• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PDZ Clips

Y2Kevbug11 said:
OMG This is probably the best joke in the history of games.

Rare should include a collector's edition picture of Wallguy character art with every copy sold just to make fun of the haterz.

Or just have a crow fly in a window in one scene and flash "Owned"

Shogmaster said:
That code is no fun!

I guess I shouldn't have saved with it enabled?

Razoric

Banned
It looks good and all but I hardly think it's time for the Xbox fans to pull out the 'crow'. It doesnt look that good... yet.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Woah looks really good. The walls in the 1st video look amazing. Overall looks like it will be a fun game to play.

looks improved. I don't like how it switches to 3rd person when you climb or roll, thats just stupid. And the death animations are ridiculously overdone. It looks like the badguys are breakdancing when they get shot.

Ironclad

Prine said:
Aint final bitches, if theres one thing you should remember Rare dont skip on polish (framrate aside)

Dont make another mistake and start ragging on the physics, just like you guys did with the graphics.

Im positive they'll fix it. Its powered by nextgen Havok engine right? They'll tweak it to an acceptable level
Yeah, definitely. Still plenty of time left to work on the game and I'm sure they'll hammer out those physics and get the blood in there.

I just watched the first video and the textures on the walls look brilliant. Also, the light reflecting off the wall looks great as well. Joanna looks a little plasticky though.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
THis isn't an official video, so obviously there are things that still need work. Now, while I'm not a programmer, it would seem fixing a death animation would be quite easy. I can't fuckin wait to see this in HD glory now.

Prine

Banned
Ironclad_Ninja said:
Yeah, definitely. Still plenty of time left to work on the game and I'm sure they'll hammer out those physics and get the blood in there.

I just watched the first video and the textures on the walls look brilliant. Also, the light reflecting off the wall looks great as well. Joanna looks a little plasticky though.

Cerrius and Iron, you guys up for XBL in an hour?? 8pm Est??

Ironclad

Prine said:
Cerrius and Iron, you guys up for XBL in an hour?? 8pm Est??
I'm up for it. Though we'll probably sit around in the lobby discussing PDZ instead of actually playing any Halo 2. Just like last time. :lol

Amir0x

Banned
Ironclad_Ninja said:

A little under two months is NOT "plenty of time." It's the opposite of plenty of time. It's what we call "down to the wire." :p

Hm, the video brought me back down to Earth a bit. Pics looked much improved, and the video does as well... but in motion, I can see flaws much more irritating to me. I don't mind the whole ragdoll thing much, I like crazy death shit. I don't necessarily want all my games real, sometimes exaggerated things like death animations can be entertaining. Although it wouldn't hurt to tone it down a tad.

rastex

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
THis isn't an official video, so obviously there are things that still need work. Now, while I'm not a programmer, it would seem fixing a death animation would be quite easy. I can't fuckin wait to see this in HD glory now.

I'm assuming they're using Havok, since well.. everybody uses Havok. And yes, tweaking the ragdoll physics isn't a particularly difficult thing to do. It's really just a matter of changing some constraint and stiffness values. It's entirely a stylistic choice as to how the ragdoll works and it seems they're just going for a crazy style which some people may not like. Personally I'm a fan of both, though the more "realistic" styles found in Half Life 2 and Halo 2 do seem cooler to me than the over-the-top style.

Fuma

Banned
Wow! Very impressive. The texturing on the walls and the lighting is prob the best I have ever seen. Looked incredible. The gameplay looks great as well. The only thing that needs to be tightened up is the ragdoll physics. Everything else looks ace. Well done Rare!

Ironclad

Amir0x said:
A little under two months is NOT "plenty of time." It's the opposite of plenty of time. It's what we call "down to the wire." :p
Well, it's plenty of time to work out things like the death animations and the lack of blood.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I can stomach those floaty matrix wire animations but I can't get past the shoddy artstyle of the characters especially Joanna. Is the wife of one of the Stampers still the lead character artist for the game (Notoriously known for Anime Joanna)? I hope they capture what made the original Rare FPS's so addictive which was a mix of good story and fun mission objectives built around an intuitive combat system. So far I've only seen combat and well....yeah.

Zeo

Banned
Prine said:
Aint final bitches, if theres one thing you should remember Rare dont skip on polish (framrate aside)

Is that why GBTG sucked and the camera in Conker still felt like an N64 camera? :p

Tony HoTT

Banned
The city and stuff looks awesome.

The game however doesn't look like it plays much better than Goldeneye or the original Perfect Dark. The way enemies were reacting and not dodging or anything and the goofy pistol whip reaction that dude had on the 2nd clip wasn't exactly reassuring.

I'm predicting that a lot of people here will pimp this game and then hate on it once another FPS comes out for the 360.

erikevrhrd

Looks incredible. Well done Rare. I agree that the death animations physics are off...like the enemies have no weight to them...they seem to float like they're filled with air. I'm sure this issue is being addressed.

Excelion

Banned
I can't believe people are complaining the switch from 3rd to 1st person is to fast. Having a slow transition for a fast paced game like this would be utterly retarded.

Fuma

Banned
The forest movie looks like Farcry on steroids. Still the game looks early in parts. I hope they have enough time to get the gameplay right before launch.

Prine

Banned
Zeo said:
Is that why GBTG sucked and the camera in Conker still felt like an N64 camera? :p

GBTG is still a wonderfully polished game regardless of what you think about its quality. And Conker, well yeah, it is a straight port of the N64 game :p

Excelion said:
I can't believe people are complaining the switch from 3rd to 1st person is to fast. Having a slow transition for a fast paced game like this would be utterly retarded.

There are ways of doing it fast without popping like that. Its too sudden.

Prine said:
GBTG is still a wonderfully polished game regardless of what you think about its quality. And Conker, well yeah, it is a straight port of the N64 game :p

Don't bother with Zeo....he's still mad its not on the Revolution.

JoDark

MS Viral Marketing
OH HELL YEA!!!

Of course the anims are crazy, she's taking them with the RCP!!!! KILLER stopping power!

DAMN, video's finally!!! NOW we just need them in 720p!

At the end of the jungle video, is that a hologram she is doing??

Top Bottom