• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC gamers - Post your mouse

zlatko

Banned
mickey_mouse-1097.jpg

I just use my MX Revolution since I really like it for my normal computing tasks. I've never bought a separate mouse for gaming, I usually just get one that I like for normal computing although I had the most basic microsoft wireless mouse for the longest time.

teiresias

I'm debating between a Microsoft Sidewinder X8 or a Logitech G9(x). They're both about the same price, but the X8 is appealing due to being wireless (please no "you can't game with a wireless mouse posts", they don't bother me).

Unfortunately I can't find either in a store to see how they feel. I tend to use a hybrid claw/palm grip where my palm does rest on the mouse but I curl my fingers up and grip the sides with my thumb and pinky like in a claw grip.

Anyone have any opinions between the two?

Shinjitsu

Banned
teiresias said:
I'm debating between a Microsoft Sidewinder X8 or a Logitech G9(x). They're both about the same price, but the X8 is appealing due to being wireless (please no "you can't game with a wireless mouse posts", they don't bother me).

Unfortunately I can't find either in a store to see how they feel. I tend to use a hybrid claw/palm grip where my palm does rest on the mouse but I curl my fingers up and grip the sides with my thumb and pinky like in a claw grip.

I have the X8 and love it.

kn4rf

19 & 21 said:
3821157940745.jpg

Lachesis - fine for the first 6 months, drivers or laser has issues from time to time now. Most likely drivers.

I just got the Lachesis what a great upgrade from my IntelliMouse Optical.

My only beef is when I put my mouse down on my mouse pad too hard it tends to switch profiles on me. (Gotta stop RAGIN')

Fixed1979

razer-mamba-package.jpg

I sent the first one back because it arrived DOA. My second one is the biggest piece of shit I have ever used in my life. I feel like I need to keep using it because it cost so much, but I'm definitely looking on getting rid of this thing. From the self moving pointer to not waking up, to not holding it's charge, to squeaky scroll wheel. There will never be another Razer product attached to my computer. I've always used Logitech and I'll be going back to them once I pick out a new mouse and build up enough gumption to throw a $100+ mouse in the trash. 1/10

logitech-g5-mouse.jpg

Before that I had a first gen G5. Great mouse, started getting jittery after about 4 years of usage. Wished only for more buttons. 8/10

My fellow MX518/G5 bretheren, I have a a question. How do you guys "grip" your mouse? Does your middle finger rest on the right click button, or your right ring finger? I've been using my right ring finger without even realizing it, and clawing it pretty hard. It gives me great control but my hand starts to hurt after long gaming sessions. I've been trying to train myself to use my middle finger, but I don't feel as precise with it.

What say you GAF?

Fixed1979

Baller said:
My fellow MX518/G5 bretheren, I have a a question. How do you guys "grip" your mouse? Does your middle finger rest on the right click button, or your right ring finger? I've been using my right ring finger without even realizing it, and clawing it pretty hard. It gives me great control but my hand starts to hurt after long gaming sessions. I've been trying to train myself to use my middle finger, but I don't feel as precise with it.

What say you GAF?

How he hell do you hold use your right mouse button with your ring finger? I just tried moving it onto the right button and I couldn't even let it rest there. You're a strange fellow.

Fixed1979 said:
How he hell do you hold use your right mouse button with your ring finger? I just tried moving it onto the right button and I couldn't even let it rest there. You're a strange fellow.
I grip the mouse with my thumb and pinkey so I can pick it up and move it quickly. I dunno, I like that I can mouse scroll / right click / left click instantly, but it does hurt after a while. I wish I wasn't used to holding it like this. :lol

Fixed1979

I use my thumb and pinky to control movement, but my ring finger is kinda just off to the side. Whatever is comfortable for ya I guess, it's definitely awkward for me to click with that finger though.

Animal

Banned
mr stroke said:
anyone else use this mouse?

really like all the side buttons for macros, but it looks bulky.

Even if it didn't have the 12 buttons on the side, it is still the greatest mouse I have every used. I've used them all.

gillty

Banned
teiresias said:

Exactly how I hold my G9, extremely comfortable.

Firehead

XPwxz.jpg

Anyone have any experience with this mouse? How's the size and weight compared to the logitech G5? How would this fare for both sniping in Bad Company 2 AND macros for MMOs? And I'm assuming you can program two of the buttons to adjust the sensitivity up and down.

Egos-8-LASER(1).jpg

I could've gotten the carbon fiber edition, but it costs twice more, so no thanks.

Two side buttons, zoom in/out, dpi button, side clicks for the mouse wheel. I had to solder this once since a wire got broken off.

Miroslav

I have had lots of gaming mices:

- mx 310 (aka "cheat in hand")
- razer diamondback
- g5
- razer imperator
- g9

All of the are great mice but of all the shapes my favourite is the g5. The "bump" shape makes it the more comfortable of all. Imperator and g9 are amazing, imperator has z tracking though, but the claw grip jts doesnt make it for me as I have to make quick sweeps most of the time (i play ql and it is a VERY fast game). My two cents.

Inkwell

Banned
I've been looking to get a new mouse, but I wasn't sure which thread to use. I need to replace my MX510 as the scroll wheel randomly does not work. I have no idea which mouse I should go for. Everyone seems to love the 518 but it seems like that model is a little old now.

Shambles

What bluetooth mice are people using nowadays? I'm looking for one for my laptop since i'm sick of carrying so many wires around in my bag and the old wireless mouse is reaching the end of its pitiful life. Gaming isn't a huge deal on my laptop as I use my desktop for any FPS type stuff. Most of what i'm seeing are tiny mice that would never be comfortable in my gargantuan hands. Just because I want a mouse to be portable doesn't mean I want to be able to fit a couple of them in my pocket.

clav

microsoft-optical-mouse.jpg

Best $3 mouse ever. Lasted for nearly a decade.

Very comfortable design. Bought 2-3 more in the past years just because I love it so much.

Flib

I know they have been mentioned in this thread a long time ago, but I highly highly highly recommend the Razer Naga if you play MMOs/RPGs. Really upped my tanking game once you get used to it. It's also very comfortable for long sessions.

Jayx77

someguyinahat said:

This is a LX-8 and I bought one when my previous mx310 died (needed one that was amidextrous for the Wife) and while it's not horrible, it definitely shouldn't be used for gaming unless accuracy isn't important to you. The latency is too great to be really any use in FPS and RTS games. My opinion of course. We ended up using it with our netbook when at a table or desk.

After, we bought a rx1500 to replace the dead mx310 and it's surprisingly good, definitely the best ambidextrous mouse out there for the price.

I also use a mx518 when at my main gaming PC and it's reputation stands for itself as others in the thread have testified.

ZZMitch

Agent Ironside said:
Im convinced they molded this mouse from my hand without my knowledge. Best mouse ive ever used.

RAZ014.jpg

Same here, sometimes my pinky finger gets a little uncomfortable, but maybe I am holding it wrong or something!

Clott

Ive had an MX518 for something like 4 years now.

But, damn GAF just got me to order a Razer Death Adder, it will be here in a few days so I cant wait to try it out, but some of the pictures have those blue LED lights, I cant say I really like stuff like that, can i turn the lights off?

ACH1LL3US

Clott said:

But, damn GAF just got me to order a Razer Death Adder, it will be here in a few days so I cant wait to try it out, but some of the pictures have those blue LED lights, I cant say I really like stuff like that, can i turn the lights off?

yes you can turn the lights off, or just have the scroll wheel light up, its up to you.

Nabs

Baller said:

What say you GAF?

My ring finger is never on the button. It's either right next to it, or on the side of the mouse. I do use Mouse4 a lot, mostly in place of right click.

Contemplating getting one of those Razor Naga for when I resub to WoW for Cataclysm, anyone with big hands, how does it feel and are the side buttons easy to press?

Clott said:

yepp I turn the lights off of mine cause I can't stand that ricer shit on my compooter

Firehead said:
NagaMousePic

Anyone have any experience with this mouse? How's the size and weight compared to the logitech G5? How would this fare for both sniping in Bad Company 2 AND macros for MMOs? And I'm assuming you can program two of the buttons to adjust the sensitivity up and down.

I don't in gaming but I've fondled it at Frys and it's pretty lightweight, much more so than my G9 with a couple weights in it. It felt great though, much like the DeathAdder I used with a bulkier body. I could see the 11/12 being a little tough to hit but it's just muscle memory, once you get use to it, it should be cake.

I did hear that they have recently updated the software and everything is mappable though. It's my next mouse and I'm probably getting one of the special editions when they release in a bit.

naga-molten.jpg

Same price, but matches my G15 keyboard as I don't plan to upgrade that for a while .. only issue is it launches 11/29 which is pretty close to the Cataclysm launch so I might just go with the regular Naga to get use to it and get another Razer keyboard (my Reclusa got booze spilled on it so I went to the store and they didn't have it, so I got a G15)

Concept17

MX518 for as long as I can remember.

For as much as I love my Razer headphones, I don't care much for the feel of their mice. I haven't tried some of the ones I see in here though.

my latest mouse is the g700

Y8VCq.jpg

Wireless (plugging it in makes it wired) plus a bunch of buttons. Pretty much what I wanted out of a mouse.

The three buttons to the left of the left click are comfortable to reach. I have the bottom one set to dpi loop while the top two are bound to keyboard keys, in games usually as toggles (like binoculars and nightvision in Crysis). The four buttons on the side are mostly comfortable too, only my thumb rests closer to the two from ones, so I generally have more action based commands on there (like melee).

Zeliard

Zeliard said:
Like some others, I'm still using the legendary Logitech MX518 that I bought in the first week of its release.

Sadly, I think it may be on its way out. My mousewheel has been slowly losing responsiveness, and as of two days ago, is no longer functional. I needs my mousewheel.

RIP, greatest mouse ever created.

Just wanted to quote my post here from back in May.

I still have the MX518, because it's simply too fucking awesome and I won't get rid of it until it's literally completely dead.

And that is all.

Zizbuka

Banned
I like it simple. :D

Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2000

Actually bought an extra since they're getting harder to find.

Nabs

Zeliard said:
Just wanted to quote my post here from back in May.

I still have the MX518, because it's simply too fucking awesome and I won't get rid of it until it's literally completely dead.

And that is all.

i'm guessing i had a similar post earlier in this thread. i am still rolling with my half broken 510. still loving it, but i think i'll get a 518 soon. i was hoping to run into an LE (the awesome red ones) but no luck.

have you fixed your mouse wheel issue? i had a similar problem, but i fixed it by opening the thing and cleaning it out. putting it back was tough. i had no instructions and had a hell of a time getting around the net with my keyboard.

Top Bottom