• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PBS : VideoGamesLive Special Premieres July 31

DarkWish

Got the DVD today and it's pretty good. It's basically the PBS Special but with some added segmented and extended stuff (like for example, on the PBS Special the Halo segment was extremely short but the DVD has the full segment). Some of the behind the scenes stuff is cool and the interviews are interesting. I like the one with the composer party in Japan... it's kind of awkward cause no one is prepared for the camera and it makes it kind of funny, but it's cool seeing all those composers together. All in all, a great DVD. I'll probably watch some of the segments again right now actually.

Chairhome said:
Thanks, probably picking this up for my friend's bday. Is there a tracklist anywhere?
You're welcome! Tracklist:

Classic Arcade Medley
Halo® Montage
Civilization IV®: Baba Yetu (Duet Version)
StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty Theme
Sonic the Hedgehog™: Staff Credits
Advent Rising™ Overture
Interactive Guitar Hero®: Aerosmith – "Sweet Emotion"
Warcraft® Montage
Chrono Cross®: Scars of Time
Mass Effect™ Suite
Megaman® Montage
Tribute To Ralph Baer
Myst® Suite
The Legend of Zelda™ Suite
Super Mario Bros.™ Medley
God of War™: Revenge and Redemption
Martin Leung - Mario™ Solo Piano Medley
Martin Leung - Tetris® Solo Piano Medley
World of Warcraft®: Lament of the Highborne
Castlevania® Rock Overture

http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?story=256
noquarter said:
Wow, thanks for the heads up, looks like I'll be going to Best Buy today.
Enjoy!

YES!!!

Yet again, my choir is going to sing for the new Jersey performance in Late December. I did this two years ago, and it was so much fun, I can't wait to do this again.

I just got the list of songs. (I mean the list of songs that the choir is involved in. I don't know any of the instrumentals yet.)

While there are only three main repeats, (two which I feel are necessary, and I'm glad they're back) I'm a little disappointed with a few of the other selections. Not to say the music won't be good; overall the songs are more involving than the last time, and look more challenging. I like the challenge. But the songs are for more recent games (one that isn't even out yet!) and I wanted to tackle other songs that I know they perform and hold more meaning to me. Oh well, maybe next time!

I'll let you all know how things go as we get closer to the performance. If you wanna see the last thread I made for the first VGL show I did here's the link:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13749093

Top Bottom