• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC gamers - Post your mouse

Zeliard

Nabs said:
i'm guessing i had a similar post earlier in this thread. i am still rolling with my half broken 510. still loving it, but i'll get a 518 soon. i was hoping to run into an LE (the awesome red ones) but no luck.

have you fixed your mouse wheel issue? i had a similar problem, but i fixed it by opening the thing and cleaning it out. putting it back was tough. i had no instructions and had a hell of a time getting around the net with my keyboard.

Haven't really tried to mess with fixing the mouse wheel yet. I'll probably take it apart later and see what's messing with it. It's actually still vaguely functional, so it could just be a build-up of dust and such.

It only really gets in the way in certain RTS games, and then, mainly the ones that don't allow you to re-bind zoom. MX518 has those two nifty buttons on the side that I've been using as a mouse wheel substitute when I'm able to.

777px-Logitech-G5-2007.jpg

Kicks ass.

mandiller

someguyinahat said:
L23-7288-out3-dr.jpg

I don't know the exact specifications, but it's a wireless laser mouse from Logitech that came with my Wave keyboard.

Edit: and how is it? I like the response and the scroll wheel feels just right - not too firm, not too loose. The side buttons are a little too easy to trigger by accident (especially the left one) but I can easily overlook that.

Same-sees. The Wave keyboard is awesome btw.

Zzoram

Wireless mice are terrible. I can't even count the number of times I've lost a Warcraft III/Starcraft II team game because my friends' mice batteries died. It always happens during an intense battle so they lose their whole army or at the beginning of a game so they don't start mining until they're 5 food behind.

itxaka

Defeatist
Microsoft Optical Mouse 3000!

It's awesome and has a freaking cable. So difficult to find a decent mouse nowadays with their strange forms, 300 buttons or stupid wireless. Ugh.

Razer Coppherhead:

razer_copperhead_9.jpg

My friends bought me this something like 3 or 4 years ago and I was like " wtf, what a whacky mousse, stupid big ass button " and I didn't even enjoyed it at first because of the strangeness of it's design but I finaly get used to it and after a week, I went back on parent's old mousse and it was it.

I couldn't go back.

This is what Razer is all about. Not being able to go back to anything older/cheaper when you tasted their product. Razer is the very definition of point of no return in term of peripherical material. Now I hold the mouse differently when I browse/work and when I play. Side button for browsing/working are marvellous: double click and back (in web browser and in finder/explorer folders) is so confortable, I could do that all day.

And I know that when this Copperhead will eventually die (even if it's quality is top notch, from using it every single day for several hours, it's looking great) I'll have to buy another Razer and I'll be damn because I'll have to invest 80+ euros in a mouse.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
^ thats what i had until it double clicked and started cutting out from a short in the wire after a year of use.

Back to some cheap logitech optical for me.

Fox318

Well, my g9 just died after what was close to 3 years of service. :( I've been searching around shopping and I'm curious about the RAT 7.

Or am I just crazy?

ghibli99

Razer Lachesis... works well for gaming and general PC use. I've had it get "stuck" a couple times moving left/right across one of their eXactMats, but compared to the amount of use it's gotten otherwise, those were pretty minor glitches. To tell you the truth, it's probably too much gaming mouse for me, but it's comfortable and responsive, so I dig it.

thatbox

Banned
fNbEb.jpg

Logitech MX1000

Been using this for six years, and nothing else compares. Three thumb buttons, middle-click, horizontal scrolling and two buttons above and below the wheel.

thatbox

Banned
Caesar III said:
I don't have the Bluetooth edition but yeah, MX1000 for me as well. Six years sound about right for me too.
I've had to open it up two or three times to clean it out, and it needs to be recharged more often than it used to, but I really can't use anything else now. I wish they were making new versions of them, because mine's pretty grimy. Their current flagship mouse, the Revolution, just sucks in comparison.

I actually just bought a Razer DeathAdder yesterday. I'm loving it so far, although it seems a little big for my hands.

I probably just have to adjust from my old super crappy portable wireless mouse. That thing fit my girly hands well, but was otherwise a disaster. It made me shout "HOW CAN I MICRO IF MY MOUSE WON'T OBEY ME" and throw it across the room.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Fox318 said:
It works awesome!!!

Now I just need to decide between the g9x or the R.A.T. 7.
Cool beans mayng. I personally don't have experience with the RAT7 but it looks something straight out of Transformers. Very in your face design. Both seems to be good so either way you'll be getting a pretty sick mouse.

Fox318

Kaako said:
Cool beans mayng. I personally don't have experience with the RAT7 but it looks something straight out of Transformers. Very in your face design. Both seems to be good so either way you'll be getting a pretty sick mouse.
I just jumped on the RAT7 Figured it would look pretty normal next to my GX660R.

wfu1X.jpg

bPoet.jpg

So I just got the Naga in from Amazon a bit ago and it feels way better than what I played with at Fry's for a couple minutes, I mainly just held it to see if it could fit my hand.

The buttons are perfect for WoW (my main use) and it feels great just to navigate with.

It is very light, about as light as the DeathAdder I used for a year or so before the scroll wheel broke.

the only gripe I have is the two "thumb" buttons are not near my thumb! I might have to use my pointer finger but I just don't see that happening. It will probably just take some getting use to because on my G9 you rested your thumb on those buttons for the most part.
razer-naga-mouse.jpg

Boonoo

flyinpiranha said:
So I just got the Naga in from Amazon a bit ago and it feels way better than what I played with at Fry's for a couple minutes, I mainly just held it to see if it could fit my hand.

The buttons are perfect for WoW (my main use) and it feels great just to navigate with.

It is very light, about as light as the DeathAdder I used for a year or so before the scroll wheel broke.

the only gripe I have is the two "thumb" buttons are not near my thumb! I might have to use my pointer finger but I just don't see that happening. It will probably just take some getting use to because on my G9 you rested your thumb on those buttons for the most part.

Looking at it it seems like the 1-12 hotkeys are where the real thumb action is with the two forward buttons reserved for rarer activities. Can you set them to change the sensitivity? I don't know if it would be too useful in something like WoW, but it's great for FPSs.

Boonoo said:
Looking at it it seems like the 1-12 hotkeys are where the real thumb action is with the two forward buttons reserved for rarer activities. Can you set them to change the sensitivity? I don't know if it would be too useful in something like WoW, but it's great for FPSs.

I don't think you can change the setting of the actual buttons. They are really easy to push though, the 2 I'll just have to figure out what the best reach is for. but like you said, just use them for more rarer actions and such, like mounting.

I have yet to try it with an FPS but will be giving that a shot in a bit, I still have yet to play Metro 2033 that I bought in a pack a couple months ago.

Leunam

Razer-Imperator-Gaming-Mouse.jpg

Razer Imperator.

The thumb buttons have some forwards and backwards adjustment so you can place them wherever you want.

flyinpiranha said:

razer-naga-mouse.jpg
Haha came in here to post the exact same thing, I got mine today also and its pretty damn good, only gripe is the back/forward buttons also. Hopefully I can get use to them soon. But coming from a logitech mx 518 its really great and thats saying something.

JKTrix

I got the Imperator a few months ago after my Habu died from many years of use. I don't really game a whole lot, though--need a better/more comfortable setup.

Flunkie

Banned
My MX518 has taken a beating over the past couple years. It's stripping all its plastic and I still refuse to get a new one. I love it til kingdom come.

MX5184LYFE

Simple Logitech LX7 for me. My left-handedness kept me from developing a taste for fancy mice. Now that they actually make more of them, I don't think I'd be comfortable on a non-symmetrical button layout after all these years. Gimme 5 buttons on a plain mouse and I'm set.

Negator

I've been using my Logitech MX 510 for god knows how long (7 years?). I think it has a layer of dead skin on it :lol

I also have an Icemat. Sexy as hell, it's made of glass so it's super smooth and will last forever, or until I break it somehow.

icemat-1.jpg

Heres mine, got it recently and was only 15 bucks on newegg. Can switch between 800 and 1600dpi with the press of the button by the scroll wheel, damn nice mouse for under 20 :D

cebtd33AXfdjY.jpg

Zaptruder

Banned
flyinpiranha said:

razer-naga-mouse.jpg

Jesus christ. That's not a photoshop?? :p

mr stroke

flyinpiranha said:

razer-naga-mouse.jpg

I have this mouse and its amazing

if you hate the forward/back buttons then just change the mappings with the Razor software to have 1/2 do forward/back

ch0mp

MrBelmontvedere said:
here's what I'm using since several Copperhead mice died (I guess I'm hard on mice...)

will replace it with a Lachesis since they're out now :)

No I think they are just generally quite flimsy.

I am currently using the Razer Imperator since I've replaced my broken MX518 and I've been really enjoying it for the 5 months I've been using it so far. I need to replace my mouse pad (using the generic WoW WotLK CE mouse pad) at the moment as the mouse doesn't move great with it.

I have been thinking about getting a Naga or a Mamba as I've heard nothing but great things about them.

Top Bottom