• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PDZ Clips

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
nm

looks pretty good, especially the 2nd video. going 3rd person while rolling seems disjointed though

Osorio

The first one was alright. I liked the parallax mapping, but I couldn't see much. The second one was much more impressive although those enemies were pretty dumb.

Neither movies from the links works for me. Does it require QT7 or something?

The second link is only 180KB too.

I think we need a rehost.

shpankey

not an idiot
i don't understand why the brick wall and the wooden fence are so shiny. wtf? why do developers make everything shiny nowadays? i've never seen a shiny brick in my life.

other than that, it looked really good.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
nice, really like joanna model when she uses the corner for cover. looks really good even at low quality

lvl in the 2nd vid looks huge

raYne

As stated the second movie is screwed.

As for the first. Mmmm.. parallax mapping...

*edit*
The second movie is dl'ing for me now, 1 min to go. I can't wait. :D

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
The second movie worked fine for me.

The game goes to 3rd person mode whenever Joanna does a special action such as climb a ladder, swing across a zip line, etc.

The rag doll physics are a bit much.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
:lol :lol :lol

The getting hit animations look ridiculous! It looks like they weigh absolutely nothing. Parallax mapping looks great, if not a bit overdone. Since when does brick have a glossy finish?

Anyway I'll shutup till Ive played it.

GeoramA

visuals are shaping up nicely, still up in the air about the gameplay. hope they tone down those ragdoll physics, it's too this-gen

raYne

shpankey said:
can someone tell me what this parallax mapping stuff is and where to look for it in the vid?
First vid when she goes close to the wall and you can see individual bricks. The whole wall is actually just one or very few polys, That's parallax mapping.

Watched the second vid. That level looked huge. And no you can never have enough ragdoll physics. But the hit animations which result from them are a bit much... :lol

Nice videos. Looking good Rare. :)

Look like I'm gonna have a Rare double punch launch for X360. Plus maybe RR6 if PGR3 is delayed.

BTW, don't "save as". Just click on the links and let them load in the broswer window. That worked for me for some reason.

Wunderchu

1st video, unploaded to filefront by "reaver" over at the Team Xbox forums:

http://files.filefront.com/Perfect_Dark_Zero_movie_1/;4178588;;/fileinfo.html

another link to the first video from "babyfacek" @ Team Xbox forums:

http://rapidshare.de/files/5534990/pdz1.MOV.html

"FatMan31" @ Team Xbox forums posted a Putfile link to the 1st vid:

http://media.putfile.com/pdz1

2nd video courtesy of "reaver":

http://files.filefront.com/Perfect_Dark_Zero_movie_2/;4178600;;/fileinfo.html

another link to 2nd vid. from "babyfacek"

http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2MXZ8B3PWGBAZ1JX4BJ74H23E3

Zerodoppler said:
I had a feeling the animations would suck. :( Looks good otherwise, though. Still on the "to buy" list.

I'm not sure if that's pre baked animation or location based damage via physics. Either way, it looks tons of fun to shoot them full of bullets! Screw "realistic" animations. :D

Pug

The levels look massive in scope, the lighting looks fantastic and the detail is pretty much stunning.

Shogmaster said:
I'm not sure if that's pre baked animation or location based damage via physics. Either way, it looks tons of fun to shoot them full of bullets! Screw "realistic" animations. :D
I'm sure it is pre-baked.

Anyway, the reloading animations are VERY smooth. :D

raYne

Shogmaster said:
Indeed. In an earlier thread about the death animations people kept talking about them going back to Goldeneye typed death animations. For the whole time I was all "wtf how's that good?" It seems they meant hit animations but used the wrong term.

am i the only one who thought the rag doll physics looked really fun. Honestly sure they are overdone but thats half the reason why i loved Hitman 2 so much.

Mrbob

Cerrius said:
just saw the second video and I'm dissapointed at the over exaggerated ragdoll :-(

You gonna bitch any more about this game? :lol

Looking good. Must have launch game! I believe! :D

only saw the second video, but the lighting looked very good, the ragdoll physics looked laughably terrible, and the transition from first to third person (and back) is too fast. it'd be better if it went about as fast as Metroid's transition.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Mrbob said:
You gonna bitch any more about this game? :lol

Looking good. Must have launch game! I believe! :D

bitch anymore? I hardly bitch about this game.

The ragdoll physics look absolutely terrible, I hope this was an old build :-(

Prine

Banned
1st movie aint loading i think no more bandwidth. And how did this guys get vids??

Cerrius, sort me out with a link please

Mike Works said:
only saw the second video, but the lighting looked very good, the ragdoll physics looked laughably terrible, and the transition from first to third person (and back) is too fast. it'd be better if it went about as fast as Metroid's transition.
It's all subject to improvement, and I'm sure it will.

U K Narayan said:
It's all subject to improvement, and I'm sure it will.

when is this video from? cause it wont change much if this is from the latest build and they wanna release the game anywhere near launch.

Razoric

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
the one glaring flaw i saw in the game was that there is no blood splashing on walls behin the enemy when they get hit.

Haha that's the first thing I noticed. I thought i was just being a little too picky. I love my blood though. :D

Top Bottom