Prague.

Worst thing is MS region lock the the disc. They never did on the HD-DVD disc so never thought they would do with this. When I spoke to MS on the phone last week, They knew I had an Asian machine once I gave my serial number. The lady must not of known the disc was region locked.

I now gotta go to my bro's and use his PAL 360 to transfer my stuff. My cable and disc is useless for anyone who has not got access to a PAL 360.

guys I'm willing to pay shipping, my xbox is running strong, but my 20gb is maxed out and has been for a while, I'm deleting stuff I don't want too. also I heard the 120 gb harddrive comes with this? is that true? if so I'll buy one tomorrow.

Already PM'd spookyfish, but to update the thread, I sent my cable to him last Friday afternoon Aussie time.

So hopefully he has it by the end of this week at the latest.

spookyfish

Hey, pr0cs: I haven't received it yet. 2 Minutes Turkish estimates it should arrive Thursday, Oct. 16. Will use it and send to the next person in line straightaway.
Thanks again!

deviant1

Got the transfer kit from open_mouth on Saturday and did the transfer yesterday. Everything went perfect.

Per pr0cs, I messaged jeremy1456 to get his address but haven't heard back yet. Hopefully he responds soon so I can keep it moving along.

Big thanks to pr0cs again for setting this all up.

Pure madness. I tried using my brothers 60GB pal machine to do the transer and it kept giving me an error code. MS had no idea why this was happening when I called them. Looked on the web and because I have a 20GB 360 I can only use a 20GB machine to do the transfer. My friend came down last night and I finally got it working! :)

thrasher said:
Could some1 ship it to Dubai. I'll take care of the costs for delivery and return.

Thanks

Is your 360 Pal, Asian/Japanese or US?

pr0cs

Grecco said:
Do i have to send it to Stabby or Dr?
check with Stabby via PM and if he's been contacted then check DrWho.
Let me know who you've sent the stuff to.
Any time you guys receive and/or send out the cable keep me informed guys via PM so I have a better idea who has a cable and where it's going next.

thrasher

Banned
kobashi100 said:
Pure madness. I tried using my brothers 60GB pal machine to do the transer and it kept giving me an error code. MS had no idea why this was happening when I called them. Looked on the web and because I have a 20GB 360 I can only use a 20GB machine to do the transfer. My friend came down last night and I finally got it working! :)

Is your 360 Pal, Asian/Japanese or US?

Good ol PAL

pr0cs

Sorry for the slow updates those of you still waiting, I'm going to find out the location of the cables and see if we can't get the rest of the people cleared away.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I don't check this thread regularly so if somebody needs the cable/disc just PM me.

So is Darien's a fourth one going into rotation? My HDD finally shipped from Hong Kong, hopefully it will be here by the end of the week. :D

pr0cs

DoctorWho said:
So is Darien's a fourth one going into rotation? My HDD finally shipped from Hong Kong, hopefully it will be here by the end of the week. :D
I guess if Aerofx is willing to play along.
I'm having trouble finding out who has the two other cables.
People kept sending the cable along and not kept me informed as to who has it and where it was going.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
pr0cs said:
People kept sending the cable along and not kept me informed as to who has it and where it was going.

you have created a monster... people are paying it fast forward :lol

pr0cs

open_mouth_ said:
you have created a monster... people are paying it fast forward :lol
In that regard I'm happy everyone is so willing to help out, I just feel bad for those still who need the cable because there are still 2 cables floating around and I don't know who has them and how long till they can send it to the next person.

deviant1

pr0cs, I know I pm'd you all of this info already, but just in case you've lost track of this cable:

- I received my cable from open_mouth on October 10.

- I shipped my cable out to VanMardigan on October 17.

- jeremy1456 finally got back to me on October 17 saying he doesn't need the cable anymore, I guess you can cross him off the list.

pr0cs

deviant1 said:
pr0cs, I know I pm'd you all of this info already, but just in case you've lost track of this cable:

- I received my cable from open_mouth on October 10.

- I shipped my cable out to VanMardigan on October 17.

- jeremy1456 finally got back to me on October 17 saying he doesn't need the cable anymore, I guess you can cross him off the list.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully the others have time and see this thread.

Spookyfish had to be put back on the list. Microsoft in it's infinite wisdom
stupidity
decided to make the disc region coded so he can't use 2 Minutes 2 Turkish's cable/disc because it was from Aussieland (no idea what region it's labeled as).

Sorry for the delay guys, organizing this is a lot harder than I thought. :D

tralfazz

Very Cool idea.

My launch 360 finally RROD. Got a 60GB pro. Would really appreciate it if I could be added to the list, please. Thanks for the help ahead of time.:D I'm a USAer

tralfazz said:
Very Cool idea.

My launch 360 finally RROD. Got a 60GB pro. Would really appreciate it if I could be added to the list, please. Thanks for the help ahead of time.:D I'm a USAer

You should be able to get one for free Microsoft directly I believe. The details are in the OP.

Anyways, I received my HDD in the mail and at first it didn't work but I tried it a second time and now it seems to be fine. So I'm ready to go for transfer goodness.

If you guys would like another official MSFT HDD transfer cable (and software) in the loop let me know. I have one from when I bought an Elite for the living room last year. I just moved a couple of weeks ago, and I I'll have to find the box I put it in (it may even be in storage). But if others need it I'll do my best to dig it up. I also think I've spotted a few local EB/Gamestops for dirt cheap. So some may want to look into that as well.

pr0cs

Apharmd Battler said:
If you guys would like another official MSFT HDD transfer cable (and software) in the loop let me know. I have one from when I bought an Elite for the living room last year. I just moved a couple of weeks ago, and I I'll have to find the box I put it in (it may even be in storage). But if others need it I'll do my best to dig it up. I also think I've spotted a few local EB/Gamestops for dirt cheap. So some may want to look into that as well.
If you're game please send spookyfish a PM and get his shipping info.
I'm sending out PMs again on Monday to find out where all the cables are so we can get this cleared up before NXE arrives.

aerofx

pr0cs said:

of course.

pr0cs

just a bump.

I sent out PM to a few people to find out their status and to keep the cables in rotation.

shoot me a PM if you have a cable and you aren't sure who to send it to now (ie: I havent PM you).

cheers everyone.

goMaki

I got a 120 from the Dell deal a month or so ago and have anxiously been awaiting my HDD Kit from Microsoft. I still haven't received it, so is it possible to get me in this loop? I'd really like to transfer before my old one kicks the bucket ( which it sounds like could be soon. WHIRRRRRRRRR :lol )

Thanks. *^_^*

*Roxy*

Top Bottom